Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am thankful for what you did. Don't regret it.

I am glad to hear that everything seems okay now. I think you did the right thing. The property manager was really wrong to give the contractor your name. But it's a lesson for all of us here to make sure cases like this are handled discreetly. Keep us posted.

I learned a lot from this post. Thank you everyone for your comments!!

Growing up in Houston, TX, I know it only takes a couple of beers for the "MACHO" attitute to kick in! Hell, some illegals go and kill some other illegal for something that happened in their little town in Mexico years ago. Or the son avenges the family for something that happened before the guy was even born...It's like the wild west here!

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen
    I would say tho' that I don't think your confrontation increased your risk of becoming a victim of violence from the illegal aliens from Mexico. I would say that crime statistics have shown that they have an equal proclivity of predation upon people they don't now or have not come in contact with. My guess is that they now know they are under suspicion and have been warned by their wrangler, so they are possibly less likely to do anything. Maybe not. But I simply see some of them in the category of using violence as a plausible means of acheiving a primative ends. Which in their case simply means instant gratification. They seem to find solace in hurting others, apprently they feel entitled to it. If you check out video clips of the protestors on their side, they seem to be in a state of ecstasy when they are behaving violently and shouting threats. AT this point they seem to be the happiest. I personally feel that most illegal aliens view violence like citizens of civilized countries view civil discourse, for some reason hate comes easy to them.

So yes, I think that regardless of the situation the chance of violence would have been there. But document, document, document.

Quote Originally Posted by feduphispanic
    Growing up in Houston, TX, I know it only takes a couple of beers for the "MACHO" attitute to kick in! Hell, some illegals go and kill some other illegal for something that happened in their little town in Mexico years ago. Or the son avenges the family for something that happened before the guy was even born...It's like the wild west here!
    quote]
    Sounds like illegals make life great in Houston. I mean with all of the rise in crime you have had after Katrina and illegal aliens murdering citizens and each other, it probably beats watching tv.

Actually, Machsimo is listed as a mental disorder (DSM IV) in Hispanics that is also borderline personality disorder.

LINK

EXCERPT:
    DSM-IV Axis II Comorbidity with Borderline Personality Disorder in Monolingual Hispanic Psychiatric Outpatients.

Article
    Journal of Nervous & Mental Disease. 190(5):324-330, May 2002.
    GRILO, CARLOS M. Ph.D. 1; MIGUEL ANEZ, LUIS Psy.D. 1; McGLASHAN, THOMAS H. M.D. 1

Abstract:
    The authors examined the comorbidity of DSM-IV borderline personality disorder (BPD) with other personality disorders (PD) in a series of adult monolingual (Spanish only) Hispanic psychiatric outpatients with substance use disorders. One hundred outpatients (69 men and 31 women) were assessed with the Spanish version of the Diagnostic Interview for DSM-IV Personality Disorders. PD co-occurrence in the group of patients with BPD (N = 34) was statistically compared with that in the group without BPD (N = 66). Bonferroni-corrected chi-square analysis showed significant diagnostic comorbidity with BPD for antisocial, avoidant, and depressive PD. However, analyses conducted separately by gender showed no significant comorbidity of any PD with BPD in women and significant comorbidity with antisocial, avoidant, and depressive PD in men. These results suggest that in monolingual Hispanic psychiatric outpatients with substance use disorders, gender may play a role in the nature of BPD comorbidity. The BPD diagnosis may represent a broader range of psychopathology in Hispanic men than women.
    [/url]

Good job Ronster.

The first line of defense in this country is the people of the United States. Unfortunately we now seem the only line of defense.

We have done nothing waiting for our government to step forward for way to long.

To have said nothing has its own risk.

If anything happens to you because of this many of us here will want to know about it.

I think you now have less to worry about now than if you had of done nothing. Now maybe the home owner association will check to see just whom is working on the premises. I know my sisters has strict guidelines about the legality and licensing of those hers hires.

Your actions may have not only made your home a safer place but also your neighbors.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234