Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    LegalUSCitizen wrote:

Okay. Thank you, Senator Dorgan. Please do not be discouraged.
    Well, he certainly did an outstanding job in his attempt. Well, we can take comfort in knowing he will vote against the compromise amnesty bill when the time comes.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sessions, Dorgan and Sanders were amazing!
    They made me feel each cut of the knife of every American who has lost a job. How could anyone hear those stories and still vote agaisnt it?
    And after hours and hours of passionate speeches by these Senators, I see Kennedy and Graham take the spotlight and turn on the passion and I thought......

You two disgust me!
    You have just heard about the plight of Americans who are suffering and being abused at the hands of the greedy corporations and politicians and all you can do is speak passionately about the immigrant worker?
    Where is your passion for the American worker?
    Where does your loyalty lie?
    Where is your priority?
    Why can't you manufacture a little of that fake compassion for the AMERICAN FAMILY?????
    I am spitting mad just thinking about it!]

First you take care of your own get it?
    If you don't take care of your own, no one else will.
    Who is going to pay for all these bleeding heart programs when the back of the American taxpayer is broken.
    You do more to drain away the spirit of America then you do to revive it.

Have they no shame at all?

Hey there PAF...

Yep, agreed on all that.

Here's the rather interesting irony at play in all this...

Sessions = Rep.
    Dorgan = Dem.
    Sanders = Ind.

I think this says a lot about how the illegal immigration/immigration cuts along a different axes compared with historic/conventional politics.

Instead of being thought of as a Right (~= Repub) vs. Left (~= Dem) issue, it is becoming very clear, that the issue cuts along the vertical range of politics. As in Top (upper class, elites) vs. Bottom (middle, working class folks).

Of course, the Top can include Reps and Dems, and Bottom can include Reps and Dems also. Another interesting by-product of the process here, is that the push away from historic 2 parties is accelerating even faster - toward self-identified Independents. I posted in another thread today (can't remember now) that Dobbs reported that 42% of American identify themselves as Independents (25% Reps, 33% Dems) - in short, the 'non-party', is now larger than the 2 historically recognized ones (!)

Think about that you fools in DC.... do you think this might be a commentary about how disaffected Americans might be about Federal politics at the present time? I do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE

Sessions = Rep.
    Dorgan = Dem.
    Sanders = Ind.

I think this says a lot about how the illegal immigration/immigration cuts along a different axes compared with historic/conventional politics.

Instead of being thought of as a Right (~= Repub) vs. Left (~= Dem) issue, it is becoming very clear, that the issue cuts along the vertical range of politics. As in Top (upper class, elites) vs. Bottom (middle, working class folks).
    You know what your post just made me realize PhE?
    It reminds me of the way that America was just after 911. Everyone was unifed (for the most part). We were one country against a foreign enemy. We were all Americans. And the strange thing is, this immigration disaster is doing the same thing again!
    All Americans of every race, religion, (not counting the religious leaders who have an agenda for raising money) and all party affiliations are unified again. This time though, it isn't a foreign enemy. It is our leadership that we are unified against.
    To be sure there are voices of reason in the Senate and the Congress but the vast majority of Americans have just had it with being ignored.
    I think we are going to see a revolution at the polls.
    I don't mean a revolution of the violent kind. I mean a revolution of voters who are sick and tired of being ignored and having the special interest lobby and the big business lobby undermine our rights.

I think it is time for a big change in American politics.
    I sure hope none of the good guys get voted out in the process. They don't deserve to be. They are very couragous.

BUT I sense a spring cleaning of the house, senate and presidency coming.

I have wavered back and forth myself about the issue of leaving the republican party. I still want to support the Rohrabachers and the Sessions out there but I just think it is my time to leave. I am only hanging around long enough to vote for Tancredo, Hunter, Paul. Then I am going independant or at least looking for another party option.

Because you are correct, this is not about party, this is the rich against everyone else and all of America knows it now and I think that just maybe we can get this ship back under control before it hits the reefs.
    You only have to listen to the radio, listen to the callers on C-span and see the numbers growing on this site at a fantastic rate to know that a change is coming.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789