Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

RED ALERT - PHONE IN

Hi all! I want to report my phone activities for Friday the 27th. I was very happy to find I FREQUENTLY had to wait 10 RINGS OR MORE before anyone picked up on the switchboard ToLL Free 1 888 355 3588 number. Though it doesn't meet my DREAM PHONING DAY, when I hope to not get through at all for HOURS, there were frequents dialings when I was sent to a message "ALL CIRCUITS ARE BUSY. PLEASE TRY YOUR CALL LATER"

Three tries to Feinsteins office met BUSY signals. several other Senator's lines were busy the first time, but I got through later. Never did get through to Feinstein. Hope it isn't because OUR OPPOSITION in CALIFORNIA were busy on a call-in of their own.

I propose we do another phone-in from Monday to Friday of next week. My goal is to BURN UP THE SWITCHBOARD WITH CALLS. Besides switchboard, there are local numbers in the Senator Phone Book that I posted awhile back. Let's turn up the volume a notch or two!! Letters are good but may not reach their targets on time as there are special processes on mail that take longer because of the anthrax scare after 9/11. We are at the 11th hour on this Senate review of HR4437 and voting on one of their OWN bills. Who knows they wont try to pull a fast one and have it all done one morn when we wake up.

I hope some of you will join me in a redoubled effort this week.

To recap suggested strategy from several sources, call:

Your own Senators

ALL SENATORS up FOR RE-ELECTION

ALL SENATORS ON THE JUdICIARY COMMITTEE

ALL SENATORS WHO THINK (YEAH, RIGHT) THEY ARE PRESIDENTIAL possibilities.

ALL SENATORS WITH DECENT VOTING RECORDS FOR CAREER VOTES ON BORDER CONTROL AND INTERIOR ENFORCEMENT(ask them to introduce Enforcement Only legislation in the Senate. We presently have NO SUCH BILL for the Senate to vote on. As things stand, they pretty much have to choose between the Cornyn/Kyl Bill or the BARF! Kennedy/McCain Bill. An aid told me the processing of introducing a bill is pretty quick, so all we have to do is convince one of these Senators who are up for re-election and who want to look STRONGLY anti-imigrant.

I suggest James Talent, whose staff is being very anti-illegal immigration.

If you want more, call some of the renegades and let them know their voting records are going to SINK their asses and their party if they don't get on board with what the American people want.

All the above lists of Senators are already posted and I'm sure you all have them already from your previous projects.

e-mails to the RNC to complain about Tom Tancredo not being invited to the Southern Republican Leadership Conference are also quite important to SUPPORT him as he continues his tour. All that is already Posted.

Hate to be a NAG, especially since I am relatively new and all but .....we are down to critical mass here.
    Thank You VERY Much.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

DcSA, I think it's a good idea to keep the pressure up every day until the Senate begins work on immigration issues.

I stumbled across a site yesterday, http://www.americaneconomicalert.org/le ... 99&plus4=1 where you can email or fax YOUR congress critters. Just fill in your name, address & email addy & the letter goes to both your senators & rep. It only takes about 30 seconds.

[quote]

Letter To Congress: Preview Letter

Take a look at our letter on Tell Senators: Support HR 4437 Immigration Bill. To personalize and send, complete the form below. Your address and your Representative's name and address will be automatically inserted.

Your Address
    Your City ST 12345

January 28, 2006

Dear [Your Rep's Name]:

As your constituent and an American citizen, I am greatly concerned about illegal immigration into the United States. Unlawful entry into the U.S. is a crime and a serious one. It undermines our basic rule-of-law system. It poses a significant threat to our national security. Additionally, a continuing inflow of cheap labor suppresses the wages of both hardworking U.S. citizens and legal residents.

In 2005, the U.S. House of Representatives passed HR 4437, which would provide funding for the construction of a 700-mile security fence along the southwestern border. Additionally, this legislation would establish a mandatory employment eligibility verification system for workers, would add new law enforcement provisions, and would tighten various loopholes in background checks and other procedures. Most importantly, this bill does not provide for a “guest workerâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It really makes me angry that they keep stalling off voting on this bill. If they think something else is more important, I am thinking it is something for THEIR betterment, not ours.

I'm thinking we might want to push them to put 4437 back on their list of priorities since another million or so illegals can conceivably get into this country between now and March. The longer they pussy foot around, the more illegals we will be looking in the eye.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Faxes

Had_enuf, I love your idea for faxing. There is also an ACTION BUFFET at NUMBERS USA which I have been using all of 2005 to send faxes to my congressmen.

http://www.numbersusa.com/newbuffet?screen=small

They only allow faxes to one's OWN congressmen, however, and limit the number of those, (probably so they won't be accused of duplicting or swamping the faxes with identical faxes). Once in a while they have one for Specter or for Bush.

I will check out your suggested site .

Yes, I love your goal of having them fill up the Fax Machines every day.
    So I will add that to my calling goals.

I hope you will still join me in the goal of keeping the Congressional switchbaord RINGING constantly. Talking to the Senators aids has been very educational and FUN, really. I organize myself before I start and make notes on each conversation. It's not hard to do at all, though I felt shy to do it at first. I talk to ALL of them, not just my two LAY DOWN Senators.

Thank You both for reading and responding to my post. JJ, I feel the same way as you do. They are such sneaks, that I feel things are going on that no one will talk about publicly even now as I write this. That's why I like to talk to the aids and try to pin them down on WHEN the vote will come up and Which bill their Senators are supporting.

Regarding e-mails, I've had e-mails to Senators that are not from my state NOT GO THROUGH. I'm wondering if they prune those not coming from their state.(one must give one's address and tel # to e-mail). Does anyone know what gives on that? Maybe the mailboxes were just FULL???

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

It's a long and tedious process, but you can get fax numbers from the individual senators' pages and fax them all if you want to. I did it that way recently when we started the campaign about 4437.

My e-mail from Roy Beck at Numbers USA

Just looked at my e-mail and this is in there. Highlites and colors are MINE

Date: Wednesday 25JAN06 12:15 p.m. EST

"There is a tide in the affairs of men,
    Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life
    Is bound in shallows and in miseries.

"We must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose our ventures."
    ..........Shakespeare ("Julius Caesar")

DEAR FAXER-SUPPORTERS FOR A SECURE BORDER AND REDUCED IMMIGRATION,

It would be difficult to write at a more momentous time or a higher tide of political activity for our immigration issues. We must indeed "take the current," as Shakespeare puts it, and ride this wave of public opinion to good results while we have the chance.

We just got good news that the Senate Judiciary Committee has postponed its plan to move an amnesty bill early in February. The open-borders leaders of that committee now hope to move a giant amnesty bill early in March.

That gives us more time to rally the American people to stop the amnesty.

Last month, the U.S. House passed the best reforms of immigration policies in decades. Now, the Senate is poised to undermine those gains by attaching both an amnesty for illegal aliens and a giant foreign guestworker program to the House bill. Our NumbersUSA Team just today reported to me that most Senators are having trouble deciding whether to give a full citizenship amnesty or just an amnesty of permanent residency!

I confess that the note from Shakespeare at the top of this was not really directly from him to us, but it feels like something pretty specific to us, don't you think?

Great improvement or colossal misfortune lies at the other end of this fight.

We must seize this moment of opportunity. For years, individual citizens like you have faithfully sent their checks and credit card donations to NumbersUSA in hopes that we could help create a tide of public opinion that would lift our country's immigration problems into the mainstream of congressional attention and activity.
    Well, that tide is here. We may now either "take the current when it serves" or be capsized in this giant wave of political attention that has developed.

ORDER OUR FREE WALLET CARDS -- MANY OF YOU
    ARE PUSHING US TO EXPAND OUR MEMBERSHIP FASTER

We encourage all of you to do what thousands have already done: Send us an email and order free foldover wallet cards that include the red and green U.S. population chart that is all over our website. Order 10 at first. If you find them really useful and that you are using them to recruit new NumbersUSA faxers, then order 25 the next time. ImmigrationInfo@numbersusa.com

The cards also include the invitation for a person to come on our website and contact their Members of Congress to reduce immigration.

Many of you find that handing a person the card and talking them through the information on it is the easiest and best way to explain to somebody why immigration needs to be reduced and that working with the NumbersUSA faxing system is the best way to make a difference.

Oh, our allies in Congress tell us that our now-135,000-strong faxer corps is plenty large to make quite an impact. But there is no question that 500,000 would have a lot better chance of defeating the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Ford Foundation lobbies for open borders.

CUSTOMIZING YOUR FAXES CREATES
    MOST IMPACT IN CONGRESSIONAL OFFICES

Sylvia's note:
    The rest of the e-mail is a pleas for donations and though I support that, I will not post it here because I don't want anyone to think I am just looking for donations for one group or the other. I'm sure you were all supporting one group or another before I ever got here, so I will not say anything about that.

Great Idea JJ

Thank You for that idea, JJ. I HAVE seen those fax numbers on the Senators pages but never thought about that. (DUH! ). I GUESS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE FAX CAPABILITY ON MY COMPUTER I JUST IGNORED THAT INFO. Do you know where I can download fax capability?

The way I look at it, LONG AND TEDIOUS is alot better than BLOODY CONFRONTATIONS which is where I'm afraid we will get to if this amnesty is allowed to pass. WE GOT TO SURPASS ANYTHING WE'VE DONE UP TO NOW AND KICK UP THE VOLUME TO A DEAFENING ROAR.

I will go and make a list for us all to use. Or maybe I will integrate that info onto the Senator Phonebook. AFTER I EXHAUST ALL THE AVAILABLE FAXES ON THE LINK had_enuf gave me.

DcSA, if you have windows, you should already have fax capability. All you have to do is set it up. In my machine it's called PHONE TOOLS. It used to be Win-Fax. I also have an independent fax/printer/ copy machine that I got for less than a hundred bucks at Costco or else Sam's club.

and you are right, even if it is tedious, it is worth the effort it takes to do it. It is only a matter of writing up a generic letter and changing the names on it as you go along.

I doctored up a NumbersUSA fax to Reyes tonight. Here is what I said:

Dear Representative Reyes,

Please join many of your colleagues who have already cosponsored H.R. 4313 and support this good bill.

While I would really prefer that HR 4737 would pass into law through the Senate, the TRUE Enforcement Act, H.R. 4313, would also help bring us one step closer toward stopping illegal immigration. The provisions of this bill, including strong interior enforcement measures such as mandatory workplace verification, and strong border security measures, would virtually end our illegal immigration crisis.

Virtually every poll conducted in the past 5 years shows that Americans overwhelmingly oppose illegal immigration. Thus, by supporting H.R. 4313, you can take an action that will likely be supported by almost all of your constituents. In my opinion, a fence is vitally important but apparently this bill does not provide for that which is another reason I wish you had supported H.R. 4437.

I saw you on TV Sat, Jan. 28 asking where the hell the US government is with regard to the incidents with the Mexican military shooting at our border patrol. Now it is time for you to show the voters in your own district where you really stand with regard to illegal immigration. You voted against H.R. 4437. Do you like H.R. 4313 any better? It's way past time to do something.

Thanks

Thanks JJ, I will see if I can get it operational. I'm kinda low-tech!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast