Ok I thought I'd start this thread for everyone to have a place where we can post ways to rebuke arguments like:
* they're just here to do what Americans won't
*we can't send them all back
*you're a racists if you support legal immigration

I was at a dinner party this weekend and my best friend of almost 20 years, has this annoying habit of implying that I am a racist because I do not think it is ok for people to be in this country illegally.

Another friend states that if you are against illegals then you don't realize that they are here for you're benefit and that they have much lower incidence of crime than the rest of the population.

So my response to them was this:
Being in this country illegally is a crime, therefore being in this country illegal is a crime for all of them.
Wanting people to abide by our laws is not racism, I then pointed out that they were being racist for assuming that all illegals are Hispanic. This of course made them reel in their seats but they couldn't argue.

As far as being here for our benefit: I said that if you are supporting them being here and working for substandard wages and benefits, you are essentially supporting greedy businessmen who are taking advantage of these poor people. In effect supporting a modern day slavery.