Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Years ago in San Diego the schools were going to let the Hispanic school kids out on the cinco de mayo but it caused such a fuss they dropped it.
    If they would have done that I was going to keep my daughter home.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Having your kids in public schools certainly will test all your
    ideals (if you have them) about public education.

At our elementary school we celebrate Winter Festivus (or
    some stupid name), but the kids do learn about other
    religious & quasi-religious holidays, except Christianity.
    Any rational person has no problem with learning
    about all religions, at least from an academic standpoint.
    I began to question the whole thing when it was seen
    as offensive to learn about Christianity in a country
    where everyone is on vacation Dec 25th!

I've let my school board member know I'm voting
    down the bond next week because I disagree with
    them on this & several other issues & let her know
    which one. If I cannot trust their judgement on these
    issues, how can I trust them with 1 billion more dollars.
    But the Wake County Public School System is really
    hopeless & we hear it's the best in NC. I don't think
    it can be fixed until there is some choice by people
    who don't have the resources for private school.

the big stink about it is..we allow it to happen...

Banned
    Religious holidays are verboten in public schools, unless of course they happen to be Muslim or Hispanic. Outrage should not be directed at this blatant promotion of multiculturalism (with the emphasis on "cult") as much as it should be directed at the grotesque double standard that is applied to specifically Christian observations versus pagan and non-Christian religious teachings.

This could be STOPPED very quickly by all offended parents keeping their children home from school on the days that these instructions are taught.

It's very simple and I've done it years past. No one could FORCE me
    to make my children attend if I believed that the lessons were contrary
    to the proper use of Public education, my religion or the Constitution. They tried thru intimidation but never succeeded and finally had to submit to my demands!

The more parents, the faster the school board will HAVE TO LISTEN and act. It's like a snowball going down the hill........gains momentum when one courageous parent stands up to be heard. Many are afraid that they're alone and will join you once it gets going.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There is some controversy in Austin now about chained dogs. I consider chaining dogs obscene. Some people have taken exception saying it is cultural,which in their opinion must make it alright. Some one wrote a letter to the editor saying that if this is the logic where will they put the bull-ring. Aint it the truth!!!

You can sue the school under the guise of seperation of church and state. They would all be crying foul if you brought a bible to school, but anything else is fair game. BS! Start up the lawsuits.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I thank God my kid is not in public school. His school is very secular, which is okay. I can teach him our faith outside of school. There were no Diaz de whatever activities in his school. Most of the kids he goes to school with are Asian or Indian. They did a multi-cultural week last year. We happened to be out of town.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I'm sorry, but I want our schools to go back to the traditional way, like all of us grew up with. Christmas parties, Christmas programs, Halloween parties, Valentines parties. Kids need to see the joy in being alive and enjoy the magic of just being a kid, they do not allow them that anymore.

I have many friends who believe the same as I do, they are Independent Fundamental Baptists, but they do not have anything to do with Halloween, or having a Christmas tree, and believing in Santa, they feel it is linked to paganism. However, I decided that I was going to let my kids enjoy the magic of being kids, unitl they knew better.

Life is so short, our children deserve wonderful childhoods, not ones marred by stupid politically correct ways and as Crocket pointed out, multi-cult-uralism.

I know I did a good job of letting my kids enjoy their youth, my 23 year old believed in Santa till she was 11, my 9 year old still does, and the thirteen year old wants to.

Our public schools need to take their cues from kids, life can be sweet, if you have the faith and outlook of a kid. They need to stop being such scrooges about celebrating.

As for the day of the dead, hah! We have seen it here. Yesterday insurance people were canvassing the complex, and it made one too many illegals nervous, a couple of guys took off out of one unit with duffle bags, some drove out. So far we have not seen them back, and many cars are gone today!!!!!!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The schools around here let the kids have a good time..we are buying cookies, cakes, and candy all the time for their parties..but tnen again we run this city. not the schools..nor the city hall,,somethings are bad,,but we will stop that soon..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast