Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Both Parties need to wise up to their Voters !!

I am watching this and i see the devide.
    Both sides of the house are responible to you and i. this is you might say a bipartisan issue. Agendas are they dont care about the populas who voted them in !! namely you and i!!!!!!!! vote them all out and elect a goverment thats for the people for its citizens , not just based on Political demographics or allignment !!

Concernedveteran ….I just read the platform of the Constitution Party. From the link you provided …First I must say that I have had it up to here with the Dems and the Reps of today but I can not indorse a party that wants a government without compassion and a total lack of any concern for the common good of its citizens. I am now firmly in the Theodore Roosevelt camp
    "One Flag ... One Language ... ONE COUNTRY"....... Teddy Roosevelt

Stevend1961, you and I are on the same wavelength.

We can't get a third party in power in the short time we have left.

We can make a third party - we can call it the "New" party - meaning all n ew people except those who have been standing with us.

But if your goal is to win the game it must be viewed differently. Of course there is a simple solution. NO AMNESTY. But IF amnesty becomes law I will vote against erery R on the ballot and support the position that the price of amnesty should be loss of the R majority.
    This isn't a 'game'. It is life and death of this country. I am not interested in winning a game. I am interested in trying to keep this country going as a country of the people, etc. , etc. - not by the Democrats or by the Republicans.

So what we do is vote against those who have stood with us - and put in a majority that has been totally against us????

So we should reward those who have 100% voted to destroy this nation?

So, since Kennedy has seniority in the party - remember, he will have a lot of power in WAshington if we just vote in the same old slate of democrats.

Do we really want Teddy Kennedy with the power to bring up even more ways to give away this country to the illegals? I don't.

Just because I don't want Teddy Kennedy in a place of more power does not mean I am a partisan. That's a good try - but I think everyone realizes that to be against those who have almost 100% been for illegal imigration and not to want them to be in the power to vote in even more horrid giveaways is not partisan. It is just common sense.

We don't have a good choice here - we haven't had for a very long time.

Why? Because we have had far too many people who think one party or the other will do the job for us. They wont'.

Let's see how many Democrats vote against amesty. If enough vote against it to stop it - I will consider it.

But that isn't going to happen. To say that the majority party alone made this happen is just nonsense.

If the Democrats gave a hoot about this country - they could have voted with the few people who are against it - and we would have a good bill already. Instead, they have been very instrumental in seeing that we don't get a good bill.

We have had Republican Presidents, a Democratic President, Republican controlled congress and Democrats with the power - and it is the same old - same old.

But right now, Republicans are the only ones holding the line.

To just say because 75% of the Republicans voted for it and 99% of the Democrats voted for it - we should give all go out and vote Democrat is just suicidal.

Yes, President Bush wants to give them this country, some Republican congressmen want to give them this country - ALL the Democrats want to give them this country - so we should punish the entire country and vote Democrat because we have 75% corrupt people in one party.

So, yeah, let's give President Bush exactly what he wants?? If we do that, this President and the Teddy Kennedy's will just have a ball seeing how much they can take away from us.

I guess by ALL Democrats - that means voting for Hillary. Oh boy, just think what Teddy and Hillary can do to this country if we give them the opportunity!! I shudder.

Good try - but it makes absolutely no sense.

We can keep the good guys and vote out all the bad guys - whatever party they say they belong to.

We don't have a Democratic or Republcan Party - we have one big Corporacrat party. Just because the Democrats pretend they are 'for the little guy' don't buy it.

Don't buy it any more than you buy the President's brand of
    'Compassionate Conservatism'.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Unfortunately, Democrats are doing nothing but pandering to what they hope is the future Hispanic vote, and way too many Republicans are pandering to the business community seeking to maintain cheap labor.

Meanwhile, my state (Texas), is going to hell in a handbasket. Our health care system is in shambles, our education system is a joke, and wages are stagnant. Medicaid is broke, we lost the CHIPS program, and Governor Perry refuses to call a state of emergency so we could at least get federal funding to help secure the border.

This is all up to the House of Representatives now. They can propose a bunch of useless and unenforceable compromises or kill the Senate bill altogether. I hope they stomp the hell out of it.

WELCOME BITSY!

We're going to give them a little incentive to STOMP THE HELL OUT OF IT

Glad to have you
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks a bunch, 2ndamendsis! I appreciate the warm welcome.

Ya know, I try to explain to family members and friends in northern states how border states have been effected by illegal immigration and they just don't seem to grasp the scope of the problem.

Working in the health care industry, I am astounded that so many Senators really seem to believe that illegals would just volunteer to come forward, pay a fine, learn English, pay back taxes, etc. What POSSIBLE motivation would they have to do any such thing?! They get by quite nicely without speaking English (every business, non-profit or otherwise provides interpreters or has substantial bilingual staff), thank you very much. NOT ONE will just hand over a fine or pay back taxes to "get out of the shadows" simply because they are NOT in the shadows. WHAT SHADOWS?!! They are right out in the open.

If I hear that one more time out of John McCain's mouth, I am going to scream.

My company hasn't hired an English-only speaking person in two years that I've witnessed, although they would NEVER admit to discriminating against non-bilinguals.

Not to mention, you should see the quality of documentation illegals provide. I have seen fake drivers licenses, social security cards and even birth certificates that rival anything I carry as a CITIZEN! Medical bills are just written off because the addresses and phone numbers are false, and God forbid if we get a positive on a communicable disease--we sure in hell can't locate 'em.

Even little things people don't think about: our car insurance rates are off the charts because we have so many uninsured drivers. An injured policeman told me not long ago that illegals can get a complete set of documents for $250, and that includes a bogus auto insurance card.

You can imagine a neo-natal ward filled with babies needing high-level care because so many Hispanic women and teens receive NO prenatal care for an entire pregnancy and then cross the border to make sure they give birth in this country. It is both sad and maddening at the same time.

I could go on and on...

Ah well, what a state of affairs-- I never thought I'd see anything like this.

Thanks again for the welcome.

And pardon my rant.

On December 15, 2005....the US House of Representatives passed HB 4437 to secure our borders and strengthen enforcement of US Immigration Law.

The vote was 239 for and 182 against with 13 not voting. Of the 239 who voted for the bill, 203 were Republicans.

Republicans are for border security and against guest worker/amnesty/earned legalization.

Bush and Cheney are traitors to our GOP Party and our Nation.

The US Senate has 62 traitors in it...these are the 62 individuals who voted for that Senate Sniper Immigration Bill last week.

Bush thinks he can manipulate the US House of Representatives...the People's House....with his arm-twisting like he did on CAFTA.

Not this time.

Dennis Hastert has opposed him on HB 4437; has opposed him on port security; has opposed him on Hayden as CIA Diretor; and is really mad about this recent raid of the US Congress by the US Justice Department.

I think Dennis Hastert is fed up and has had enough.

I think he is ready to break with Bush.

We need to focus on Hastert not only to help defeat any nonsense the conferees might come up with on SB 2611 but to know that we will support impeachment of Bush and Cheney so he can become President and stop this madness.

Hastert isn't perfect...but he is the Man of This Hour in American History.

We need to get Bush and Cheney out, and I'm a 4th generation dyed-in-the-wool Republican who would never suggest this if I did not believe it was absolutely necessary.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

dxd
    I getting the impression that some of you think that your congressman is always free to vote the way they want or the way that is representative of their constituents and that the party at large is not involved in the process.

If anybody supports that incredibly naive position I will once again ask WHY WHY WHY is guru-in-chief Karl Rove arm twisting the R congressman?

Here is a possible example of a back room deal.

R party boss: Okay listen up.. we have X number of D patsies who will vote for amnesty that means we need Y more from our side
    These of you have safe seats so you will vote for amnesty. The rest of you can go be sound bite warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy

Bush thinks he can manipulate the US House of Representatives...the People's House....with his arm-twisting like he did on CAFTA.

Not this time.
    I knew that was you that brought this up doing the CAFTA vote and he is doing the same thing with immigration reform, only this time he sent Karl Rove ...

the FBI raiding a Congressmen's office is not a violation of the separation of powers, but the executive sending proxies to influence the legislative branch is ...
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

dxd, this must be the 200th post to try to convince people that we should just run out and give all the power to the Democrats because we need to 'punish' the Republicans.

A few Republicans have stood with us on this, and how many Democrats - so why does anyone think the Democrats should be given the reins of power.

Do you realize what this PResident and Teddy Kennedy can do to this country when they get together - remember their education bill? Good Heavens. Kids spend their entire school year practicing to take a particular test. That's not education - that total dumbing down. That's a way to keep the riff-raff - that's you and me, folks, dumb so we won't aspire to live on the hill behind the gate with all the elites like Kennedy, Pres. Bush and all the others.

Do the Republicans twist arms - you bet. Do the Democrats twist arms - you bet. There is no difference. Anyone who thinks the Democrats are any less vile than Republicans is not thinking.

Let's look at the ones who stood with us - if they did - they get our vote.

If they didn't, they get the boot - that's the only way to look at it.

I am not into 'punishing' anyone - that is counterproductive. We don't have time to waste 2 or 4 years in 'punishing' a policital party that is not going to wither away and die just because they are not in the majority.

We have had a Democratic majority - did they stop illegal immigration? No.

As for redistricting, as someone pointed out to me and rightly so, the Democrats were the ones who carved up TExas like a pumpkin back many years ago to get their Democratic majority. Then the, equally devoid of character, Republicans came along and rather than doing what is best for Texas and its people, did exactly the same thing the Democrats had.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast