Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Section 1. Short Title.

This Act may be cited as ____________________.
    Insert: The Great American Screw Over!

I want to know what I am being "protected" from. A few bad banks going under because of bad business practices. Good riddance!

I agree, too much money! Too much.

I want these banks to pay back every cent or forfeit their assets. I don't care if they have to sell every bank tower in the US and do business out of a card board box or if they never show a significant profit ever again. Those fat bank execs, just like Enron's have been paying themselves huge salaries for what?

Hell no to bailing out foreign banks. Double Hell No! No one would give America a dime, why do we keep passing money out to every country in the world? Those are my tax dollars you are throwing around and I didn't come by them easily!

Our government needs to seize more control from the FED. If they had been dealing with the banking and mortage industires, instead of sticking their noses into education, immigration, promoting the use of the Mexican Matricula Card(encouraging preditory lending).... then we might not be in this mess. The Federal Reserve has spun completely out of control and their budget must be way too big for them to afford to take on all the side work they have been doing.

RRRRRRRR,

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    jean wrote:

A lot will probably happen this week so perhaps we should wait and see before making a public position on this issue.
    A wise position to take, jean (I agree).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Thomas Jefferson, declared, "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Airborne, you remind me of the series 'John Adams' which my family and I are watching in segments now. The forefathers of our country must be turning over in their graves for what the powers-that-be have done to our country. Such wise devoted brave men founded our country, such sacrifices they made and look what our so called leaders have done.

Thank you MW for your kind comment.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    We're all very concerned about this and wondering what the future means for us and our descendants. A lot will probably happen this week so perhaps we should wait and see before making a public position on this issue.

One thing I do believe is, we can blame the greed of lenders to allow so many people to have loans who should not have qualified for them, including illegals. We know a lot of these foreclosures have to have been made to people who shouldn't even be in our country. So for now we ought to put emphasis on that part imo.

I am in total agreement with you Jean and was just going to post something similar myself:

There HAS to be very STRICT conditions imposed as to whom will benefit from any bailout and, quite frankly, ANYONE who would not have qualified for a mortage under the previous strict standards, those who cannot prove sufficient income, and those ILLEGALLY present in this country, should not be eligible for assistance in keeping their homes.

And the financial institutions which took on these high risk mortgages should not be bailed out. They feathered their own nests.

Further, special interest groups.....such as La Raza....... should not be permitted any input on the issue and no provisions benefitting specific populations (ie Hispanics) should be included let alone considered or approved. And I've got a feeling that this is the direction we're going to see any bailout go......with La Raza demanding that hispanics, and specifically IAs, be the main (sole?) recipients of relief while the Democrats hold everyone hostage to these demands.

No one can argue that the the majority of this crisis has been directly caused by the uncontrolled flow of illegals into this country and the issue needs to be addressed....openly and honestly....it's time to call the duck a duck and for Washington to say "NO MORE!!!"

Fighting tooth and nail against any benefit to illegals and others who should not have been given these loans in the first place SHOULD be our focus.....not necessarily fighting a bailout in general.

I heard quite a few Republicans are also very concerned with these bail outs also.

Wonder if this has anything to do with the Amero?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Further, special interest groups.....such as La Raza....... should not be permitted any input on the issue and no provisions benefitting specific populations (ie Hispanics) should be included let alone considered or approved. And I've got a feeling that this is the direction we're going to see any bailout go......with La Raza demanding that hispanics, and specifically IAs, be the main (sole?) recipients of relief while the Democrats hold everyone hostage to these demands.
    Oh don't worry "Wreath", I heard they already took care to make sure LaRaza and other special Interest groups still get their donations from Freddy and Fanny.... Barney Franks made sure it was in the deal. I heard it on C-Span last week.

I am also worried about what the Dems are going to demand be put in this thing...now is a good time for them to get something they want .....REAL BAD!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I heard quite a few Republicans are also very concerned with these bail outs also.

Wonder if this has anything to do with the Amero?
    Well, what strikes me is that all the dirty politicians are acting like this
    thing just fell out of the sky on their heads.
    It didnt happen overnight and it did happen on their watch..both sides
    while they were supposed to be on the job and were goofing off.
    They were doing busy work to maintain their power and benefits!
    Period.

I just lost it when Chris Dodd, looking like a deer in the headlights
    talked about "accountability". He doesnt even know the definition of
    the word.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Bailout or giveaway?

They call it a necessary bailout, to save the country from something worse than the "Great Depression." I call it more free lunch money for their cronies. This is just one more way to continue plundering the American taxpayer while Dumb Dubya is still in office. I think it is horrible that they wish to "bail out" billionaires, when folks can't put food on their tables, pay for their medications, or send their kids to college. And, I certainly do believe that we should be doing something, but I fear with the Congress working so feverishly quickly in this case, we will not have time to object. $700 billion? That is insane! My great, great, great, great grandchildren will never forgive me for this one, as they will be paying off this debt long after I am gone. That's if this country even lasts that long. Hey, wait a minute! Let all the illegals pay the bill. They seem to have all the jobs and the money. Some are even getting tax returns. How ludicrous! Fire 'em all, let God sort 'em out. SD
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    - John F. Kennedy

Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast