Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Scholarships for Illegal Immigrants?

Hey Everyone! I'm currently a college student paying around $30,000 per year to go to a decent school. Immigration has been in the news a lot lately, and whats bothered me is that many candidates (even the republican ones e.g., McCain), seem to support funding for scholarships even for illegal immigrants.

I find this ridiculous. Someone pointed this petition out on another forum, which, I believe has a lot of potential to make a difference. I think we really need to change this. This petition goes directly to congress, comments and all.

here's the link: http://www.petitionearth.com/viewpetition.php?id=63

What do you all think? Do you agree? (if so sign the petition! haha)

scholarships?

Scholarships for Illegals? can you say MIKE HUCKABEE?

Welcome Joey! If you want to fight bills such as these, you came to the right place!

We have helped kill the DREAM Act, both amnesty bills, and many others that give out benefits to illegal aliens.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Joey, it gets better. Your college probably recruits in foreign countries for the sons and daughters of the RICH to study at your school and places like Harvard, Stanford, Yale etc. Look at the presidents of many Latin countries and see where they went to college. Yes, many at IVY league schools that most of us Americans will never go to. You see, Joey, the State Department officials in places like Mexico get to send their children to the most expensive private schools at taxpayer expense. (our money!) So our State Department official's children rub elbows with the rich elite of Latin America and other countries. Then Joey, did you know that the State Department gives scholarships to foreign students to come to the US and study? YUP! 10,000 from Jordan through the year 1995. Your tax dollars so that some kid from Mexico can study here in the US and legally. Deny the citizen indeed and let the foreignor study courtesy of the State Department! USAID is the branch of State that does this. Did you hear of the kids from Egypt last summer that were supposed to show up at Montana State for a symposium and heck they never showed up in Montana but in other US cities. Your State Department paid for that crap with your money! How do you feel about that? Then there are the 120,000 legal nurses here from the Phillipines yet nursing schools still reject applicants while we have a massive nursing shortage? HMMMM? Go figure?

Now, as you mention, the politicians MOSTLY Democrat, want to give the in state tuition to the illegal.

How many students do you know Joey that have to go into massive debt and or drop out while politicians, college administrators etc cater to foreign students? Legal or illegal!

Well, nobody said life was fair did they?

They gave illegals "in state tuition" here and that wan't enough....they wanted grants so they can go for free....special classes for them to be taught in Spanish too.......it never ends and it's not right when citizens can't get it. Not every financially challenged student gets aid or grants. My daughter qualified but they only aid left was for minorities.....add illegals and it's just more money taken from the citizens....she has to resort to working and going part time. As long as it's made totally easy for them the demands will keep commming because they won't even TRY other alternatives to do it themselves while our kids are neck deep in loans and struggling.....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Then there are the 120,000 legal nurses here from the Phillipines yet nursing schools still reject applicants while we have a massive nursing shortage? HMMMM? Go figure?
    There's all sorts of things like that going on. We have a teachers shortage here but they've already made it clear they don't want "white" teachers. So even when you go to college it seems they are determined to keep out Americans even when they are qualified. I remember the tech start....they said it was the wave of the future.....before kids even got out of school they had out-sourced most those jobs. I know people who went into some medical professions....they outsourced them as well.....my husband has a friend and makes great money in computers....but he lives day by day knowing at any moment his job could be gone for a cheaper visa holder.

None of it makes any sense.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

haha, thanks for all your warm welcomes and reports. Also, thanks for all that followup info, it seems that this is a more widespread problem than I even thought. It's ridiculous what some people are getting away with, I mean, I have friends who have had to drop out, or go to community colleges because of a lack of scholarships. Please, keep up this great support on the petition, we need to stay strong!

NO scholarships, NO in-state tuition, NO NOTHING for ILLEGALS!

joey4422: Welcome aboard!

Another point to keep in mind, that even though many non-national students think that the high tuition they might pay covers the true (eg. total) cost of the education at a university, that is rarely the case. Let me restate in simpler terms: the tuition a student is required to pay does not represent the total true cost of the university education.

Most universities enjoy state and Federal subsidies too. So there is a portion being picked up by taxpayers at different levels. In some cases, the situation could lead to a double-whammy on the US student that could simultaneously be forced to pay taxes to support the school, and at the same time, could be displaced by a foreign student as well.

I totally agree. I sent the petition to all of my other friends in school -- I'm sure they will be into it too.

Why does the government persist in rewarding illegality? I have no idea...... it needs to stop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast