Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Shame Your Pro Amnesty Sen. by Praising A Anti Amnesty Sen.

My Republican Senator went on the record yesterday opposing S 1348. He openly admitted that this bill is a sham and is nothing but a thinly vieled amnesty and will not support it. He also admitted that he heard from his consituents LOUD and CLEAR that they are against the bill.

This is huge since he has one of the worst records for voting for pro-illegal legislation. His name is Gordon Smith and he is the poster boy for RINO Republicans.

I wrote this letter to him, my Democrat Senator and my Democrat Congressman. I hope this pressure will get Senator Wyden to move in our direction.

The media tries to make it sound like Republicans oppose it because it is amnesty and Democrats oppose it becuase it is not generous enough to Illegal aliens. My wife's family is all Democrats and they hate this bill for the same reasons we all do.

We need everyone who is a Dem to make that known when they call and let the folks in D.C. know that they want enforcement of existing laws and S 1348 to die.

Here's the letter:

I'd like to take a moment to personally thank Senator Smith for taking a strong position against S 1348.

The opposition to this fatally flawed bill is bipartisan. I am a life long Republican and I strongly oppose S 1348. My wife's entire family are Democrats and they hate this bill as passionately as I do.

Don't be fooled into believing that their hatred for the bill is any different than mine. They also believe that this bill is a gift to people who spit on our laws and are attempting to step over people who ARE following our immigration laws.

NOBODY believes for one minute that the enforcement provisions of S 1348 will ever occur. The laws passed since 1986 have been ignored by our government and these would be as well.

Thank you again Senator Smith for listening to your constituents, on the right and on the left. I sincerely hope Senator Wyden will listen to his constituents and have the courage to take a public position against S 1348.

Sincerely,

XXXXX
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

jecg:

Hey, thanks for that - I also agree. Many senators have close relationships (no, not THAT close) with their corresponding US state senator.

In our case, Smith 'turned' in our favor, on the other hand, Wyden has got just about every vote that I've track him on within the last year or so WRONG! - So, he needs to hear the displeasure of his constituents loud and clear - every day, if possible! (I call early and often, not to mention those NumbersUSA faxes, a few emails, etc....) - you get the idea.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just sent this to Reid and my representatives.

Fool us once shame on us, fool us twice shame on you.

Legal status with “earned citizenshipâ€

I'm with you and have been doing the same. We cannot let up. I really believe if the callers point out that they are Dems opposed to giving our country away, it will help.

By the way, Portland's Mayor Tom Potter, was outraged at the ICE raid that took place here yesterday. Out of the plant's 600 employees, nearly 550 were using real American's Social Security numbers. He was upset that ICE went after hard working people.

He made no mention of the fact that 550 American Citizens had their ID compromized and would likely be spending years trying to clear their names and straighten out problems with the IRS and Credit Bureaus.

What's amazing about this guy is he used to be the Chief of Police. He literally doesn't believe in enforcing laws unless you are a middle income suburbanite paying the unbelievable tax burden brought on by him and Portland City Council.

If you are a bum, meth or heroine addict or other malcontent, you are his friend.

If I had his e-mail address, I'd post it here so he could hear from law abiding citizens.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

http://www.portlandonline.com/mayor/

Here is link to mayor!

Anyone wanting to contact a mayor, city council, governor, etc., just google it!

It is true. I mentioned previously that I attended a Ron Paul meetup group last week. I asked for a show of hands as to who there was Democrat, Republican and Independent and it was almost evenly split three ways. I bring this up because the entire buzz that evening was the amnesty scam bill and all in the room were absolutely irate about it. If you ever want to bring up an explosive subject, mention the amnesty bill !!!!

My mother who is the 85 year old sterotypical liberal from New York City, a woman's liber and a campaigner for a woman's right to choose, has now registered Republican just so she can vote for Tom Tancredo in the primaries !!!!

So the Demo's are in for a rude awakening come 2008. And that is what they deserve for being so darn stupid !!!!

I hope everyone who reads this will take a moment to contact the Mayor of Portland and ask him about the 550 Americans who may be financially devistated by the actions of these people and more importantly, their employer.

How can you have pity on people who are willing to wreck the lives of others just to get their way? I just don't get it.

I sent him a little "love note"

How dare you show pity for the hundreds of illegals working in Portland via the use of stolen id's. You should be praising ICE rather than making critical comments. One can only wonder how much you are on the "take" to promote illegal workers in this state. I am going to suggest to all of my contacts that you be fully investigated and removed from office pending the outcome.

And from me:

I am incredulous at your reaction to the raid yesterday. The LAW was being followed--aren't you a former police chief? Argumentum ad hominem does not trump the fact that 550 American citizens have had their identities stolen by ILLEGALS. Whose side are you on?

You are embarrassment to our state.
    [/u]