Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thought I check in at SPLC and see what they have to say. What I found was interesting:

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2010/04/2 ... on-reform/

[quote]Nativist Leader Suspects GOP Senator Being Blackmailed By Dems to Support Immigration Reform

Posted in Anti-Immigrant by Sonia Scherr on April 20, 2010

Nativist leader William Gheen routinely demonizes undocumented immigrants, whom he portrays as violent, disease-ridden criminals.

Now he’s targeting Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), saying the longtime Washington politician should acknowledge that he’s gay. “The national border security organization known as Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) [Gheen’s group] is officially calling for [Graham] to make his homosexual lifestyle public knowledge in the interest of political integrity and national security,â€
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gheen is scheduled to appear on Dobbs’ show tomorrow afternoon.
    Whatever you do W,.......don't drink the water. Take your own bottled water.
    Take some hand sanitizer with you as well. Oh, and watch your backside.

April
    Action needed to Stop Amnesty!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-195631.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettybb
    Gee, if Alipac is a right wing organzation, how come, this Democrat, progessive on many issues, is a supporter?

Both sides do the whole demonizing thing. I think the political parties want Americans at each other's throats. We should all just refuse to play their game.

That's the news media's entire game: Divide and Conquer..
    Agreed. I'm a very liberal person that leans toward democrat, and I was not aware that this is a right-wing site. I see plenty of people from all sides of the political spectrum here. I appreciate a place where we can come together as one and combat this major issue that faces all Americans.

Dear Salon,

I hope you are reading this. I am a liberal. I believe in freedom, liberty, and the laws of this country. I support gay marriage, I support legalizing pot, and I support the womans right to choose. You can't label a person that wants people that cheated to not be rewarded for their criminal behavior. I have never been rewarded for breaking the law, and I suspect you have neither. So tell me Salon, why do you want to give special treatment to people based on their skin color? That IS racist, which is something you accuse us of being. You need to retract your statement about ALIPAC being right-wing, because IT IS NOT TRUE!
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthIllegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettybb
    Gee, if Alipac is a right wing organzation, how come, this Democrat, progessive on many issues, is a supporter?

Both sides do the whole demonizing thing. I think the political parties want Americans at each other's throats. We should all just refuse to play their game.

That's the news media's entire game: Divide and Conquer..
    Agreed. I'm a very liberal person that leans toward democrat, and I was not aware that this is a right-wing site. I see plenty of people from all sides of the political spectrum here. I appreciate a place where we can come together as one and combat this major issue that faces all Americans.

Dear Salon,

I hope you are reading this. I am a liberal. I believe in freedom, liberty, and the laws of this country. I support gay marriage, I support legalizing pot, and I support the womans right to choose. You can't label a person that wants people that cheated to not be rewarded for their criminal behavior. I have never been rewarded for breaking the law, and I suspect you have neither. So tell me Salon, why do you want to give special treatment to people based on their skin color? That IS racist, which is something you accuse us of being. You need to retract your statement about ALIPAC being right-wing, because IT IS NOT TRUE!
    Outstanding letter DarthIllegal. I'm a Republican, life-time, from a family of Republicans that have been Republicans since the party was founded in 1854. My great grandfather joined the Union Army as a volunteer to fight to free the slaves. His great grandfather, my great-great-great grandfather fought in the Revolutionary War.

I too support gay marriage and a woman's right to choose. I support legalizing and regulating all drugs, except for sales to minors of course and foreign drug imports, as most know from the blogging here. So I join your request for Salon to retract their statement, and for Mike the Blogger to restract his, about ALIPAC and its members, because as you so eloquently stated "IT IS NOT TRUE" that we are a "right-wing" organization. We're an American organization fighting for the rule of law and the secure territory of the United States, free from illegal invaders disrespecting our nation and harming our people.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

TexasBorn wrote:

Ahem....Betty...not to belabor the point but your statement "It is preceived to mean that gays have a choice in terms of their sexuality, which of course, is not true, and therefore implies prejudice...". This is hardly scientific nor accepted fact among many.
    The latest scientific reports are that they are 99% there in establishing the inherent nature of homosexuality. The most recent i have seen, is work being done in Sweden that compares structural brain differences between heterosexual people and homosexual people, and heterosexual sheep and homosexual sheep. (You realize, of course, that 10% of the animal kindowm is gay, and the animials are not making a "lifestyle choice"). It was really interesting because the gay people and the gay sheep have the same brain difference.

In terms of your friend who was gay but now is happily married, I would presume she is bisexual. There really is a lot of cross over in terms of human sexuality. Most heterosexual men love watching gay sex , ie two women together, which is gay as all get out. But they just ignore the fact that what they are enjoying is gay sex.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

DarthIllegal wrote:

Dear Salon,

I hope you are reading this. I am a liberal. I believe in freedom, liberty, and the laws of this country. I support gay marriage, I support legalizing pot, and I support the womans right to choose. You can't label a person that wants people that cheated to not be rewarded for their criminal behavior. I have never been rewarded for breaking the law, and I suspect you have neither. So tell me Salon, why do you want to give special treatment to people based on their skin color? That IS racist, which is something you accuse us of being. You need to retract your statement about ALIPAC being right-wing, because IT IS NOT TRUE
    Well said!
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

MW
    Judy wrote:

Outstanding letter DarthIllegal. I'm a Republican, life-time, from a family of Republicans that have been Republicans since the party was founded in 1854. My great grandfather joined the Union Army as a volunteer to fight to free the slaves. His great grandfather, my great-great-great grandfather fought in the Revolutionary War.

I too support gay marriage and a woman's right to choose. I support legalizing and regulating all drugs, except for sales to minors of course and foreign drug imports, as most know from the blogging here.
    I do not support gay marriage or abortion, except in cases of rape, incest, and/or jeopardy of life. Nor do I support the legalization of illegal drugs.

While we may differ on some issues, we do have many things in common, Judy. My great-great-great-great-great grandfather fought in the Revolutionary War and was at the battle of Yorktown. My great-great-great grandfather died in the Civil War fighting for states' rights, however, he was not a slave owner. My great-great grandfather was an elected Democratic tax collecter in Dent County, Mo. Last, but probably not least, we both support the enforcement of our immigration laws, stengthening border security, and despise the thought of illegal alien amnesty!

I'm a life-long Republican, as was my father. However, I'm not without Democrat ties in my ancestory. Regardless of my political affiliation, I've never considered ALIPAC to be a right-wing organization. Actually, I've never given it a lot of thought one way or the other because the thing that ties us together is not our political affiliation, but our strong affinity for the 'rule of law' and a deep-seated concern for the future of our country!

I know we have some first generation Americans as members of ALIPAC, and that's great because they're just as American as those of us whom have had ancestors here for over 300 years (to include native Americans). Political affiliation, country of origin, ancestory, and time here isn't important - what is important is the fact that we're all here legally!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Judy wrote:

I too support gay marriage and a woman's right to choose. I support legalizing and regulating all drugs, except for sales to minors of course and foreign drug imports, as most know from the blogging here.
    I do not support gay marriage or abortion, except in cases of rape, incest, and/or jeopardy of life. Nor do I support the legalization of illegal drugs.

While we may differ on some issues, we do have many things in common, Judy. My great-great-great-great-great grandfather fought in the Revolutionary War and was at the battle of Yorktown. My great-great-great grandfather died in the Civil War fighting for states' rights, however, he was not a slave owner. My great-great grandfather was an elected Democratic tax collecter in Dent County, Mo. Last, but probably not least, we both support the enforcement of our immigration laws, stengthening border security, and despise the thought of illegal alien amnesty!

I'm a life-long Republican, as was my father. However, I'm not without Democrat ties in my ancestory. Regardless of my political affiliation, I've never considered ALIPAC to be a right-wing organization. Actually, I've never given it a lot of thought one way or the other because the thing that ties us together is not our political affiliation, but our strong affinity for the 'rule of law' and a deep-seated concern for the future of our country!

I know we have some first generation Americans as members of ALIPAC, and that's great because they're just as American as those of us whom have had ancestors here for over 300 years (to include native Americans). Political affiliation, country of origin, ancestory, and time here isn't important - what is important is the fact that we're all here legally!
    We do have a lot of history in common, MW, even though we have different opinions on a lot of issues. And don't forget, I support the FairTax, and you don't! Now, I know why! You're from a line of Democratic tax collectors! But don't worry, I'm an Ordained FairTax Missionary and I'll never quit on you. One day, I'll find the feature of the FairTax that hits your button and then you'll see how much you should have loved it all along!

Yes, I totally agree that it doesn't matter how many generations of American a person is from, we're all Americans from the 1st to the 13th or however many there are now. I read somewhere that we're into our 13t now. What matters is that we all stand together united, not divided, on a few things, chief among them, demanding an end to illegal immigration and no compromise enforcement of US immigration law.

I despise the politicians who have put US in this position, but there is no other option, it must be done, done well, and done swiftly, because uur country is collapsing under the weigh of it which will soon mean that everything our ancestors fought for will have been for naught and THAT is just not an option.

Keep up the good work, MW.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123