Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Romney leading in latest poll

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/M ... 13_081.htm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact:
    Steve Mitchell
    248-891-2414
    Paul Welday
    248-320-0035
    Date: Sunday, January 13, 2008
    Romney Takes 2% Lead Over McCain
    Huckabee Distant Third

Romney 29%, McCain 27%, Huckabee 12%

LANSING, Mich. — Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has taken a 2% lead over U.S. Sen. John McCain according to results of a tracking poll conducted Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Romney leads with 29% to McCain’s 27% with Mike Huckabee at 12%. Rudy Giuliani and Ron Paul are getting 7%, Fred Thompson 4%, and Duncan Hunter 2%, among likely voters in the Michigan Republican Presidential Primary Election. Six percent say they will vote “uncommittedâ€

To the moderators, sorry I accidentally posted this in the general discussion form.

This article should have gone in the news forum.

Lets hope this keeps up...and I love seeing McCain going down hill.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I'm glad---but are we going to have at least a few new polls every day up until the Election?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough and Pat Buchanan were talking awhile ago about the arrogance of the media in claiming Romney is "done" if he doesn't win Michigan. They both believe the race is still "wide open", and that Romney can continue on collecting votes and delegates. Scarborough made some comment about people believing he supports Romney, and although he denied that, he is certainly defending his candidacy. I think he's a Romney fan.

Banned
    Unless we get Romney we won't have a seat at the table ,

You can believe that if Rudi , Huck or McC get the nom , illegal immigration will not be an issue in the general election

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Unless we get Romney we won't have a seat at the table ,

You can believe that if Rudi , Huck or McC get the nom , illegal immigration will not be an issue in the general election
    You're right, and this is primarily what's driving my support for Romney.

Pat Buchanan mentioned several times that McCain doesn't resonate with the majority of Republicans. He brought up the illegal immigration issue saying McCain wants taxpayers to foot the bill for millions in benefits for illegals.

Listening to them, I started pondering the possibility of a Republican party revolt if McCain is surging toward the nomination. I think Huckabee is starting his downhill slide, although I still do what I can to dissuade people from supporting him. We probably can't crack his evangelical base, but I think he already has a built in disadvantage outside of that.

Banned
    Last night even Shaun Hannity seemed to be on our side
    regarding McCain , He said McC is not acceptable to most
    conservatives primarily for his support of Amnesty

He said he likes McCain personally but doesn't think he is going
    to get the nom

More and more Hannity is seeming to like Romney and stood up
    to one of the guests saying that its nuts for them to keep saying Romney is out of it because he is the current delegate leader.

Go Mitt , go Shaun , lol

Mark Levin also criticized McCain last night, saying he's not a conservative (listen to his interview with DeMint). He also said for Michigan at least, the race is between McCain and Romney, so he urged voters to vote for Romney. We'll see if this helps. The polls are about even at this point.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    New poll just posted on Fox

Romney at 29%

McCain at 26%

they have been neck and neck all week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast