Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Lynn wrote:

I don't want my freedoms infringed upon in the process of demanding that employers stop hiring illegals.
    I still don't see where your argument has merit. How exactly is the SAVE Act going to infringe upon your freedoms?

But I'm not going to just blindly support something just because most of you do.
    I can't speak for WorriedAmerican, Lynn. However, did you read the information I provided on the SAVE Act? I'm waiting to hear specifically what there is about the bill that concerns you. Perhaps I or someone else can help to eliminate your fears.

If I am all of a sudden required to have Real ID to get hired somewhere, I don't support that.
    Who told you that the SAVE Act would require you to have a "secure" driver's license for employment? The Real ID Act of 2005 doesn't even require such a thing. Instead of listening to the bloggers and opposition, perhaps you would be better served by reading the text of the legislation yourself. Just a suggestion.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

YES TO SAVE ACT

I have read the Save Act, MW. It seems fine except for the means of identifying legitimate job candidates. I said before that I'm not clear on the E-Verify system, but based on the above article it does sound like a chip verification system is required. I don't know what else to tell you but it concerns me. So we have to have chip ID's because our government has allowed this invasion to go on for years. It doesn't sit right with me. Our government leaders obviously want open borders so I'm hesitant to trust this.

Yes on SAVE Act.

The only thing I know about the SAVE Act is that there is an absolute media blackout on discussing it. That's why I'm working to get it voted on. It must have powerful laws in it.

I listen to a lot of "conservative" radio in Los Angeles, John and Ken, Doug MacIntyre, Bill Handel et al, who all squawk about any little story remotely related to illegal immigration. I also listen to Air America. NOTHING about the SAVE Act, positive or negative.

Media Blackout

P.S. re the media blackout, this is why I think a very productive tactic would be to write letters to the editors in print newspapers, especially in those areas where the voters are likely anti-illegal immigration.

No one knows about this.

We all come to this website to find out what's going on, the vast majority of people, especially senior citizens who are some of our fiercest allies, still open a newspaper every day.

What's New
    New Enhancements to the E-Verify System
    On May 5, 2008, the E-Verify system will include naturalization data, which will help instantly confirm the citizenship status of naturalized U.S. citizens hired by E-Verify employers. Naturalized citizens who have not yet updated their records with the Social Security Administration (SSA) are the largest category of work-authorized persons who initially face an SSA mismatch in E-Verify.

Additionally, a naturalized citizen who receives a citizenship mismatch with SSA can call USCIS directly to resolve the issue (in addition to the option of resolving the mismatch in person at any SSA field office.)

For more information about this improvement of E-Verify, please see the link on enhancements at the bottom of this page.

From the government site:

Photo Tool
    E-Verify's new Photo Screening Tool is the beginning of biometric verification within the E-Verify system. This additional feature will be the first step in giving employers the tools they need to detect identity theft in the employment eligibility process.

The Photo Screening Tool feature allows an employer to check the photo on his or her new hire's Employment Authorization Document (EAD) or Permanent Resident Card ("Green Card") against the 14.8 million images stored in DHS immigration databases.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    Our government leaders obviously want open borders so I'm hesitant to trust this.
    Not the ones supporting SAVE. And SAVE does have provisions for increasing BP agents and providing additional technology and fencing at the border.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

MW
    Lynne wrote:

What's New
    New Enhancements to the E-Verify System
    On May 5, 2008, the E-Verify system will include naturalization data, which will help instantly confirm the citizenship status of naturalized U.S. citizens hired by E-Verify employers. Naturalized citizens who have not yet updated their records with the Social Security Administration (SSA) are the largest category of work-authorized persons who initially face an SSA mismatch in E-Verify.

Additionally, a naturalized citizen who receives a citizenship mismatch with SSA can call USCIS directly to resolve the issue (in addition to the option of resolving the mismatch in person at any SSA field office.)

For more information about this improvement of E-Verify, please see the link on enhancements at the bottom of this page.

From the government site:

Photo Tool
    E-Verify's new Photo Screening Tool is the beginning of biometric verification within the E-Verify system. This additional feature will be the first step in giving employers the tools they need to detect identity theft in the employment eligibility process.

The Photo Screening Tool feature allows an employer to check the photo on his or her new hire's Employment Authorization Document (EAD) or Permanent Resident Card ("Green Card") against the 14.8 million images stored in DHS immigration databases.
    Source, please.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Thanks for the source, Lynne.

Lynee wrote:

I said before that I'm not clear on the E-Verify system, but based on the above article it does sound like a chip verification system is required.
    E-Verify does not use a chip to verify the legal status of employees.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast