Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Syanis wrote,
    So denying citizenship to those with citizenship of another country of course would never fly. We'd all be seen as racists who hate any immigrant because we refuse them any way to get status.
    So your wife gets citizenship yet cannot hold public office. Then your children could provide they were born here? They would be more apt to consider this as home having known no other. Public office would be reserved for second generation only. Can not imagine many having a problem with that. And it would be the few who wish to do harm that we would be trying to prevent from wrecking havoc on the system.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Syanis wrote,
    So denying citizenship to those with citizenship of another country of course would never fly. We'd all be seen as racists who hate any immigrant because we refuse them any way to get status.
    So your wife gets citizenship yet cannot hold public office. Then your children could provide they were born here? They would be more apt to consider this as home having known no other. Public office would be reserved for second generation only. Can not imagine many having a problem with that. And it would be the few who wish to do harm that we would be trying to prevent from wrecking havoc on the system.
    I could go with that easily that 2nd generation only qualify for public office. That seems very fair to me and makes perfect sense.

But regarding duel citizeship for regular citizens I think one should have only one citizenship as you can't explit your loyalities. However there is simply no way to do this unless every other country wanted to agree to prosecute it as so. Simply the US cannot force another country to disregard a citizen of that country who immigrates to never reclaim that citizenship. Other countries don't care, that person comes back they likely bring wealth.

Deny citizenship to any immigrant from a nation that refuses to cooperate.
    They could be allowed permanent resident status but never citizenship.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    That sounds like another "piece meal" amnesty, or something the Pro's would try and make into an amnesty by claiming that it was "unconstitutional".
    Then they'd find a loophole and drag it on until you and I were 6 ft under.

I prefer something that indicates "the beginning of the end" of illegal immigration, "period".
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    That sounds like another "piece meal" amnesty, or something the Pro's would try and make into an amnesty by claiming that it was "unconstitutional".
    Then they'd find a loophole and drag it on until you and I were 6 ft under.

I prefer something that indicates "the beginning of the end" of illegal immigration, "period".
    My statement here was only for legal immigrants.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Ratbstard wrote:
    My statement here was only for legal immigrants.
    Then, I stand corrected.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by thedramaofmylife
    Russell doesn't mess around, he's serious. I've sent him e-mail encouraging him to run for president in 2012.
    http://www.russellpearce.com
    I had not heard about Sen. Pearce, but I checked out his website. Just for the record, he is a STATE Senator, not in Congress. But I'd sure love to see him in Congress--it would really help to have more like him especially in the US Senate fighting Harry Reid!!!!

"Don't let none of have nothing, NO VACANCY!"

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345