Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Remember, though, HR 4313, is just a watered down version of HR 4737, which we really want. 4313 is coming up for the house consideration and 4737 is already passed the house but in danger in the senate.

The fence sitters in the Senate like to hold important things hostage.

And, PLEASE dont' forget that Feb. 3 is the day the Patriot Act runs out so you can be sure they are going to try to sneak that one past us so they can spy on Americans from now until eternity. Don't fall asleep at the switch on this one!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DcSA, let me know if you have questions. I can try to help you if you need it. I have set it up on a few different computers and I helped my neighbor set hers up not so long ago.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Phone Report

Hi All, I will report this weeks phoning.

Just touching base to give you preliminary results of this weeks calling.

Definitely Will Not Support a Guestworker program

Jeff Sessions-AL - Aid says Senator will not accept any guestworker program for illegals already here in the country.

Saxby Chamblis-GA - Aid says Senator is against guestworker programs. (this is what the aid said, in spite of the fact that the Senator is the sponsor of agricultural bill S2087)

John Ensign-NV - Aid says the Senator thinks illegals should NOT be rewarded.

Orin Hatch-UT - On one call, the aid seemed anxious to say Senator is AGAINST amnesty and will not support a guestworker program. On another call, a different aid told me the Senator might support a guestworker program if it does not abuse the system.

DEFINITE MAYBES

Charles Grassley-IA - Aid was anxious to say the Senator was NOT for amnesty but willnot comment on the guestworker program.

I'm getting so many "don't know" answers that it is maddening. Some would say they were connecting me to the aid who handles that issue, but invaraibly I was sent to a message machine.

I have felt STONEWALLED this week on my calling, more so than last week.

I have looked up all of the immigration bills presently before the Senate.

Sen Dominici's aid told me that his Senator had just introduced a bill to tighten the borders. But when I looked for it, the border security bill was submitted last November, 2005 (bill S.2049) and what he actually just introduced 1/31/06 was an energy and education bill to assure the US would be competative in the 21st century(S.2196, 2197, 219

I will have more later, after I study the various bills. I was wrong in thinking there were no Senate bills that could support an enforcement only position. They are there and only need to be put together into one packeage.

JJ, I have not gotten to the fax project yet, but when I do, I'll pm you if I have troulbe getting set up.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12