Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    I just replied to someone "offended" by the show before it's even aired.
    http://www.topix.com/forum/prisons/T7DJ ... H#lastPost
    This lady has been whining and giving a link to her story on every forum or article with comments on this show that she can find.

Seems to me she is whining about her story to increase hits to her website or book or whatever she's trying to sell.

I'm interested to see this show. Probably won't watch more than a couple of episodes, but it should be interesting for awhile.

Even the airport security jobs are harder than they look. I was working for Southwest Airlines on 9/11/01, and that Christmas I volunteered at the Baltimore Airport, as they knew they were going to be swamped. They were short on airport security and baggage searchers (they hadn't had enough time to hire all the new airport security), so I went through a day of draining for bag searching and pat-downs. Just basic stuff, really.

The Saturday before Xmas, 3,000 people showed up at once for almost every flight of the day on Southwest. 3,000 angry people in line for hours on end, many missing their flights. Very disorganized at times, but that's a lot of people!

I spent a couple of days searching through people's bags with the gloves on. Never found anything bad. But lots of yucky dirty clothes (the worst were a group of oil rig miners going home with bags of truly filthy and stinky clothes -- they were embarrassed and very apologetic about us having to search through it, lol). But I have to say, there is more to the job than meets the eye. It was pretty crazy then, before the whole system became much more organized.

LOVED those machines where you could strip away layers of the bag to see each layer of clothes, what was hidden under it, etc. I obviously couldn't work the machines, but I got to see them scan a few bags, and it was pretty cool.

I salute those in the airports, at the border, the DEA, etc. They get so much heat from these La Raza type groups (and others like them), and so little thanks, but I hope this show raises awareness and will help Americans be thankful for all they do for us!!

TexasGal

I replied to the forum at ABC that was mentioned in this thread, sounds like the whole RAZA group is run by a bunch of knuckle heads, but remember there is strength in numbers. Stupid or not there are a whole lot of them running around and that is just a scary thing in my book!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234