Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

He needs more valiums!!!
    Bwahahaha!!

Yep, good ole Rush forgot to just say no. Especially on that hillbilly heroin Oxycontin, which if abused happens to cause hearing loss. Gee, wonder why he lost his hearing?

I still have a $50 bet I'll probably never be able to collect on since he settled the case without trial. I bet NOT one physician EVER prescribed Oxycontin to him--that's a drug reserved for end-of-life cancer and other excruciatingly painful conditions that morphine isn't even able to alleviate.

I quit listening to him when he continually bellowed there was no such thing as the right to privacy in the Constitution--that is, until law enforcement wanted to subpoena HIS medical records. All of a sudden, he started screaming what an outrage that was--it violated his RIGHT TO PRIVACY!!

Sheesh!

BitsyD
    You are wrong about oxycontin being reserved for terminally ill pts only! It has been used many. many times for all kinds of pain relief, esp. with back pain and back surgery pts. It's use is not as liberal as it once was due to its high dependency record. Hundreds if not thousands of pts were hooked on this drug, it is extremely hard to rid yourself of this dependency to this drug.I worked in a mental health facility for over a year, most of our pts were drugies,probably over a third were addicted to oxycontin, who became addicted, after their doctors prescribed this drub for a number of pain ailments, none were diagnosed with cancer! I am not taking the side of Rush, here, just want everyone to be aware of how powerful this drug is and how easily anyone can become addicted to it. These pts were repeat, revolving door kind of clients, and would have done anything they had to do to get more of this drug.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Rush has a few YouTube Videos. They are pretty funny.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You are wrong about oxycontin being reserved for terminally ill pts only! It has been used many. many times for all kinds of pain relief, esp. with back pain and back surgery pts.
    Oh, I'm sure some people can find unscrupulous doctors willing to prescribe just about anything. But Rush had already been through detox twice for Lorcet, Oxycontin, and hydrocodone addiction. I don't know about you, but it's a bit of a stretch for me to believe that he was prescribed Oxycontin following two stints in rehab. It's possible, surely, but if it occurred (I doubt it), doesn't he have a public obligation to name the physician(s)?

For public safety reasons alone, one would think he wouldn't want physician(s) running around prescribing Schedule ll controlled substances to already-established addicts. So why won't he name him/her/them so that they are investigated and society is protected? If he's telling the truth, of course...

Hundreds if not thousands of pts were hooked on this drug, it is extremely hard to rid yourself of this dependency to this drug.I worked in a mental health facility for over a year, most of our pts were drugies,probably over a third were addicted to oxycontin, who became addicted, after their doctors prescribed this drub for a number of pain ailments, none were diagnosed with cancer!
    Well, I work at Parkland in Dallas and my experience (anecdotal, admittedly) is that while some drugs ARE prescribed initially, most who become addicted pursue it on the streets the same as crack or heroin addicts. (Enter his housekeeper--she wasn't toting scripts to pharmacists to feed his addiction, 'fer sure).

I am not taking the side of Rush, here, just want everyone to be aware of how powerful this drug is and how easily anyone can become addicted to it. These pts were repeat, revolving door kind of clients, and would have done anything they had to do to get more of this drug.
    Same with ice, crack, and heroin addicts. The only difference is most of them end up in jail.

So when he stated:

October 5, 1995:

"There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up."

and in 1998:

"What is missing in the drug fight is legalization. If we want to go after drugs with the same fervor and intensity with which we go after cigarettes, let's legalize drugs. Legalize the manufacture of drugs. License the Cali cartel. Make them taxpayers, and then sue them. Sue them left and right, and then get control of the price, and generate tax revenue from it. Raise the price sky high, and fund all sorts of other wonderful social programs."

He criticized others for being addicts and illegally obtaining drugs. I'm criticizing him for not practicing what he preached. I'm pointing out that he advocated harsh treatment for drug law violators. Now he's one of them. There ain't no way to get that many pills legally. He could release those portions of his medical records proving me wrong. Or more importantly, he could expose unscrupulous physicians who should be investigated. But he refuses. Wonder why? Could it be he was never prescribed Oxycontin?

Instead of coming clean he hides behind the right to privacy (which never existed until HE needed it), and the ACLU (an organization he lambasted until HE needed it), which makes him just about the rankest hypocrite I can think of.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123