Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Reporting Responsibilities

If an individual has knowledge of a company hiring illegals with fraudulent documentation, is that person legally obligated to report it? And, if that person has been instructed to sign off (by a company VP) on I-9's containing the copies of the fake ID but has refused to do so, what happens next?

WMCMinor, we aren't lawyers here and can't give legal advice but I'd sure be calling a legal aid service and asking them that question. Many a lawyer would probably love to field that question, and even take it before the court.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Call an attorney. Preferably one that specializes in that kind of law.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Thank you. I think I may have approached this wrong. I was hoping just to get some advice and/or opinions on how to handle this now after being fired. Specifically, governing agencies to contact about known illegals. I am a little hesitant to say much. I will say that although I had never been fired from a job before this was a good a reason as any.

If you want to report the company, contact ICE. And if you want to get them grief, contact wehirealiens.com

But if you got fired so some illegal could have your job, then you need to contact a lawyer. Even if you just call legal aid and see what they have to say. What about the ACLU? They seem to fight for causes and this is a good one. Even they sometimes fight for American citizens.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just visited wehirealiens.com. Thanks again for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    What about the ACLU?
    Not even after Hell has frozen over.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

JuniusJnr wrote:
    What about the ACLU?

Not even after Hell has frozen over.
    Oh, but Count Floyd, they seem so successful. I'd like to see them fight for an American with an American cause for a change! I, too, have little respect for the ACLU and the causes they champion. Perhaps if American started asking for their assistance, it could change the course of events.

I have just been advised by my attorney not to report them because doing so may seem retaliatory on my part. Doesn't make any sense to me because my firing was retaliatory. The truth is I am angry and would like to expose them but more than that I believe I was being set up to be the scapegoat (heavy fines and possible prison time). I think I'm obligated, to everyone including the illegals, not just myself, to report them. They were told to things that certainly were not included in their job descriptions. I didn't understand why but after being told their true status it all became very clear. Signed, Stuck.

Get a second opinion.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast