Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[Transc note - thanks for the comments folks, I'll try to address those later after I get done here]

I also want to talk about another issue, - I appreciate the work of the senators that worked on the bill - security aspect is good, etc.

amnesty is not 'something for nothing'.

When amendments don't go to the heart of:

boder security, employer enforcement, etc. - when amendment doesn't deal with those aspects, then I find it hard to believe that such amendments could be considered 'killer amendments'.

(filler material - discussion about 'killer amendments')

Yields to Salazar...

Salazar speaking...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Salazar...

I appreciate the experience of Menendez...

Finishes up.

(Clerk calls the roll - pause; 2:58pm Pacific)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    noyoucannot wrote:

I was handling it until I heard Salazar say how would we ever mow our lawns, tend to our children, and clean our houses! This is just too flippin' much! How on earth did we ever build this country without illegals???
    I can't speak for those elitist in the U.S. Senate, but I'm sure most middle class Americans cut their own lawns, tend their own children or drop them off at daycare while working, and certainly clean their own home! The majority of Americans can't afford to hire landscaping companies (bi-monthly) to cut the grass, a nanny to raise the kids, or a house cleaning service.
    ...and THAT'S exactly what I told him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

They have to:

1. 'come out of the shadows' and reg. w/Fed Gov't
    2. Go onto probationary status.
    3. Have to pay a fine(s), etc. 'go through pergatory', blah...
    4. If they survive 8 yrs,...then they have to pay more for GC later too.

It is not amnesty. They have to take on sig actions to redress past.
    Do you want to know why this is amnesty?!!

THEY GET TO STAY IN THE UNITED STATES!!! IF IT IS GOING TO TAKE 8 YEARS TO BECOME 'CITIZENS', THEY WILL BE HERE LEECHING OFF THE US TAXPAYER THE ENTIRE TIME!!!

All the Sellout Senators are sure trying hard to get this bill passed
    without any ammendments. They are afraid that the other senators
    are going to kill the bill in it's current form and they're running
    scared.

Salazar speaking again...

We have continued to make sig. progress on this leg.
    Last year we had 35 amendments on entire bill.

Now, we have disposed of 13 amendments so far this year.

Four additional amendments to be considered as a block:

1. S1167 (Cantwell)
    2. S1163
    3. S1238 (Cornyn)
    4. S1166 (Grassley, as modified)

We are ready to schedule on amendments tomorrow am.

(Scheduling time for debate and voting tomorrow)

(Filler material - about personal experiences / family history of some senators, attorney general, etc)...

JAK
    Yea...we will hear all the stories about immigration...WILL WE HEAR THE COST AND THE DEVASTATION THAT IT IS CAUSING???? No, I don't think so!!!!!!!!!
    Will we hear that 12 - 25 AMERICANS ARE BEING KILLED EVERYDAY.

Don't talk about the rule of law UNTIL you can ENFORCE OUR EXISTING LAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

JAK
    Salazar...maybe we should set all of our prisoners free... so that we can show them human compassion!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salazar...

Recalling family history from Sante Fe NM, 1598; under Spanish control of territory, then Mexico, for 250 yrs my family lived under different societies, etc.

1848 - US-Mexico treaty signed; from then on had choice to become US citizens or become Mexican. Family decided to stay - from then on to today.

Many of my family have served in US military, contributed to the economy.
    Father served and retired in US Army. Uncle died in WWII in Europe.

As we stand here and debate what we are doing, we have come a long way, and that we should build upon past - doing nothing is not a service of the hard-work we have done so far.

All the emails and phones we've all been getting has indicated that it is an important issue.

We are making progress. Now, we have 21 amendments - America's greatness depends on the chamber here, on the issues debated here.

We will find a solution to the broken border.

(filler...)

Salazar con't:

(Revising time scheduling for tomorrow...)

Senate is adjourned for the day.

IIRC, I believe I heard them say that senate would begin again tomorrow at 10am Eastern / 7am Pacific; tune-in tomorrow, I hope to do this yet again...

<<End of Senate Coverage for 6/4/07 - PhredE, your humble Transcriber]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast