Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    jp_48504 wote:

That would be the ideal thing, but we need to have protections in place in case it does not.
    I know JP , I am just venting!

April
    W. , they are voting on the Coburn ammendment right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Are they voting on Cloture now? The text on my screen is so small it is hard to read.

W
    I think they are voting for the Cloburn amendement.

Sen. Tom Coburn's amendment would call for the administration to enforce existing laws, including building fence along at least 700 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border, before the rest of the program could be enacted.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Are they voting on Cloture now? The text on my screen is so small it is hard to read.

W
    Click on Stand Alone player nest to Senate Session. It will open a larger player.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by April
    jp_48504 wote:

That would be the ideal thing, but we need to have protections in place in case it does not.
    I know JP , I am just venting!

I understand.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I think cloture is coming up after Cloburn vote.

Aren't these goons supposed to be seated when any voting takes place? It looks like they're all standing around the front desk in the Senate.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Lets keep those call going, fax machines humming and emails flying Patriots...........there is a show down a comin!!!

Washington Times writes that the wheals have come off the bus.

The wheels fell off the cart earlier with the passage of the amendment by Sen. Byron Dorgan, North Dakota Democrat, to "sunset" the guest-worker program. A similar proposal failed two weeks ago by just one vote,
    Sen. John McCain, the Arizona Republican who was part of the "grand bargain" coalition and who has staked part of his presidential campaign on getting a bill passed, was furious Democrats who control the chamber had allowed a second chance on the amendment.
    He implored senators before the vote to reject it.
    "If we pass this, it kills the bill," he said.
    Several senators switched their votes between last time and this time, but it was still a nail-biter for both sides and the amendment's supporters feared they were being outmaneuvered on the floor.
    When the vote ran past 15 minutes, five minutes more than the officially allotted time, Sen. Barbara Boxer, California Democrat and one of those pressing for the amendment, began demanding to know how much time had elapsed.
    The night was heated on several fronts. At one point Sen. Lindsey Graham, an ally of Mr. McCain's, accused Sen. Barack Obama, Illinois Democrat and a presidential candidate himself, of trying to scuttle the deal reached by a small bipartisan group of senators.
    Mr. Obama's amendment would have ended after five years the new point system for selecting future immigrants, which the senator said would give Congress the chance to review the way it had worked so far.
    But Mr. Graham said it was another sign of people pecking away at the deal.
    "Some people, when it comes to tough decisions, back away," he said, charging that Mr. Obama's proposal was aimed at dividing the two parties and "means bipartisanship doesn't have the 'bi' in it."

Coburn amendment rejected 42/54

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast