Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Domenici is pathetic, crying that we can't control our borders. And us Americans don't understand that. We certainly understand one thing. This week is going to be nothing more than a big sob story, trying to cry on our shoulders that America is too weak to enforce it's own borders without legalizing the ones who are here. How pathetic is that?

Do we look that stupd? I think not.

He just said, there is no current law to enforce. Well, then what was that they passed in 1996 . . . a tea party?

Give me a constitutional break!!!!!
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Senator Domenici ... you need to be fired ASAP!!!
    The current laws of the land CAN BE ENFORCED!!!! IF YOU CAN'T DO IT GET OUT OF OFFICE!!!! (Border Patrol is frustrated because you won't let them enforce the laws!!! Jerk!!!)
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[Ok, I think I'm back...]

Domenici con't:

(Interesting talk about the pure politics of the debate - and visit home)

Spoke to Hispano-Chamber while back at home during recess.

I don't believe this is an 'amnesty'.

I thought amnesty was a gift. You have to work, pay fines, learn English, and go turn yourself in - that's the first thing you have to do.
    We'll put plenty of resources into that.

Proposed bill has a real chance of controlling the borders.
    (etc)

If we do all those things, we'll have something we can be proud of.

MW
    Someone please shove a sock in Sen. Salazar's fat mouth!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Domenici con't:

(Interesting talk about the pure politics of the debate - and visit home)

Spoke to Hispano-Chamber while back at home during recess.
    You are a DISGRACEFUL BUM!

JAK
    Salazar... I WILL BE GLAD WHEN YOU ARE SENT PACKING!!!!!!

YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Salazar... I WILL BE GLAD WHEN YOU ARE SENT PACKING!!!!!!

YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tHEN ENFORCE OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAK
    Salazar...you want to change our system from ONE THAT WORKS TO ONE THAT DOESN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MW
    Did I just hear Salazar call us Un-American?

I've been sort of tuning him out, but it sounded like I heard him call those against the bill un-American. Did I hear him correctly? Thanks.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Salazar speaking...

What is more important as US senators?

We get to work on important issues to our states, country.

What kind of time will be allocated to which issues?

He would set aside May to deal with immigration. He held people's 'feet to the fire'.. he set aside sufficient time to work on bill.

Last year, many weeks were spent in committee, and mark-up, etc. - when all was done 35 votes were cast for CIR. That was a month of struggle, to deal with immigration.

Then, a group that has worked with Kennedy, specter, to come up with CIR, have worked hard for a long-time. Now we have 14 pending amends, and have voted on 13 already.

When all is done, I hope we can pass a bill and move forward.

I want to comment on attackers of bill re: amnesty:
    Definition of amnesty is 'a pardon'.

This is a far cry from a pardon. It has real enforcement in it.
    We're asking people to do a lot to compensate for lawbreaking.

They have to:

1. 'come out of the shadows' and reg. w/Fed Gov't
    2. Go onto probationary status.
    3. Have to pay a fine(s), etc. 'go through pergatory', blah...
    4. If they survive 8 yrs,...then they have to pay more for GC later too.

It is not amnesty. They have to take on sig actions to redress past.

(Labelling of amnesty opponents as 'do-nothing' crowd. He is talking about the opposition and the battering around of the term amnesty - he is trying to denigrate them - 'they are playing polictics', they are not serving the nat'l interests of the US', etc. )

This bill will secure our borders.

We are a nation of laws.
    (Speaking of history of interior/employer enforcement in recent years)

Dealing with the reality of the 12 million undoc workers. etc.
    Are providing very valuable services to Americans.
    Who are landscapers, who are meatpackers, etc.

They are subject to exploitation, etc..

We are talking about changing to a lawful system - my hope is that as we debate amendments - is that we really will move forward and deal with nat'l security, economic issues, moral issues at heart of debate.

Last year: during debate, about deaths crossing southern border;
    by Sen McCain;
    (telling sob story...)

We need to end lawlessness and chaos that has been our immigration system in the past.

I hope we can move forward in getting a bill we can send to the House, blah, blah...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast