Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERSUPERME
    Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    Why did you come to the USA? For education and to leave or for education and to stay? We have too many illegals here imposing their culture and language onto us and many others who are here with visas or work permits join them!

By the way where are you from?

I am from Japan. Came here with a business visa (L1) to expand my business and adjusted my status to permanent residency. long 10 year ordeal but well worth it!

Welcome to the worlds smorgusboard ! What few American business's that are still here most belong to 'immigrant's'. The rest are outsourced in Japan or some other nation .

98% of our hospitality is owed by foreigners, mostly India . our 7-11s , most mall stores and gas stations too . Not to mention the engineering jobs and most medical personel ,including doctors . These are the businesses Americans don't want to do .

I know lots of good immigants in all these fields, but enough is enough . I also know that we are the losers of all these benefits and even help finance it through our taxes .

Not your fault, it's ours .

If you are smart enough to own a business ,then you should be smart enough to keep your smart remarks to yourself . We don't owe you anything, including respect, that has to be earned .

Welcome!

In my life I have found that: cheap is cheap, and things worth having don't come easy.

The liberals, elected officials and corporate tyrants have tried to cheapen being a citizen of the U.S., as well as practically giving it away to certain invaders (du jour) and not others.

I work with exchange students from Poland and they are great kids. They work hard, are proAmerican and have respect for each other and us. I treat them with utmost respect. They are very nice. They are someone's children and when they go back to their country I hope they remember the good people in America.

Americans want fairness and honesty. In my life I will say that most of the Americans I met were honest and good people, working hard to bring up their kids to be honest and have integrity, as well as try to have some joy and happiness in life. I have seen Americans come to the aid of millions of people all over the world in my life and now I see Americans getting attacked from every direction.

The saying goes: If you don't love it, leave it.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

For 2 years on the way to the grocery I have been passing a house with a green,orange ad white flag . I got mad eerytime i went by it .I thought it as a muslim flag . When I stopped and ask the man in his yard why the flag he told me it was irish. I am of irish ancestry . It made me even madder than if it was muslim . Our soldiers are fighting in a war thinking they are protecting their nation and all over their nation are foreign flags flying ,no American flag in sight much less above it ! I am old and I know what the meaning of this is, to display the flag means the land has been conquored . No place else allows this . I was about to tell him why not go back and take his flag with him, but my husband told me it's no use . He has learned if we stand up, we stand alone .

When you go into Canadian waters on pleasure craft ,you have to fly the Canadian flag above your flag until you leave their waters .

Well, so we can all see a sampling of how our folks here feel about this issue. As many of us have seen before, it brings out a myriad of feelings and responses from people here.

I just want to add a couple quick notes to cap this off -

1. To SUPERSUPERME: Regarding the intensity of feelings demonstrated by some of our forum members...
    Something to consider... is that many of the people here have suffered - directly, tangibly, negatively - from the effects of illegal aliens. We have people affected by death of a family member, loss of personal property, loss of livelihood (displacement by the hiring of illegals), etc. so hopefully you'll appreciate that people here are often 'fired up' and highly critical of the status quo.

And yes, there is the other side of the issue lurking here which involves mass legal immigration. As you may have noticed from several heated exchanges on this board, there is intense debate about how programs such as H1-b, L-1, etc. are managed and used. Because they are nominally administered by our government to allow for 'legal' immigration - that does not mean that all persons which enter and reside here are strictly obeying the rules (nor, for that matter, does it mean that the people that administer the program are operating within the law too!)
    Of course, this program is abused and mismanaged and also has many problems associated with it as well - but that... I'll leave for another time.

2. Let me ask the forum members to remember what is important at the moment - and that is to continue to make the calls, send faxes, emails, etc. Spending time trying to change the opinion of a non-believer is not going to help us further our goals.

I do want to make this simple observation - which, I think says a lot:
    Re:
    I am from Japan. Came here with a business visa (L1) to expand my business and adjusted my status to permanent residency.
    Translation:
    Entered US on an L-1 to expand business (America = 'more money'),
    then looked into changing status to become an American along with way.

While I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I believe the priorities are reversed in the above...

Teddy Roosevelt once said:

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Legal, Limited, controlled, Immigration not a hard concept to understand.

We now take in more then all countries combined no society can sustain
    this long term, while the land will still be here America will not.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Hi Supersupreme -- welcome to Alipac.

If you can understand, Alipac is not about people, it's about upholding the law of the land. Too many just feel American is some sort of tourist attraction, and everything in it theirs for the taking. WEll, it's not. It's a sovreign nation, built by its citizens, many who are and have fought and died for its freedoms. While some in this country want to cheapen that and give it away, many of us hold those items very dear and do not want to see it denigrated or cheapened, or just given away to anyone who desire it.

I lived in Germany for a time and there was no way I could become a citizen if I was not born there. I could apply to be a temporary guest worker at best. Many countries have very strict rules on who can and cannot become citizens -- why do you expect America to be any different?

Mexico h as one of the most stringent and strict laws on illegal immigration -- yet they send over their poorest uneducated to sponge off of the U.S. taxpayer.

Do you pay taxes as a green card holder? How do you feel knowing a part of your hard-earned money is going to welfare for people who are not even citizens of this country in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    SUPERSUPERME,

Well, instead of saying thank you for the opportunity America has given me, you complain.

In Texas we call that ungrateful. What you have received is not good enough. You want more than what we offer and that's a sense of entitlement. You complain about the cost because you want it for free.

Our immigration system is fine, and you protest because you just want it to be cheep and easy.

All I have to say is if you don't like it, then don't participate. Stay in your homeland because it is cheaper and easier to do than coming to America legally. Keep your money and don't bother us with your complaints.

I think America is too tough of a place for you. Americans are proud and brave not whiners and complainers. You really should consider going home, since coming to Ameirca is too difficult and expensive.

Alipacers,

These people just drive me nuts. This person has spent more money on the damn car they are driving around in than they have coming to America. Yes, it's cheaper to come to America legally than to buy a new car. Really that puts a value on what is important to them.

Dixie
    THAT is so true Dix! Good post!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

There are a few pertinent facts that have been left out thus far regarding AMERICANS' animosity towards NON-U.S. CITIZENS lately (including green card and visa holders ) that are worth mentioning.

Green card holders (non-U.S. citizens) DO NOT THINK OR ACT AS U.S. CITIZENS meaning that they too are a major part of the problem regarding illegal immigration. They look the other way when hiring illegal aliens (of their home country and others) instead of Americans, they practice only the culture of their mother country at the expense of AMERICAN culture to the point of extreme annoyance and inappropriateness (especially mexican and central/south american). They actively engage in activities, legal only in their own countries and actively participate in the undergound economy (with persons of their home country, criminals, gangs etc.). There is no such thing as 12-20 million illegal aliens. They are all brothers to them.

As someone already mentioned as well, there are TOO MANY of them now and they associate and relate only to their own countrymen (illegals especially) and therefore have no regard for AMERICAN law and culture. I see it everyday in my illegal mexican neighborhood.

Green card or not, they are foreigners who mostly refuse to assimilate and adopt the culture of their new country. We have more illegals now than legals and it is no coincidence that the illegals have plenty of work and plenty of support from new-legals with papers. They ARE their support and employment pipeline. We need to re-tool our immigration system to foster AMERICAN CULTURE at the expense of ALL OTHERS if we are to remain sovereign. IMHO
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

There are a few pertinent facts that have been left out thus far regarding AMERICANS' animosity towards NON-U.S. CITIZENS lately (including green card and visa holders ) that are worth mentioning.

Green card holders (non-U.S. citizens) DO NOT THINK OR ACT AS U.S. CITIZENS meaning that they too are a major part of the problem regarding illegal immigration. They look the other way when hiring illegal aliens (of their home country and others) instead of Americans, they practice only the culture of their mother country at the expense of AMERICAN culture to the point of extreme annoyance and inappropriateness (especially mexican and central/south american). They actively engage in activities, legal only in their own countries and actively participate in the undergound economy (with persons of their home country, criminals, gangs etc.). There is no such thing as 12-20 million illegal aliens. They are all brothers to them.

As someone already mentioned as well, there are TOO MANY of them now and they associate and relate only to their own countrymen (illegals especially) and therefore have no regard for AMERICAN law and culture. I see it everyday in my illegal mexican neighborhood.

Green card or not, they are foreigners who mostly refuse to assimilate and adopt the culture of their new country. We have more illegals now than legals and it is no coincidence that the illegals have plenty of work and plenty of support from new-legals with papers. They ARE their support and employment pipeline. We need to re-tool our immigration system to foster AMERICAN CULTURE at the expense of ALL OTHERS if we are to remain sovereign. IMHO

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE REALITY OF TODAY'S IMMIGRANTS.....MOST OF THEM. THEY THINK JUST BEING IN THE COUNTRY PHYSICALLY IS ENOUGH. WELL IT IS NOT. A GREEN CARD IS ONLY A CARD.

IF IMMIGRANTS WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE AMERICANS THEN THEY HAVE TO BE AMERICANS.

IT REALLY BOTHERS ME WHEN NATURALIZED CITIZENS DO NOT ASSIMILATE. THEY FLY THE FLAG FROM THEIR ORIGINAL COUNTRY WITHOUT ANY RESPECT FOR THE COUNTRY THEY ARE IN NOW.

CITIZENSHIP DOES NOT COME FROM A PIECE OF PAPER. THAT IS NOT CITIZENSHIP. CITIZENSHIP COMES FROM THE HEART. MANY WANT TO BE IN AMERICA. BUT HOW MANY WANT TO BE AMERICAN?

IMMIGRANTS SEEM TO WANT TO REMAIN SEPARATE. AND AS LONG AS THEY WANT TO REMAIN SEPARATE, THEY WILL BE SEPARATE.

ITS A TWO WAY STREET. THEY CANT SAY LET US REMAIN SEPARATE WITH OUR OWN LANGUAGE AND CULTURE.....AND THEN EXPECT AMERICANS TO EMBRACE THEM AS OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

AS LONG AS IMMIGRANTS DONT WANT TO "MELT" INTO AMERICA, THEY WILL BE OUTSIDERS REGARDLESS OF WHAT "PAPERWORK" THEY HAVE. PAPER IS ONLY PAPER. BEING AMERICAN IS MUCH MORE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

SUPERSUPREME,
    I think what is happening here is confusion over our comments on H1b and other visa's, yes we do want and support people who come to our country legally, such as people like you.

But what you must understand is there must be limits, caps, since this is our country we will work to make sure this government does not destroy it and our lively hood, which has already affected many U.S. citizens lives, we hear the stories everyday on here how these people who have been replaced by non-citizens in the job market.

They have a right to complain, Vistors who come here to work don't! you have a country to go home to this is our country, we will and do have a right to protect it from cheap labor,and corporations ect.

When immigrations starts affecting our ability to get a job or affects our wages then they are letting to many people in and we the Citizens have a right to complain about that, and stop the flood be it on visa's or illegally we can only sustain so much. You see we are speaking about control on this forum not elimination of all legal immigrants.

I hate to tell you this "SUPERSUPREME" but reality is if this country goes into a recession or a depression you and all other visa or green holders will go home like it or not, U.S. Jobs will go to Americans Citizens you can count on it.

DITTO
    to everything Dixie said and BTW Dixie well said!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast