Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Religious holidays are verboten in public schools, unless of course they happen to be Muslim or Hispanic. Outrage should not be directed at this blatant promotion of multiculturalism (with the emphasis on "cult") as much as it should be directed at the grotesque double standard that is applied to specifically Christian observations versus pagan and non-Christian religious teachings.
    Absolutely. You hit it right on.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Quote Originally Posted by anniealone
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Religious holidays are verboten in public schools, unless of course they happen to be Muslim or Hispanic. Outrage should not be directed at this blatant promotion of multiculturalism (with the emphasis on "cult") as much as it should be directed at the grotesque double standard that is applied to specifically Christian observations versus pagan and non-Christian religious teachings.
    Absolutely. You hit it right on.
    not to make anyone mad,,but why don't the parents get together and go the schools and get in their faces about this..???if we don't. nobody else will..

I agree AmericanElizabeth,

I'm sorry, but I want our schools to go back to the traditional way, like all of us grew up with. Christmas parties, Christmas programs, Halloween parties, Valentines parties. Kids need to see the joy in being alive and enjoy the magic of just being a kid, they do not allow them that anymore.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Well alabamjim, I do not live in a small town, I live in a suburb of Oregons biggest population, and it is chock full of San Francisco style liberals, thats why. Our best bet here is to get our kids out of it.

There are not enough people that can convince the others to confront school boards, here people seem to have this stupid idea that they are "gods", and their word is golden.

I wish my kids cold be back in aschool setting, in a small town, where you knew everybody, you knew the teachers and the parents made the decisions, but this is where the jobs is, so here we are.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know people have to make a living,put food on the table and such as that.and i don't know none of you on this site, but it does"nt take that many people to go to a school or city hall to get something done..politicians,the people that run the schools,teachers,cops,fireman,and so on work for us,our taxes pay all these people..and we need to tell them what going to happen not the other way around...i don't about any of you, but if i was a major of some town and i had 20 or more parents in my face and knew where i lived,i would do all that in my power to give them what they need..and i don't see where asking,begging and fussing can do anything,if someone was hurting one of my sons,i not going to ask them to stop,nor beg them nor call the cops at first,i would take a bat to their rear end...we have to get over this fear of losing everything and fight back..sure vote if it make you feel better i plan on voting this time just to help stop the dems and liberals, but i don't think it will do any good in the long run, but there hope..if not i plan on fighting anyone and everyone that wants to take the future or this country from my childern,and i will stand beside any man or woman that want to do the same..like i said i am not putting anyone on this site down, seems to be some really good people here,we just going to have to fight for what we want and not count on the politicians to do it for us...

I've been to some meetings for parents of academically gifted
    kids. There are no parents of illegals there. I have tried to argue
    for an old school AG curriculum = more work, better test scores
    on SAT, etc. I cannot even get the AG leader at the BoE for WCPSS
    to agree that is a good goal! Guess what? The white surburban
    parents don't get it either. Best I can tell, their kids having a
    ego-soothing experience over getting a traditional Western
    education is more important than learning some things kick
    your butt trying to learn it.

So I don't think you can blame it all on the leadership.
    They think I'm the outlier & if the other parents in the AG meeting
    are the norm, I can see why we get loons on the school board.

For example, we have a 1 billion dollar bond up on Tue. Best I
    can tell, the legal parents see it as a all-year-round school
    system vs. getting to enjoy my real estate at the beach for the
    summer. No one sees the need to build new schools is driven
    in part by a huge influx of illegal aliens. I'm dumping my tea
    bag in the harbor & voting no.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123