Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Sessions torn between Trump, Cruz

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Yeah, it's a no-brainer. To be straining yourself between a candidate like Cruz who has no intention of deporting illegal aliens until after they're apprehended for committing other crimes and Trump who is going to form a deportation force and get them all out of here in 2 years, with the caveat that he'll "try" to let some "good ones" come back, that's a no-brainer to me. But of course you're free to continue straining.

It's a whole month til the North Carolina primary, and depending on what happens tomorrow night, Cruz may not even still be a an option.
    Judy I specifically heard Trump leave out the he'll "try" and say he would bring all the "good ones" back and he had a whole list of what made them the good ones. I really wanted to be for him, but the more I really listen to him and watch his body language the more I think it has all become about winning. It is all about winning the deal. How many times does he have to say "I would have made a better deal" before people question just what would he give up to make that better deal? I am getting that same gut feeling I had about Obama and I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry View Post
    Judy I specifically heard Trump leave out the he'll "try" and say he would bring all the "good ones" back and he had a whole list of what made them the good ones. I really wanted to be for him, but the more I really listen to him and watch his body language the more I think it has all become about winning. It is all about winning the deal. How many times does he have to say "I would have made a better deal" before people question just what would he give up to make that better deal? I am getting that same gut feeling I had about Obama and I don't like it.
    Yes, "highly educated ones like doctors", "wonderful people who aren't hurting us and doing jobs Americans don't want to do".

So that's not very many people, but it softens the end game until he can get them out of here. I mean listen to Cruz and MW, "jackboots going door to door waking people up in the middle of night pulling them out by the hair".

He also said in a later interview when asked about the people that would be coming back, Trump said "well don't forget there's people already waiting to come in and they have to be considered first."

Trump is the only one who will do it, he's the only one who even wants to do it and he's the only one who has said he will do it and do it in 2 years.

I'm sorry you feel that way, Monterrey Sherry, like they say, you can't please all the people all the time. But there are some practical issues like with the foreign doctors. Our hospital unfortunately is all foreign doctors and it's quite possible that some of these visa overstays are doctors. Our medical schools haven't expanded enough to train enough doctors or nurses to keep pace with the population growth from immigration. When we get all these illegal aliens out of here and stop this outrageous immigration, we would probably have enough of our own doctors and wouldn't need all these foreign doctors.

When a family member of mine was in the hospital the last time, she had a doctor from some North African country, not sure which one, one from Pakistan, one from Bangladesh, one from Jamaica, one from Mexico, and one from the Dominican Republic. It was awful and did not end well.

So no one more than me wants these people deported if they're illegal or a halt put on their visa when they come up for renewal and them all sent back to where they came from. But if that happens, I believe our hospital would have to close, so then what? It's a terribly complex situation with some of these people because our systems have grown dependent on them. It must be corrected but in situations like these, it must be corrected over time.

Also, before Trump can fix anything, he has to win. If anyone thinks he's doing this for any reason other than to fix the problems which you can't explain to people in 30 second sound bytes.

There's only one reason immigration is being discussed in this election and that's because Trump made it the gold standard issue of this election. For anyone to believe or feel or think that he did that for any reason other than to fix the problem that no one else has been able to do even one thing about, then that's just not a realistic thought or pursuit.

Trump hasn't been in public office, so there hasn't been any opportunity for him to fix this problem. For all those who are in public office and have been for all their careers or the better parts of them to now claim they're all of a sudden going to solve the problem, that's bull and not credible. When you're a US Senator and caught on at least 6 videos saying the opposite of what you're saying now after Trump set out his plan.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-01-2016 at 01:31 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry View Post
    Excellent point regarding your comment about what would Trump give up for the better deal. When he says Pelosi is his friend and that he can deal with Pelosi and Schumer ...... has to make one wonder.

I too have heard him say he would expedite the return of the "good ones" of which, according to him, they're are many. He obviously wasn't talking about a handful of doctors that had overstayed their visa.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If it's a better deal, what does it matter? For example, if Trump is elected, he will reverse all Obama Executive Orders, he will form a deportation force and deport all 30 million illegal aliens in 2 years, he will build the wall, and halt immigration until Americans are back to work, and he doesn't need a deal on that. He already has full legal constitutional authority to do all of that. He doesn't need money for the wall, because Mexico is going to pay for it. He doesn't need Congress to reverse the Executive Orders or start deporting illegal aliens. No illegal aliens deported can come back under existing law. He has no plan to request changes to existing law so he doesn't need a deal on that.

He doesn't need a deal with Congress to halt immigration. He has full authority to do that. Just because Congress wants to exceed its constitutional authority approving the issuance of green cards and visas, no President is obligated to use them.

So he doesn't need a deal with Pelosi or Schumer or Ryan or McConnell or anyone else in Congress on immigration.

He doesn't need a deal with Pelosi and Schumer on trade. Pelosi and Schumer already oppose all these stupid trade deals so they'll support him on all that.

So where does he need Pelosi and Schumer? On the budget. We want that right? We don't want Pelosi and Schumer to win on the budget any more. We want to make some changes and reductions. So he'll need a good deal on the budget. What's the problem with that?

Military and Veterans Affairs. Democrats will support more spending on the military, they love that kind of spending because it's money that pours into their districts.

I don't see a problem here.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Judy wrote (excerpts):

If it's a better deal, what does it matter? For example, if Trump is elected, he will reverse all Obama Executive Orders
    Of course it could matter because what is considered a better deal for some is not always the best deal for our country. For example, some thought Obama's trading of terrorists for the return of Bowe Berghdal was a good thing. Well, most of us now know it was a horrible deal. My point being, someone's idea of what a "better deal" is doesn't always make it so. Obama thought he made a good deal, when in fact he done more harm than good.

On rescinding Obama's executive orders, you're wrong. Trump has said he would rescind many of Obama's executive orders, not all of them. I think you're are confusing Trump with Cruz. It was Ted Cruz that said his first act as president will be to rescind all of Obama's executive orders.

he will form a deportation force and deport all 30 million illegal aliens in 2 years
    Any logical thinking person knows that would be an impossibility. God almighty himself is the only one that is capable of rounding up 30 million illegals and deporting them in 2 years or less. It's a great dream and I'd love to witness it happen, but I know the logistics of it just aren't possible. Enforcing our immigration laws to the fullest extend possible and mandating a national E-Verify program among other things would turn the current situation around. There is no magic wand that can be waved to fix this problem overnight. This isn't 1938 and it's not Nazi Germany.

He doesn't need money for the wall, because Mexico is going to pay for it.
    How?

No illegal aliens deported can come back under existing law.
    Don't you trust the Donald? He says he will expedite the return of the good ones. Either you believe him or you don't.

So he doesn't need a deal with Pelosi or Schumer or Ryan or McConnell or anyone else in Congress on immigration.
    Yes, ultimately he will have to if he wants to mandate E-Verify nationally, end birthright citizenship, etc., etc. There is also the issue of him coming out in support of comprehensive immigration reform at one point. What if he still supports that and attempts to jump-start another comprehensive bill? Trump has said he and Pelosi get along great and that he can make deals with her and Schumer.

Military and Veterans Affairs. Democrats will support more spending on the military, they love that kind of spending because it's money that pours into their districts.
    During my lifetime Democrats have never supported more spending on the military. The Reps. and Dems. are always fighting over this. Sure, there are Dems that don't support the closing of bases in their districts for the sake of their districts economy, but that doesn't equate to supporting increased spending for the military. Trump being in the Washington is not going to change the way the Dems think on military spending.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh yes, you're right. I was thinking and writing about Trump's statement that he would reverse the Obama Executive Orders on Amnesty for Illegal Aliens. He also said separately that he would reverse the Executive Orders on Gun Control. Trump also said he would reverse the Obama acceptance of Syrian Refugees, I don't think that was done by Executive Order, so Trump will issue an Executive Order to remove them. Trump was very specific about what he was going to reverse. He may have mentioned others, but those are the ones I'm talking about.

Yes, it was Maniac Ted who said he was going to reverse "all Obama Executive Orders", even though he doesn't know what they all are or do, and 4 years of them were before Ted was even in the US Senate. Thank you for pointing that out!!

We've already been over the mass deportation issue. If you are under the sad impression that the United States can't eject 30 million illegal aliens in 2 years, then I'm sorry for you.

How on your next item of getting Mexico to pay for the wall? You'll see. I'm a little weary of having Trump's ideas and plans adopted by his opponents.

Illegal aliens are our enemies. They are stealing jobs, running drugs, murdering and raping our citizens, stealing our money, and robbing our coffers. I totally and completely trust Donald Trump to outwit, outmaneuver and totally hoodwink these enemies, and pity anyone who confuses a strategy with a promise.

You fail to understand that when you have ejected all 30 million illegal aliens, shut immigration down, and built a wall, you no longer need E-Verify. If Congress wants it, then they should pass it, and I'm sure Donald Trump will sign it into law. Actually a President doesn't need an act of Congress to end birthright citizenship.

I'm sure any spending Donald Trump wants for more and better bases and systems in the United States, will not meet with any resistance from the Democrats. I hope Donald Trump doesn't actually increase spending on military, I hope he uses what's already budgeted to secure more sensible cost-effective and meaningful defense strategies to protect our country instead of others which might even result in less spending. But if in some years he wants more for new types of projects, I'm sure Democrats will support that. Why wouldn't they? But if they do resist something along the way for some reason, then this is where Trump's ability to work with Pelosi and others across the aisle will prove highly advantageous.

MW
    Judy wrote:

Yes, it was Maniac Ted who said he was going to reverse "all Obama Executive Orders", even though he doesn't know what they all are or do, and 4 years of them were before Ted was even in the US Senate. Thank you for pointing that out!!
    Hmm, so now you profess to know exactly what Ted knows and doesn't know, huh? Interesting.

So which is better, an egomaniac or a maniac?

How on your next item of getting Mexico to pay for the wall? You'll see. I'm a little weary of having Trump's ideas and plans adopted by his opponents.
    Now you're even starting to sound like the Donald (vague).

I always love how you take posts about Trump or Cruz and make them about me. So naturally I would prefer the competent egomaniac over the incompetent maniac.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I always love how you take posts about Trump or Cruz and make them about me. So naturally I would prefer the competent egomaniac over the incompetent maniac.
    How ironic you should say that considering the large number of threads you've turned into an attack forums against Cruz.

Look, Cruz and Trump are, IMO, our only two choices and it's just silly for us to constantly banter back and forth in an effort to destroy both their credibility. In the midst of our back and forth banters, I home Rubio doesn't sneak in and grab the golden ring.

The articles are about the political candidates. It would be nice if you would confine your remarks to the candidates and the articles like everyone else does.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast