Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SAVE PROGRAM & Investigating Documents

Question: I know that companies can register with the SAVE verification program, where I-9 forms are checked, to determine if a potential new hire for a company is legal, or not. What if a company doesn't want to register with SAVE, and still wants to check on the status of a potential employee. Can they still contact Social Security about Social Security cards, and Immigration and Customs about Green Cards? Probably a stupid question, but I was wondering what the procedure is, if you're not a part of SAVE.

Thanks,

Joe

Maybe this will answer you.

Question
    How does an employer verify a Social Security number of an employee?

Answer
    The Employer Verification Service (EVS) is a SSA service that matches employees’ names and SSNs with Social Security’s records. This service is offered to Employers and third party submitters (accountants, service bureaus, etc.).

To verify up to 5 names/SSNs - Just call our toll-free number for employers - 1-800-772-6270 - weekdays from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Eastern time. You'll be asked for your company name and employer identification number (EIN). Then, you will need to verify the following information for each of your employees:

(1) SSN,
    (2) Last name,
    (3) First name,
    (4) Middle initial (if applicable),
    (5) Date of birth, and
    (6) Gender.

To verify up to 50 names/SSNs - Submit a paper listing, containing the data listed above, to your local Social Security Office. Some offices accept faxed listings. To find the office nearest you, check your local phone book or visit SSA's office locator at www.socialsecurity.gov/locator/

To verify over 50 names/SSNs - A simple registration process is required for requests of more than 50 names/SSNs or requests submitted on magnetic media (regardless of how many items you want verified). Just follow the instructions in the Employee Verification Service (EVS) Booklet. See www.socialsecurity.gov/employer/ssnv.htm for instructions.

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/employer/ ... tional.htm
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Thanks! I appreciate it. I'm going to print this out for future reference.

Is there something similar to verify Green Cards?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOstrich
    Thanks! I appreciate it. I'm going to print this out for future reference.

Is there something similar to verify Green Cards?
    I will have to dig out of my Files, but I would think. Since Like my wife has a green card. That you could call with the A# to find out if it is Valid, but I am not sure. But good question. I will have to check that out.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06