Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I was handling it until I heard Salazar say how would we ever mow our lawns, tend to our children, and clean our houses! This is just too flippin' much! How on earth did we ever build this country without illegals???

JAK
    Just called Salazar, Domenici and Kyl's office!!!!!!

I gave them all a piece of my mind and I'm sure you can guess it wasn't very nice!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks!!!

Thanks so much PhredE for keeping us up to date!

Kyl speaking...

(Recalling experience by many border jumpers...)

It is important for Americans, as a nation of laws, to distinguish -

Green light - driving through intersection; all understand and respect law.
    When we see law not enforced, it becomes corrosive for other people in society. I

It is hard to fool the US people;they know there are millions of illegals in the US. You don't want the people begin to think that law enforcement is not careful. Law must be enforced in a fair and just way.

Current law is not easy to enforce.
    We need to have new law to have a law that can be enforced.

Current law enforcement? A. Current law is very hard to enforce.

Yields to Menendez...

Menendez speaking...

Relating to amendments to bill:
    I feel compelled to speak about these - these demean ideas in the US senate -

The suggestion that certain amendments are 'killer' amendments.
    When colleagues suggest that to be case, - whose main intent is to kill bill - because they don't like it - maybe they believe we should just deport everybody.

There clearly is a group of senators that do not like this bill and seek to destroy it's chances. [Criticizing Obama's contention that Menendez's amends about family reunification is a 'killer amendment; disagreement amongst Democratic camps of thought...].

I still hope we can pass a Comp. bill - one that is tough and smart.
    Both tough on border security - both N and S - 50,000 came across N border. Millenium terrorist came from Canada border.

Also, understand economic reality of situation:

To stop human trafficking.

I want to know who is here to pursue Amer. Dream vs. those here to destroy it

I am for the rule of law [discusses chain migration and ability of certain family members on ability to petition for family members to join them here - taking issue with Obama's proposed amendment? Now discussing arbitrary threshold date Jan 2007 - lawbreakers get benefit, lawfollowers are punished]

Heard a lot about family values... the same voices don't have same values as previous voices for family values [he is trying to make some opponents look bad based on perspective on 'family values']

It is a false choice - to say this bill cannot move forward:
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK i might need to go get my blood pressure checked.......I just YELLED at this joke of a Senator named Menendez through the television....it's the number of people crossing the two borders moron, that is the reason the southern border needs more attention than the northern one
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Duh
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Someone please shove a sock in Sen. Salazar's fat mouth!
    This really annoyed me:
    "doing nothing - 'enforcement only approach' will not work. History shows that this approach has never worked."

It never worked because there has never been effedtive enforcement. And there won't with S. 1348 either.

Duh
    Duh

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Salazar speaking...

I want to comment on attackers of bill re: amnesty:
    Definition of amnesty is 'a pardon'.

This is a far cry from a pardon. It has real enforcement in it.
    We're asking people to do a lot to compensate for lawbreaking.

They have to:

1. 'come out of the shadows' and reg. w/Fed Gov't
    2. Go onto probationary status.
    3. Have to pay a fine(s), etc. 'go through pergatory', blah...
    4. If they survive 8 yrs,...then they have to pay more for GC later too.

It is not amnesty. They have to take on sig actions to redress past.

(Labelling of amnesty opponents as 'do-nothing' crowd. He is talking about the opposition and the battering around of the term amnesty - he is trying to denigrate them - 'they are playing polictics', they are not serving the nat'l interests of the US', etc. )

This bill will secure our borders.

We are a nation of laws.
    (Speaking of history of interior/employer enforcement in recent years)

Dealing with the reality of the 12 million undoc workers. etc.
    Are providing very valuable services to Americans.
    Who are landscapers, who are meatpackers, etc.

They are subject to exploitation, etc..
    OOOOOH!! 'come out of the shadows'! What a harsh punishment

Pay a $5,000 (and I DOUBT it will be that much) for evading taxes and bleeding welfare for 20 years.

Dealing with the reality of 12 million illegals providing valuable services to us? I suppose the 15 million Americans that are currently unemployed don't want to work meatpacking, constsruction, or janitorial?

I'm sick.

MW
    noyoucannot wrote:

I was handling it until I heard Salazar say how would we ever mow our lawns, tend to our children, and clean our houses! This is just too flippin' much! How on earth did we ever build this country without illegals???
    I can't speak for those elitist in the U.S. Senate, but I'm sure most middle class Americans cut their own lawns, tend their own children or drop them off at daycare while working, and certainly clean their own home! The majority of Americans can't afford to hire landscaping companies (bi-monthly) to cut the grass, a nanny to raise the kids, or a house cleaning service.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Menendez (con't):

Speaking about economic / training of US workers in relation to merit-based changes to system.

Is merit-focus to be factored in, at the expense of family reunification?

[shows chart - previously shown in earlier debate; it is one of images of service people]

Making example of IAs which have served in armed forces not being able to petition for family members to become PRs join family here.
    [Note - this assumes of course, that the individ IA has served and hence, become a citizen - without even a mention of course...]

Now listing Gen. Colin Powell - as an example.
    Under this system, his parents would not legally be allowed into US.

'We're talking about the future Colin Powells as we debate the current leg.'

Another example - Gen. David Petreaus, Jonas Salk, Thomas Edison, etc.

Someone please shove a sock in Sen. Salazar's fat mouth!
    Put the other one in Menendez'.....
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast