Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Good , so at least some people have common sense to be proud of their own language !!
    Then why when I call the bank or the store it says - for Spanish press one , for English press 2 - why is it already # 2 ?
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    hope2006, it sounds like you felt the communist government falling in USSR was a bad thing? We saw it as good thing as this meant Russians finally had a chance to have freedom. That freedom over there is going to take time and effort, it will not happen overnight. It took a while in America till we had secured our own freedoms.

We as Americans will not stand by and allow this to continue. I see it this way, in this personal manner; This is MY country, MY language is English, I speak English in MY country, and anyone wanting to be here will NOT be accomodated. I do not care how you all did it in YOUR country, you are here and we do it another way, like it, or leave!!!!!

Now, this is what we call being American. Yes, we are a cocky bunch, we are a bit pushy when it comes to our country and our feelings about our country, but personally, I will not apologize and be politically correct, just to please oversensitive anti-Americans. For those Americans who want us to be this way, we tell them GET OUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE THIS COUNTRY, WE CAN DO WITHOUT YOU!!

Now, that this is all cleared up, welcome. This, we are glad you are here and see this problem with us. We welcome your involvement, and hope this INS fiasco can be straightened out for you. However, with all those illegals getting preference, it sound as is it might be a fight.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is not mexico, this is our country and we have no desire to learn their language, our language is english, they need to get out and go home! I don't think you understand the american culture, or history. There is a reason why this land has been blessed and it is not what the illegals are doing. When the pilgrams came to this country the first thing they did was get down on their knees and kissed the ground and ask God to bless it. Americans have fought for this land and given their blood, they have died for this country. No illegal can say this! American families have suffered greatly for the loss of their loved ones that gave their lives for this country. No illegal can say this! Americans have fought and died for the freedom in this country and have made it a prosperous nation. Yet everyone in the world thinks they have a right to the rights that americans died for. Mexico wants rights in this country yet they are not willing to fight for the united states, they won't fight for their own country, why would they fight for us. They have not supported us in the war on terror. Illegals do care about the sacrifices that americans have made to have this great country. They want to come in a destroy everything that america has fought so hard to obtain. If they get their way, there will be no place in the world where you can go to have a better life.

Quote Originally Posted by hope2006
    I do not know a lot about politics , I am just busy working since I came to this country . I like my job and I like to be helpful to people .
    I am not reading newspapers , expressing my political views etc .
    This is no about politics , this is about crashing of this whole system .
    Unfortunately I had to be a witness of the crashing of the Communist system in Russia 10 years ago . This was a very difficult , scary and sad time .
    I immigrated here trying to secure through the hard and honest work protection for my family .
    Now , I have to witness that the same thing is happening to US - this is not just illegal immigration or gay marriages or war in Iraq .
    It looks like all the evil powers are challenging the US system of laws and the only way to survive is to stand strong for the simple basic values -
    like preserving language , laws , anthem , education / yesterday in California there was debate that Hispanics should not take the State exam to graduate from High school / since they cannot speak English /
    Every day the morality and the values are getting violated in someone's favor . This is so sad to see.
    After all , we are nothing but apes without having values .
    This is not only about immigration , this is about preseving integrity and dignity of a human being .
    The whole world is watching America and the immigration reform , the failure to establish the law will have many more consequences than just turning US into one of the Mexico state - the failure will bring a lot of chaos and destruction to the whole world
    Welcome, Hope!

Actually, you sound very astute concerning politics.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Until now you can have my voice and start learning Spanish
    Hope, you are one smart Russian. And you sound so pro-American !! We are blessed and fortunate to have you JOIN us and our cause !!

Many thanks !!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now first, on behalf of our wonderful president, I hope that you are finding our country to be "welcoming", Hope ? Do you feel nice and warm and cozy here in America ?

We HOPE 2006 so. You know if there's one thing I agree with President Bush on it's the way he wants all people to feel "at home" and warm and snuggly in America.

I sincerely HOPE 2006 that you do !!

Sawdust's
    The power in this country lies mostly with the president.
    Hope2006's
    The president is nothing but a human being who was enpowered by other human beings to express their wishes
    I wish you would elaborate on that statement, Hope.

I am sorry hope2006. This is one of the reasons why everyone is so angry at the President for trying to unfairly push his guest-worker program for just a specific group of people. I am sure there are many people from all over the world that want the chance to come to America. Its just not fair at all!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: retrogression of family visas

Quote Originally Posted by hope2006
    Hi everybody ,
    My children are still there and I have to travel every 3-4 months to see them . They are waiting for F2A visas since Nov.2003 and the cut-off dates were moves last month from March2002 to April 2001 .
    I have been in US for about 10 years . I was married to USC and in the end he cancelled papers for my children .
    I assume you received a green card either after marrying the USC, or on your own as a professional. If that was 10 years ago, why did you not sponsor your children then, instead of waiting until 2003?

I cannot understand why the laws that apply to me and my children should not apply to everybody else ?
    Why instead of cleaning this huge backlog of family visas , the Senate is concentrating its efforts on making it worse ?
    Actually, the Senate bill includes an increase in family immigration numbers which would reduce the backlog. However, this reduction would be only temporary, once all the illegals and guest workers received their green cards, they would sponsor their relatives and the backlog would go up again. Just like the backlog is currently so long because of all the illegal aliens who received amnesty in the past that then sponsored their relatives.

I would suggest you get with a group in your area that is protesting against amnesty, and point out to the press how amnesty discriminates against non-Hispanic immigrants like you. You can truthfully say that amnesty is racist. Nothing makes Americans (and politicians) freeze up more than calling them a racist.

Hi bowman ,
    I live in Florida . Do you know any of the groups you are talking about in my area ?
    Thank you
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast