Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    The argument against a guest-worker program is strong, very strong! Hope it works come voting time.
    There should only be one argument against guest-worker. "Until our border is proven secure, we need not even debate what is a smart guest-worker program"

No guest worker program is smart with an open border. Our government has lied to us about security for 21 years now since the last amnesty, the fact guest-worker is even being argued with an open border is a disgrace!

MW
    PhredE wrote:

I can't speak for you all, but Sen Sanders will be getting my call of thanks!
    Yeah, he did an excellent job. Let's see if Boxer can strengthen our case against a guest-worker program.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Boxer has floor...

Speaking now -

Thankful to Sen Dorgan, strip from bill GW program.

This program - has nothing to do with AgJobs (which she supports).

I want to associate myself with Sanders comments - how many times have we seen workers affected by layoffs - sometimes by 1000s.

Big employers, claim 'must downsize' and layoff en masse.

Now, they are begging for GW program.

No ECON degree needed to understand problem - big employers want low-wage labor pool they can draw from.

GW program as proposed is impractical,

Do they have labor rights? No.

Setting up system of exploitation.

System will put downard pressure on US worker. Where are workers rights in these trade agreements?

They're already in trouble - now, we're bringing them in here.
    400k / yr. Millions of workers.

I know my friends who put this together... THIS IS NOT FAIR!

There is a point, where you say 'time out' - this whole thing is a phony request - when big business are layoff thousands of workers here.

(She supports 'path to c-ship'; it is not amnesty, blah, blah...)

On top of 12 million workers, we have our regular program of GCs.
    1.1 million in 2005.

Circumstance are legalizing 12 mil, + another 3 million via GCs, we still have illegal immigration. and now we're adding 500k a yr.

Real wages from 2003-> forward declined.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW: She is not supporting it!!!

(I don't like here stance about legalization - it IS amnesty - but she might want to vote down the entire bill should this provision hang around)...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Holy cow, it is breaking up from both sides!

This Bill serves the interest of NO one.

I think it is going to be DOA, but that doesn't mean I won't keep fighting like a dog!

Continuing...

Boxer: A series of amendments will be offered.

Understands that DoL will certify the bill is 'good for America'.

What happens when economy tanks, but what about periods of high unemploment.

I don't support GW program...

Yields to Fatboy.

Transcriber takes needed break - good time, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE

(I don't like here stance about legalization - it IS amnesty - but she might want to vote down the entire bill should this provision hang around)...
    She sounds middle of the road, supports amnesty, but does not support a lame guest worker program. Hard to decide on her, do you take it as a partial win or a partial loss?

Caution drunkard at the podium, get ready for crap.

PhredE,
    You are doing an outstanding job. It is truly appreciated.
    Thanks from all of us stuck at work and don't have access to CSpan.
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

MW
    PhredE wrote:

I know, she is against the guest-worker program. I think you misunderstood my post. Here it is again:

Yeah, he did an excellent job. Let's see if Boxer can strengthen our case against a guest-worker program.
    I hate Boxer, and she supports amnesty, but she is against a guest-worker program. She is a co-sponsor of Sen. Dorgan's amendment to squash the guest-worker program.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn