Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I was only curious and it was after all just a question. I didn't mean to offend anyone here.
    dragonfly, you didn't offend me. And I hope my response didn't sound harsh. You had a valid question, and I think I speak for all of us when I say that our answers weren't meant to bash you; they were simply statements of how important we feel patriotism is to voting.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

CrocketsGhost,
    With all do respect my husband does not hold an alligance for his birth land. He can barely remember what some of it looks like. As for dual citizenship that is not under his control. Like alot of countries (example England) Iran does not just give up their citizens. This is the reason the people have to leave to places like Germany, Greece and so on. My husbands family fled to France applied there and waited for entrance. They had nothing to hid and neither does my husband. He is not a felon. He is a hard working man that in anycase I fill sometimes doesn't always realize his error. He has been here along time, but he was just a child when he came and knows no other home. Maybe in his heart he feel like a citizen? I agree with all of you citizenship is the key word. Like I said my heart got in the way of my mind. I'm ashamed I even brought it up. I am not a troll. I was not looking for trouble. Please forgive me. I made a mistake. Wow, it really hurts to be attacked.

I'm ashamed I even brought it up. I am not a troll. I was not looking for trouble. Please forgive me. I made a mistake. Wow, it really hurts to be attacked.
    dragonfly, I don't think anybody was attacking you. Again (see my post above), I'm sorry if you took my post too harshly. I DO feel you had a valid question (and of course you're not a troll), and it deserved a thoughtful answer. We all stated our reasons for our beliefs that voters in the U.S. should be citizens of the U.S.; however, we weren't insinuating that your husband (or you) are bad people simply because you were curious to know how we all felt about legal residents' voting.

So please don't feel attacked. That was not at all what any of us meant to do.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Thank you AmericanGirl,
    You are very kind. Just so it's clear my husband never asked nor does he bellieve he should have the right to vote without citizenship. The question was stupid and belongs nowhere. Sorry again!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly
    CrocketsGhost,
    With all do respect my husband does not hold an alligance for his birth land. He can barely remember what some of it looks like. As for dual citizenship that is not under his control. Like alot of countries (example England) Iran does not just give up their citizens. This is the reason the people have to leave to places like Germany, Greece and so on. My husbands family fled to France applied there and waited for entrance. They had nothing to hid and neither does my husband. He is not a felon. He is a hard working man that in anycase I fill sometimes doesn't always realize his error. He has been here along time, but he was just a child when he came and knows no other home. Maybe in his heart he feel like a citizen? I agree with all of you citizenship is the key word. Like I said my heart got in the way of my mind. I'm ashamed I even brought it up. I am not a troll. I was not looking for trouble. Please forgive me. I made a mistake. Wow, it really hurts to be attacked.
    Not an attack. Just a clarification that if your husband feels that he is an American and wants to vote as an American, he needs to formally BECOME an American.

I feel about citizenship the same way I do about marriage. To me, a couple can call themselves husband and wife all they want, but until they have formalized their union before the community, they are just cohabitating and should not gain any of the community benefits of marriage.

The question was stupid and belongs nowhere. Sorry again!
    I don't think it was a stupid question at all. No need for you to apologize for asking.

Besides, in all the debating, we (well, I) have to admit that I was too wrapped up in the "illegal vs. citizen" to ask for a legal resident's opinion about all this.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

I agree with ladydrake....it was a valid question. No apology is necessary.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Only citizens should be able to vote. He should really apply.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

dragonfly.........you ask a legit question, without malice. You have every right to ask that question here. That's what this forum is all about. You won't ever know if you don't ask.
    For your husbands sake, I hope he will take the time and effort of getting his citizenship. From what I hear, it's a good feeling when they actually become citizens. He does need to see about this, so he can take advantage of everything our country has to offer. He needs to know and feel he belongs in every sense of the word. You know how it feels to be able to go out and vote and have your say. He needs to know that too.
    Tell him we are all on his side all the way. He just needs to finish up the paperwork. He'll be proud he did.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

I agree have him apply for citizenship immediately and no legal residents should not be able to vote only american citizens. I still cannot understand why people who are in the system as legal residents do not apply for citizenship when it becomes available to them. If that were me I would be all over it to ensure that I could stay in this country forever.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast