Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

Well here is another interesting addition to this living situation.

Where we are is situated near a small strip of wodded area, then a highway (Hwy. 26), the end of it in town. Late last night, we heard three police car siren "whoops", which I think they use to simlpy get by really fast in order to get to an emergency. About a minute after that, the guy next door (now mind you all, I am extreme night owl, it was midnight and these people are NEVER out and about at this time) got into his little car and took off rather quick.

Another minute went by and from that units side, I saw a shadow of a man passing thru our yard towards our new 6&1/2 foor fence, then another shadow, slowed, it was police, and he stopped with his flashlight and looked in, then said "(town name)Police" and took off after the other officer quickly (ok, I was extremely startled).

My husband, woke up after I crawled in bed (he had actually been asleep on the couch all the while). I told him what had happened and we deducted that whomever they were looking for knew how to navigate thru those woods, where there is a hole in the fence (BTW that hole/gap goes right into the neighbors frontyard) knew how to make their way thru these backyards.

Do not know if they caught the person, but after things quieted down, the next door neighbor pulled up, got out and trotted to their front door, door slammed (this is the neighbors who are ticked about the front fence, and as well have had one teen be brought home by "gang enforcement" and some shady people hanging around, as well as police pounding on their door at wee hours of the morning).

My husband said he was assuredly going to mention, just chit-chat, to the landlord about all the "excitement" and the police presence with certain neighbors. This landlord did say he was trying to get out all people who "did not belong here" (that would be all of them, they are pretty much all illegal).

SicNTiredInSoCal, I would love to move, it is just getting so expensive to move anywhere else, and just to leave town is out of the question (daughter and grandson live nearby, and I care for him while she is in college, widowed mother lives about 10 miles away). Maybe one day we can move out of town .
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

SicNTiredInSoCal, I would love to move, it is just getting so expensive to move anywhere else, and just to leave town is out of the question (daughter and grandson live nearby, and I care for him while she is in college, widowed mother lives about 10 miles away). Maybe one day we can move out of town .
    AE, I know its not as easy all that. It just pains me to hear about things like this. Worries me for your safety and well being. If you even get half a chance to make a move-I'd jump on it tho....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

I have hope, it would seem that with the apparent step-up on raids by ICE, of employers with no match employees, I am thinking we may lose a lot of our neighbors soon (one can only hope).

My only concern is this. The duplex we live in, within the apartment complex, is about the nicest unit here, the apartments, are a massive, roach infested disaster area, even the newest landlord said so himself. The people totally trash them. Illegal aliens are about the only ones who would take one of those units up there, if they leave and no illegals take their place, then who else will? My main concern is then meth heads. So, either way it is not good.

I am hopeful that if he (the landlord) loses a lot at once, he will take that opportunity to do some overhauling and start being able to rent to better tenants (one can only wish). I will have to take some pictures of the vast difference between our outside yard area, and that of our neighbors. I once tried this with Photo Bucket and for some rason it just did not work. Maybe my daughters boyfriend can help (kind of a techno geek guy ).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

AE, I feel sooooooooo bad for you! Your stories are so scary. I can't even imagine living like that on a daily basis with the Neighbors From Hell....or Mexcio, same difference. LOL!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

AE

Actually OC, compared ot living in the area of our town called "Rockwood", this is tame. About 15 years ago, we lived in that area and within the first year we lived there, someone tried to break in. I was home in the AM with my oldest daughter and niece (10 & eight), late summer, my husband was at work. It was about 7:50 am and I heard what sounded like someone hammering in the adjoining plex. I knew we had the maintenance guy coming by to do some painting, but when I went downstairs, I saw a hole in our wall, with a hand coming through it, and heard two guys talking.

Mistake they made was they knocked down my only lamp, which was crystal, and this just enraged me (I did think it was the maintenance guy) so I proceeded to start yelling, and then heard "oh, S%%&!!". I realized it was not who I thought it was. I grabbed the phone, dialed 911, and proceeded to run to the back and yell at them while they ran out the neighbors back door, I then ran to the frontroom, opened the door and yelled again (police caught and as usual, somehow the guys got out of it). We also got broke into two more times, the second, we were all asleep and they came in and took all sorts of stuff while we slept (including my original wedding set, the third time, I was awake and stopped the guy while he was trying to climb through our kitchen window.

This is just the tip of the iceberg in that area, it is now so infested with illegals, drug selling, meth heads and gangs. We have not lived there for about 8 years now.

MY 6 foot tall 14 year old son said these kids here are afraid of me, and he said he is too .... (gotta keep them on their toes)

Man, I feel for you. To have to live right door to people like this would be intolerable for me.

Yes, you want to enjoy your life and children, but you also can take a short and intense time to document what is going on, pinpoint the problem, and turn these suckers in to whomever can get them evicted for what they're doing. You can do it and make life more livable for your own family.

Sounds worse than a sense of entitlement ...sounds like plain old imtimidation and vandalism to me. Just a bunch of criminals. Nice how they teach their kids to be this way.

What a future we all face if we allow these scum to remain in our country.

You may want to get some cameras for the viewing the exterior of your house. They can be set to sensor.

http://www.x10.com/products/xrayvision.htm

http://www.x10.com/activehomepro/activehome-pro.html

Might be worth the peace of mind and being able to monitor these people for your landlord and ICE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE, I wish you the best of luck. I feel for you and fear for your safety. This is REALLY concerning and is likely taking YEARS off you and your husband's life. No one should have to live like this!

I agree with the previous post-it would be intolerable to me. I'd have lost it by now....

AE

We have sort of lost it at times. I am not easily intimidated, and my husband as well. He has had his forefinger in the previous maintenance guys chest for harasing our son, and I have had my moments.

The guy next door will mainly pull his nastiness when he thinks either me or my husband are not within viewing distance, I don't think he has the guts to act this way when we are.

I believe a lot of what they are doing is just gutless attempts to be jerks, and when confronted, they back down very fast (we have witnessed it).

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    We have sort of lost it at times. I am not easily intimidated, and my husband as well. He has had his forefinger in the previous maintenance guys chest for harasing our son, and I have had my moments.

The guy next door will mainly pull his nastiness when he thinks either me or my husband are not within viewing distance, I don't think he has the guts to act this way when we are.

I believe a lot of what they are doing is just gutless attempts to be jerks, and when confronted, they back down very fast (we have witnessed it).
    Thats how they usually are, unless they are in a gang, then they'll jump a single guy and get all puffed up and proud of themselves about it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast