Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

Shame, shame CaptainRon, she is married!!

She is very pretty and what makes her more attractive to people (men...) is she is smart, well spoken and also has great values and morals, and not ashamed of it all.

I agree with the idea of hearing Ronald Reagans voice recently. I saw something that was video clip of him and realized how nice it was to hear his voice and how much he was respected, and could be trusted because he loved this country (I recall the Lybian crisis/incident).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

I disagree that the Republican party is dead. I used to be a Democrat but the Democrats have gone so far to the left that I am now a staunch Conservative. As a result I have said 'Good by' to the Democrats and have been voting Republican for the last 4 years. It worries me that the left doesn't see the value in having 'checks n balances' but values only absolute power and corruption.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

I want to know more about the people I am voting for. PERIOD. They have to earn my trust in them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    I haven't belonged to a political party for about twenty five years. Basically, the Republicans have been living on life-support since 1980, when many evangelicals switched over from being Dixiecrats to being Republican. Without that social phenomenon they would have slipped into permanent minority status. Good thing though because the Democrats keep getting loonier every year.

I just love Sarah Palin, though. She is so HOT! Plain spoken, but intelligent, a good neighbor and HOT!
    If you think Palin is intelligent, Then I have some PRIME beach front property in Fiji that I can sell you at bargain prices!

But seriously, she proved during the election that she has LESS knowledge than you about minor foreign affairs and history. You are letting your crush cloud your judgement
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    For what it's worth, I received this email today.

GOP Launches Plan to Reenergize the Party

Posted by Bobby Eberle
    May 4, 2009 at 7:34 am

Many criticisms have been leveled against the Republican Party lately. People say the party has lost its way; has become detached from the grassroots voters who help get them elected; and has traded principles for power. In any event, after two straight election whippings, the Republican Party finds itself out of power and searching for a new direction.

That direction may be emerging with a new program called the National Council for a New America (NCNA). The NCNA hopes to "form the foundation of a concerted, policy-based forum to listen to, partner with, and empower the American people with ideas and solutions that speak directly to the needs of our great nation." Let's see what the organization is all about...

As noted in a letter signed by a number of House and Senate leaders, "The National Council for a New America will engage with and empower the American people to develop innovative solutions that meet the serious challenges confronting our country. It is the right time to begin a thoughtful conversation about the future of this country."

This quote by House Republican Whip Eric Cantor (R-VA) is exactly right. We must think about the future and how the Republican Party delivers a timeless message into the 21st century.

As FOXNews.com reports, the "listening tour" made its first stop at a pizza parlor in northern Virginia. "It is a suburban area that went for Obama in the presidential election -- helping him become the first Democratic presidential candidate since 1964 to win the state."

In their letter, the Republican leaders spell out a "blueprint" of ideas for their "conversation with America." These ideas are as follows:

Economy: Real Solutions for Economic Recovery

As the country battles through the worst economic crisis in a generation, we must remain focused on the foundations and institutions that have made us the most prosperous people in the world and the ideas that create jobs and grow our economy. At the same time, we must learn from the mistakes that led to the current crisis and to prevent similar situations from ever occurring again.

Healthcare: Building a 21st Century, Patient-Centered System

No one doubts that our nation’s health care system is in need of reform, but we must strike the right balance that builds on what works and fixes what is broken. All Americans deserve access to high-quality, affordable care. But such coverage cannot come at the expense of their ability to choose their own doctor and have access to the right care, at the right time, in the right setting without waiting in line while sick. In addition, we must continue to focus on the innovation and science that have resulted in thousands of treatments and cures for life-threatening or debilitating diseases while allowing America to remain the leader in research and development worldwide.

Education: Preparing Our Children to Succeed

A high-quality education should not be dependent upon a parent’s income or address. All of America’s children deserve an education that will prepare them for the opportunities and the challenges that await them in the global economy. Yet today, thousands of American children, especially in our inner cities, receive a substandard education or find post-secondary education unaffordable. We must return power from Washington to parents and well-paid teachers who know what’s best for our children.

Energy: Solutions for Energy Independence

American families and businesses cannot afford an energy policy where we are held hostage by foreign oil cartels and dictators. As a nation, we can no longer send billions of dollars overseas each year, often to countries that help fund our enemies. We must implement a comprehensive energy policy that includes traditional fuels, alternative energy, and conservation resulting in affordable, reliable domestic energy. Such a policy will stabilize costs for families and businesses while at the same time creating much-needed jobs here at home.

National Security: Defending American Liberty and Freedom

The threats posed to our nation are more varied and evolving more than perhaps at any other time in our history. Modern communications, technology and the proliferation of weapons of all types have empowered our enemies and those who support them. Our national security policy must reflect these realities while allowing us to maintain technological superiority, support the most well-trained and well-equipped military in the world and have the intelligence capabilities to uncover and prevent attacks before they occur.

Although some of these issues don't seem like traditional Republican issues, they are certainly on the minds of voters. When facing tough economic times, people turn to those issues which affect their families on a day-to-day basis. The Republican Party must address those issues, and they must do it with a conservative compass. The last thing we need to do is to address these issues with a big government approach. We are not Democrats, and when we act like it, we lose.

The economy is listed first, and it should be. Republicans must regain the advantage and show Americans that less money in Washington means more money at home. More money at home means more power and security for Americans to make their own decisions on what's best for their families.

We need people to articulate this message. Whenever Obama speaks and mentions the "tired policies of the past" and how "trickle down economics didn't trickle down," everyone just nods their heads in agreement. There is no one to counter this crazy rhetoric. Empowering people instead of empowering government is not a "tired" policy. It is a TIMELESS policy. When taxes are cut for all, the effect is immediate. In a 21st century economy, no one has time to wait for something to "trickle down." We need results now, so that American families can balance their budgets and plan for the future. Why can't our "leaders" simply say it?!?!

In general, I like what this group is doing. Even if principles and beliefs are timeless, the delivery of the message is not. We are still using the Pony Express, while the Democrats have moved on to FedEx overnight. We must certainly show the American people that the principles of smaller government, lower taxes, less spending, strong defense, and respect for human life are enduring beliefs that transcend fades or technology or whims. But we must also show the voters that we "get it" and that we feel for their modern-day situations, and we have a plan.

One note, a message of new Republican ideas and new strategies should be delivered by a new group of Republicans. Having legislators like Sen. John McCain as one of the leaders of this group will not inspire anyone that these are "new, bold, and fresh" ideas. New ideas need new messengers.

This effect is a great step in the right direction. As long as the group adheres to conservative principles, the NCNA can do a lot of good. We must show the American people how conservative policies work today. Once they understand, they will vote for us. Then, once elected, we simply need to govern according to those principles. That is our recipe for success.

http://www.gopusa.com:80/theloft/?p=1411

MW
    jshhmr wrote:

If you think Palin is intelligent, Then I have some PRIME beach front property in Fiji that I can sell you at bargain prices!
    She may not be the smartest moose in Alaska, but she's no dummy either. Normally a person who ascends to the level of Govenor is credited with having some intelligence.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Damn, that stokeybob has got a hammer and hit the nail right on the head!

New Republican Council..yada, yip, Huh? Sounds like The Contract with America rehashed for dummies! Ajax does not stand a chance of cleansing the infected vermin. Hydrochloric acid perhaps. The bums have too go!

Like trying to reform life long felons,..."You have been a bad boy, now straighten up and fly right!"

Ireland stopped letting babies born there to become instant irish

more states stopped giving drivers licenses to illegals i think it went from 25 to 46

now only 4 let them have licenses

and yet like in Oregon it seems the same people voted for obama who would erase all this

ive voted for constitution party people in primaries

i guess im a democrat who voted all republican in 08
    roger on that ponte show says you cant get reelected if you vote against the lobbys well how does ron paul get elected for years?

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    jshhmr wrote:

She may not be the smartest moose in Alaska, but she's no dummy either. Normally a person who ascends to the level of Govenor is credited with having some intelligence.
    What? You are suggesting that politicians are smarter than us? If that were the case, then why do we need Alpiac? Did republicans not try to sell us out in the past 8 years regarding illegal immigration? Palin professed herself that just by being able to see Russia from her house (which if you look at Google maps, you can clearly see that is impossible) that she was an expert on foreign relations. Also, she couldn't even tell you what is going on in the world just today only! MW, YOU know more, and are more qualified for a political position than her. At least you know what you're talking about! I would vote for you before Palin.

It is time that American's STOP thinking about democun*s and repukes. They BOTH hate America. It is obvious, or else there wouldn't even be a need for Alipac, or Numbers USA. It's cool if you think Palin is cute, I do too, but I don't let that get in the way of what is right and wrong for this country.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

I still think we NEED NEWT or Guiliani.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast