Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Romney earned a JD/MBA from Harvard and has years of successful private sector experience (something that not all of the candidates have).

He knows Michigan, and he knows the economy.

Populist...Romney's credentials are impeccable; but he has always been linked with Big Business and Corporations. I support him wholeheartedly, but I just want to see if he can separate himself from big business and connect the dots between IA's and the demise of America's manufacturing industry. I'm putting my faith in him to get to the core of the problem...cheap labor.
    I would think that having run a successful buisness would be a plus . Lately
    all we have had in the Whitehouse has been politicians , Now I know at one time Bush was in buisness also but my understanding is that he wasn't very good at it ,

After adding up all the columns on Romney , I'm happy with the plus column,

We can do a lot worse than Romney , we all know that

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Romney earned a JD/MBA from Harvard and has years of successful private sector experience (something that not all of the candidates have).

He knows Michigan, and he knows the economy.

Populist...Romney's credentials are impeccable; but he has always been linked with Big Business and Corporations. I support him wholeheartedly, but I just want to see if he can separate himself from big business and connect the dots between IA's and the demise of America's manufacturing industry. I'm putting my faith in him to get to the core of the problem...cheap labor.
    To me, his business background is a PLUS!!! NOBODY has found any type of corruption or immoral activities connected to Romney. Also, if he ever did anything questionable to US workers----this would have DEFINITELY been brought up over the last few weeks-----due to Michigan and the fact that he is saying that he will save the jobs and economy in Michigan!!!

His brilliant business mind, might help to save our economy!!

And, making sure that illegals cannot take the jobs that belong to US citizens and lower wages-----will DEFINITELY help as well!!!

I heard on Fox today----when Romney took office in Massachusetts, he inherited a $2 billion deficit. He turned that into a $2 billion surplus----WITHOUT raising taxes!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Isn't Romney a member of the CFR? If he is then I doubt he will keep his word regarding illegal immigration once he takes office. The CFR's purpose is to join MEXICO, Canada and The United states! Those people want the illegals here. They want to have a super highway all the way across each country. They don't want BORDERS!!!!! This is really scarey! Ron Paul for President! The only canidate not being paid off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    Isn't Romney a member of the CFR? If he is then I doubt he will keep his word regarding illegal immigration once he takes office. The CFR's purpose is to join MEXICO, Canada and The United states! Those people want the illegals here. They want to have a super highway all the way across each country. They don't want BORDERS!!!!! This is really scarey! Ron Paul for President! The only canidate not being paid off!!!
    Romney is not on the CFR member list.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Here are videos from Michigan:

They don't talk about illegals though!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znErbj2V2EQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FLiA2Vb05U
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

I went over to the CFR website where they have all the candidates and their issues and I came up with the following gem from Romney's speech in Miami last March 9, 2007. You've gotta read this!!

"As Governor, I saw the power of fiscal conservatism. The state budget was $3 billion short. Liberals wanted to raise taxes, but I cut government instead. I eliminated and combined duplicate agencies and wasteful programs, and I balanced the budget four years in a row. One commentator said that I didn't just go after the sacred cows, I went after the whole herd. And after four years as governor, I'm proud to report that Massachusetts has fewer state workers than when I took office.

(NOTE: This is probably what Hickabilly is referring to in his ad about the President being someone you worked with, not someone who fired you! Go Mitt Go! We need to get rid of government excess!!)

"Spending isn't the only target of Republican conservatism. I went after taxes as well. We killed a $250 million capital gains tax increase. We made the investment tax credit permanent.

We passed sales tax holidays. (GOODIE! I'm ready for another Holiday)

We gave real estate tax breaks to seniors. You guys are lucky. You don't have an income tax.

That's why in each of my last three years, I submitted a budget that cut the income tax. (Knock me over with a feather! We need him in Mexifornia!!)

"It's time to bring that same kind of Republican economic conservatism to Washington, DC as well.

"We've seen an embarrassing spike in federal spending, even as Republicans held the majority in both houses. As you know, I'm proud to be the first Presidential candidate to sign a pledge not to raise taxes. But I have another pledge. If I am elected President, I will cap non-defense discretionary spending at inflation minus one percent. That alone will save $300 billion over 10 years. If Congress sends me a budget that exceeds the cap, I will veto that budget. I don't care if it's a Republican or Democrat Congress, I will veto that budget.

"And one more thing, I will personally lead a top to bottom review of government programs, agencies, procurement and spending.

It's time to cut out the mountains of waste and inefficiency and duplication in the federal government.

I've done that in business, I've done that in the Olympics, and I've done that in Massachusetts. And boy, I can't wait to get my hands on Washington.

"Democrats in Washington are itching to raise your taxes – 2011 is set to be a record breaking tax hike. Not if I'm President. I'll fight to stop the tax hike.

And I'll fight for a new savings plan for middle class Americans as well – one that will grow the economy and help families at the same time.

Under my plan, middle-class Americans will be able to earn thousands of dollars in dividends, interest and capital gains entirely tax-free. (Yippee!!)

"It's high time to take government apart and put it back together, but this time we will make it simpler, smarter and smaller.

http://www.cfr.org/bios/13226/mitt_romney.html#2

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    He is/was an associate member. It is common practice for the CFR to remove names (if desired) of candidates from the list. Remember Dick Cheney was NOT on the lists.. but it is know he is/was a director.
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    He is/was an associate member. It is common practice for the CFR to remove names (if desired) of candidates from the list. Remember Dick Cheney was NOT on the lists.. but it is know he is/was a director.
    He has been noted as giving speeches in rooms where CFR members have been, but that is not usual, have you ever seen the size of the list, it would be hard to give a speech anywhere with out a CFR member there and that includes our congress, supreme court etc.

I am for Ron Paul at the moment but you can not state something unless you have a crediable source to prove it...Do you?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    He has been noted as giving speeches in rooms where CFR members have been, but that is not usual, have you ever seen the size of the list, it would be hard to give a speech anywhere with out a CFR member there and that includes our congress, supreme court etc.

I am for Ron Paul, but you can not state something unless you have a crediable source to back it up...Do you have one? The only source I have says he is not.

My List is 2006 have been looking for a 2007 do you have one or know where to find one?

Banned
    Romney will have a rep at the Nevada caucus on Saturday
    that I will be attending and I will try to settle this question
    once and for all

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast