Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

That same ol' sense of entitlement

We have discussed this subject before, but I have one more story to add.

We live within a complex, and we rent one of the duplexes. Of course the duplexes are highly coveted, mainly by the illegals as it has a yard, garage and washer dryer hook-up (however, the living area, bathroom and bedrooms are a bit smaller than the apartments). A good portion of these people, mainly our next door neighbors have been trying to frustrate us into moving out (they want the unit for the daughter and her boyfriend with their child, we were told this by the former maintenance man and another kids here).

The front yard is ours as well, and is nice sized. Near the driveway in said front yard, where we park, has been a swamp/mudhole since we moved in (there is a natural spring in this area so there is a high water table here). This mudhole has been made worse by the neighbors (from before we had a car to park there and when we are gone this happens) they will pull into the mudhole and spin out while turning around in the limited driveway space, plus spin out in the mud, flinging mud into the driveway and onto the garage door.

So, a bit ago I bought the least expensive materials possible (plus those green metal fencing posts you just sink in) to make fence panels to eliminate the turn around problem. No more turning around in our yard, and no more actual vehicles can pull into our yard as they used to (yep you got it, they would use our yard to turn around, they would get extremely close to our front window to do it).

We also fixed the drainage problem and filled in the new drain area with soil and planted grass seed (the patch kind made with green colored paper pulp). The landlord saw the whole deal and was tickled pink about it all. Well, I should add, that our backyard was also a problem, their little dogs, and kids, we would find sitting in our backyard all the time, or using it for a toilet, so ,my son who had received a lot of good wood free, made a 6&1/2 foot fence that encompasses our portion of the side and closed off the back from intruders (plus a gate with a lock).

Ok, this explained, I will now explain how the entitlement applies to it all.

The people who regularly used our yard and the mudhole to turn around in are ticked beyond belief, the guy next door (who wants our place) is livid. He glares st us when we are out and while my son was in the front pounding the fence stakes in, he glared at him and flipped him off (this is a man in his 20's, to a 14 year old who has done NOTHING to him). Then there are this guys family and friends who regularly used the yard as well, they glare and say "pendejo" to us.

As well yesterday, one older guy, probably about 18, and some other older kids/teens, were making sure they kept kicking the soccer ball from across the way into the yard, and have to come into the yard to get it, caught a teen girl walking her little dog to do his business on the side of our place and one kid leaned in to a tiny one, who then came over and started kicking the grass patch stuff all around from where we spread it (this was all in the same hour).

This is far from a personal rant, this is a story about their sense of entitlement, not only expecting that we should bend over and allow them to do as they pleased all along with our yard (that we pay for and keep up), but that their expectation that we have no right to disallow them access to what we pay for and is ours.

Thus is the mentallity of the illegal aliens. This I believe, no I KNOW is across the board. This is but just one example, witnessed by an American, and I am sure many more across this country, of that same attitude and sense of entitlement.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Set up a video camera by one of your windows to videotape their acts of vandalism and harassment. You can also do this going from room to room in your house and tape them. Don't not get into a confrontation with them for any reason.

DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT.

Shouldn't take long at the rate their going. Make copies of the tape and turn one in to the police and press charges/get restraining order. It may help if you bring an attorney along with you. You might also want to show the landlord the tape. Continue to videotape them after they receive notice of the charges. If things escalate, might not be a bad idea to send copies of the tapes to the media and post on Youtube.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

My sympathies AE--it sounds like you are dealing with some tough problems. As a renter YOU are ENTITLED to "quiet enjoyment" of your home. As much as you need to stay on good terms with your landlord (because he can move you out with no cause upon thirty days notice) perhaps you should also explain to him that other tenants of his are bringing pressure upon you. I am not sure how the courts look at this type of interfernce---but in cases where there is obvious excessive noise or disturbances you do have rights.

I often get college students renting my upstairs apartment and I need to make sure that they don't disturb my own neighbors with excessive drinking or partying. Record everything--at least in a journal with accurate times and dates, and phtos if you can. I use the disposable cameras from the drugstore for $6.99. Just continue to stay on the good side of your landlord.

There is also, in Oregon, the theory of "perceived value" when you rent a place. If something happens that destroys the liveability significantly you are suffering a loss. Again the financial remedies, if any, will be very restricted by law. And your landlord still would have discretion as to whether he would tolerate your complaining, unless you could prove retaliation. There are service which have legal forms and some advice for both landlords and tenants. I use an organization call MultiFamily Housing Council.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Look at the license plates of the vehicles to see if the registration is current. If the vehicles registration is out of date take a photo of the car and plate and file a complaint. I bet that if they are IA's they wont have current registration.

AE

I am looking into a small video camera to set up in our front room window discreetly. I plan to go to Best Buy when we get our stimulus check, it will be our one major purchase.

Ron, I think this landlord is pretty receptive to us and any concerns we bring up to him. He saw both fences and had absolutely no problem with either. Ours is the ONLY front yard area that does not look like a filthy garbage dump (he was here just the other day and was obviously getting frustrated looking at the yards, plus shaking his head at the "pet" chicken running around squaking).

I know that we would have a case if they continue, but believe this landlord would likely kick them out if it escalates. With hand gestures and words, I feel there is little even our police can do, but when it comes to stuff such as outright vandalism (I kept the receipt from the front fence materials), that will be worth documenting.

I caught the girl walking the little dog back, I asked her not to be back there again with the dog. She looked startled that I caught her, and after that, they all suddenly left the area. I personally think they would prefer that we not actually confront them and when we do, they have backed off quite quickly.

BTW, the one thing I left out was this. The back fence borders the next duplexes side, and this guy next door will randomly wander around to the back, the other day we noticed where the fence meets the back fence, a gap, there were cigarette butts sitting right where one could "peek" in. I thought to myself that a fence is just too much for them, they cannot stand to not know what is going on, and/or to be fenced out of something !
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

AE: Good luck, it sounds like you've got your hands full. You're handling things about as well as anyone would though - so you have my admiration on that for sure. Stay buddies with the landlord/maintenance people most definitely.

Re:
    ...he was here just the other day and was obviously getting frustrated looking at the yards, plus shaking his head at the "pet" chicken running around squaking).
    Ding, ding, ding! - Code violation!!!
    Document it. Get a photo or two.

BTW, the one thing I left out was this. The back fence borders the next duplexes side, and this guy next door will randomly wander around to the back, the other day we noticed where the fence meets the back fence, a gap, there were cigarette butts sitting right where one could "peek" in. I thought to myself that a fence is just too much for them, they cannot stand to not know what is going on, and/or to be fenced out of something
    "Fences make good neighbors?!?!?!"

Thus is the mentallity of the illegal aliens. This I believe, no I KNOW is across the board. This is but just one example, witnessed by an American, and I am sure many more across this country, of that same attitude and sense of entitlement.
    This is the mentality I have seen and experienced across the country as well. They make life so intolerable you can't live in your own home or use your yard in peace. They started with the rental properties and then went to home owners. I know in the neighborhood I was in....we didn't have the money for video cameras and such and they didn't have the disposable ones invented yet. Call the police and they never did anything.....and you'd find a cinder block through the windshield of your car. They constantly stole oranges and lemons from the neighbors....usually to pelt them with. Pick their flowers, take their lawn chairs, lawn ornaments, kids toys....etc. God forbid you forgot to lock everything up for a quick run to the store because you'd never see it again. Heck it got to where they used the road to play in and would block traffic and flip you off if you messed up their game as if you didn't have the right to drive down a public road. I'm not talking a quiet off street.....a main road.

There are subdivisions here where people have had to line the front yard with huge boulders to keep people from destroying their yard. People have started gating their driveways because as long as you leave an access, your garage is hit next. Not at the street but up your driveway some because of some codes you can't fence your front yard. One guy tried a hedge and they made him tear it out. I don't know if your property is free game except for the inside of your house in Mexico or what the deal is.....but it happens all over and it's nothing I've ever experienced before now.

You're all just over-reacting, as usual...

Yes, you're all obviously racists, as you seem to believe you somehow have a right to have your property to yourselves, without dogs crapping in your yard or people peeing on your lawn - not to mention having mud splattered all over the place. How dare you!

Can't you understand that we must be tolerant and inclusive, regardless of how egregious the behavior of the perpetrators of these acts? Just because these people have likely violated our Federal laws by jumping our borders, carrying false ID and lying to the State for food-stamp benefits doesn't give you the right to speak ill of them or do anything to inhibit THEIR enjoyment of YOUR property!

After all, WE are only citizens of this Nation. THEY are the Chosen Ones, remember?

Deport 'em all. Let Mexico sort 'em out!
    <div>Damnant quod non intelligunt.

20 Milllion Illegals Deported: <u>PRICELESS.</u>
    </div>

Re: You're all just over-reacting, as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by RocketmanVT
    Yes, you're all obviously racists, as you seem to believe you somehow have a right to have your property to yourselves, without dogs crapping in your yard or people peeing on your lawn - not to mention having mud splattered all over the place. How dare you!

Can't you understand that we must be tolerant and inclusive, regardless of how egregious the behavior of the perpetrators of these acts? Just because these people have likely violated our Federal laws by jumping our borders, carrying false ID and lying to the State for food-stamp benefits doesn't give you the right to speak ill of them or do anything to inhibit THEIR enjoyment of YOUR property!

After all, WE are only citizens of this Nation. THEY are the Chosen Ones, remember?

Deport 'em all. Let Mexico sort 'em out!

Now Now RocketmanVT are you being facetious? ROFLMBO

Welcome to Alipac

AE

Welcome RocketmanVT!! Thanks for that "enlightened" idea of how bad we Americans are .

Crazybird, I had that boulder idea this last weekend when we were rockhunting for Biggs Jasper (fyi for the rock hounds among us...) in Eastern Oregon. The jasper is found in a rock quarry that blasts for columnar basalt to use for road building and repair rubble. These basalt giants were all around us, and of course they are really great as they are perfect hexagon shapes, and make nice landscape decor.

We joked that we should have about 10 six foot ones hauled to our place and then put them in the front yard (go ahead try turning your car around in our front yard now!!!). That would surely cause a stir, but then....all the kids would want to climb on them and we'd never have any peace.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast