Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My heart goes out to everyone living on the border, you are doing some great things there. Any advice for someone who is considering volunteering for patrol duty? Do you work in groups? Is it relatively safe?

Heres a link for the MinuteMen Headquarters. There`s a Chicago Chapter, there keeping tabs on "Alvira".
    Signing up with MM is`nt like registering to some forum.You will have to go through "SOP" Standard Operation Proceedures. You will be interview by phone by the Chicago Chapter. Once accepted, you will receive a certificate and ID Badge and you will have you choice in border assignments or inland assignments which you can to your own convenience.
    https://secure.responseenterprises.com/ ... .php?a=228

Actually, on the first link, just click "volunteer" on the left to get the same page but for the Illinois chapter.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    My heart goes out to everyone living on the border, you are doing some great things there. Any advice for someone who is considering volunteering for patrol duty? Do you work in groups? Is it relatively safe?
    Neese, if you are planning a trip to the border it is relatively safe but I would suggest you buddy up with someone who knows what they are doing as it does have a possibility of being dangerous if you do not know what you are doing, for the most part though it is generally boring and you can expect the ACLU to come calling as well.
    Keep in mind the time of year you go as temps can vary greatly and often there is little shade during the summer and winter temps can get down to freezing but at least the rattlesnakes are not out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks MountainDog, that is good advice. I'm curious, what does the ACLU normally do when they visit? Will the Minute Men pair me up with someone who is experienced? Is it better for me to register now, not knowing when I can work the border, or is better to wait until I have a date to go out? Since I don't live in a border state, and I have to travel anyway, I am more inclined to go to Arizona. Does it matter what MM website I register on? Thanks.

Neese, most of your questions would best be answered by your local MM group, check and see if they do border trips and if not could they direct you where to go, many go down in large groups or perhaps you could go down with another, they usually have things set up very well and have their own rules.
    All the ACLU might do is want to talk with you and may try to get you to say something to trip you up so they can use it against you/us.
    Az would be nice this time of year, I was out doing a check earlier and watched the sun come up it was beautiful but the temp was 34 degrees.
    A border trip can be fun, you will get to see different things and talk to some good people, but do bring along a good book and some CD's as many areas only get spanish stations on a radio and you will need to relax at times.
    Wish I could be more helpful but if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What happen to the law. where texans can {mod edit} "protect themselves from" anyone that steals from their land??? come on people these little sing alongs are'nt going to do any good..hell wake up..

Bama, all I can say is I know a hellava lot more about what goes on at the border than you and I guarandamntee you I do a hellava lot more to stop illegals from getting into our country than you, so unless you have any better ideas than shooting people I suggest you go stuff your mouth with turkey and have a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Cheers.

I agree with both of you, but I think I have to do my part. I am not going to give up my country without an honest fight. Everyone is welcome as long as they abide by our laws.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Bama, all I can say is I know a hellava lot more about what goes on at the border than you and I guarandamntee you I do a hellava lot more to stop illegals from getting into our country than you, so unless you have any better ideas than shooting people I suggest you go stuff your mouth with turkey and have a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Cheers.
    yea right, that why there still getting in..but keep up the great job..and what do you do to stop them..i am sure that flipping them off and telling them to go home..really slows them down..but you tell me what this great plan, that hasn't already fail a million times...and before you can out do me on winning this war, you would have to grow a pair..

I'm curious, what does the ACLU normally do when they visit?
    Based on the pics and video I've seen from ACLU visits in the past, they sit around and smoke dope.
    Knowledge is Power Power corrupts Study hard Be Evil

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast