Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    This can be said for American "holidays" such as St. Patrick's Day, Valentines and such. We have these days that are "holidays" that have little meaning other than just for partying and fun. My husbands co-worker said most people in Mexico consider Cinco de Mayo in that same way too, it is when they come here they make a big deal of it to claim it so they can promote their "heritage" (although he said it is a localized holiday, not national).
    I definitely agree with yoiu on that! For the record...even though I am a little Irish, St Patties day doesn't mean much to me. I don't even know why it is celebrated or care.

I Do celebrate: July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Squire
    Well said Sosadforus, well said.

I would go even further and hypothesize that multiculturalism and diversity really aren't being utilized by all groups. Minorities typically self-segregate and subscribe to their own cultural preservation, rather than assimilation. Sure, they learn enough about the U.S. to get around, but rarely do you see ownership of U.S. patriotism exhibited.

I don't blame them, as it's how many societies in the World operate. Peaceful, intertwined coexistence with distinct cultural differences is entirely possible. I simply have an issue because the latitude given to minorities isn't granted to Caucasians. As a Caucasian male, I haven't the freedom to earn something of my own and/or for my own. I can't establish a scholarship or start a support organization for other Caucasian males. I can't even say I publicly support the idea without immediately eliciting a racist label from some direction.
    Minorities can prefer their OWN company with NO questions asked, but WHITES who flock together are considered RACISTS!

AE

joahzina, it is a hard sad truth about the hypocrisy in our country these days.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    I find that when the pro-illegal groups see pro-enforcement groups fighting this illegal invasion, they get mad, throw a tantrum and use tiresome words like "racist, bigot,etc..." Sorry, but us Americans are following the rule of law here.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

You notice that not one link to any of the ALIPAC comments were posted.

That's because doing that would have shown the truth about what ALIPAC said, and leave him looking like a fool.
    ------------------------

I laugh when I see their feeble attempts at "honest discourse". They are not interest in honest discussion, they want their opinions rubber stamped. If you don't agree with their "reasoning", they start with the name calling. I laugh and walk away shaking my head.

I don't have to defend myself from illegal aliens lovers, I'm a US citizen and have earned the right to be here, illegal aliens have not. That's the argument in a nutshell.

Just curious thought, since I am against all illegal aliens staying here, why am I not called anti-brazilian, anti-korean, anti-chinese, anti-african, anti-irish, anti-russian, anti-italian, etc...by the pro-illegal crowd? Don't illegal aliens come from these countries also? Hmmmmm.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I got a big kick out of you guys, you guys brighten my day,
    yes we have the AMERICAN sites, what about the spanish sites?
    Are they RACIEST? We are only RACIEST because we AMERICANS
    dont want OUR COUNTRY to be invaded by ILLEGALS.

Proud to be an AMERICAN

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I laugh when I see their feeble attempts at "honest discourse". They are not interest in honest discussion, they want their opinions rubber stamped. If you don't agree with their "reasoning", they start with the name calling. I laugh and walk away shaking my head.

I don't have to defend myself from illegal aliens lovers, I'm a US citizen and have earned the right to be here, illegal aliens have not. That's the argument in a nutshell.

Just curious thought, since I am against all illegal aliens staying here,
    why am I not called anti-brazilian, anti-korean, anti-chinese, anti-african, anti-irish, anti-russian, anti-italian,
    etc...by the pro-illegal crowd? Don't illegal aliens come from these countries also? Hmmmmm.
    Because then they couln't call us "Racists".
    ------------------------

April
    Action need here, please join in!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-119040.html

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    This article omits something important and that is our freedom of speech. It doesn't matter how he interprets it, we can say whatever we want. They pick apart our words as proof that we are racist. And, if we were racist (which I don't believe we are), but if we were, would that be just cause to stop enforcing our laws? Would that make it OK for millions of of people to break into our country and steal our indentities? The race card ain't gonna work guys. The law trumps the race card every time.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast