Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Crazybird,
    There is a function on most TV's/remotes whereby you can select channels you choose to be available and those to "skip" while channel surfing. I have set every tv in the house to delete/skip over every Spanish channel in the lineup (and there are TONS in Florida). What angers me is that I have to pay for those channels whether I want them or not! And please, no bleeding heart better tell me "well they pay for all the english channels when they only understand the Spanish ones..." They understand plenty. That's how they got so well organized in this campaign while most Americans just sat at home watching their protests on TV like it was some movie of the week or something....and besides, that's how they teach their kids English (the tv)....just enough so the kids can translate all those forms for them to get free services for everything. And if they can afford cable/satellite, they sure shouldn't be getting free healthcare and all the other services they exploit. Lastly, when my son and I traveled this past summer overseas, we did not demand of the hotels and private accommodations that they provide English only broadcasts for our benefit
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Why isnt the spanish/hispanic channel made to have english subtitles so i know what they are saying???
    I have comcast cable and the have the special "latino" section. Naturally it's in spanish and I can get just the home to translate to English. But if I want to go and read the article....it won't translate and puts me back to the home page. Now I don't think that's very fair! But I can get noone at comcast to answer me as to why. I am OFFENDED and upset and won't sleep a wink coz they had some breaking news about Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt and I'll never know now. ( said just totally kidding) They have polls and I can't get in to take them. Some words I can pick out but not enough to be sure I'm messing up their polls. So I need it in English.

So does that mean I have to start learning Korean?

I have comcast cable and the have the special "latino" section
    I ment on my computer. But it ticks me off on the TV too. I think there's more a selection for them than I get.

So does that mean I have to start learning Korean?
    Who knows? I kind of figured Mandrin Chinese would be comming soon with our global economy and all. They're moving up while we're sinking fast.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

SW Florida here and I know exactly what everyone is saying....There are some Spanish speaking people working at Bealls, the dollar store and save on foods that we have come across...Trying to communicate sometimes is impossible, how can they get a job where speaking to customers is one of the main things that needs to be done? Save on is the worse, I was searching for something, asked an employee and just got a shurg of the shoulders.....come to think about it ditto for the dollar store. Bill and I have hung up on people calling here that can't speak hardly any English, asked for someone who could and the person got real huffy, in her native tongue. Our daughter travels all over the world with her job and says no one goes out of their way to speak English regardless if they speak it or not, they just expect you to speak their language. She is an attorney so most of the problems are in stores not in the work place, there they speak English, or at least try. Walmart is another story, the customers, I have said many times to the clerks who are trying to help people who refuse to speak English that I would not last a day with the abuse they get,I would be give them the same treatment, you don't know what they are saying but you sure can tell by their expression that they are not giving a friendly hello. I also have found that when shopping I hear them speaking English and as soon as an Amerian comes close they begin to speak Spanish. Something must have been said though at Winn Dixie, I noticed that the meat packages were in English and in Spanish, when I was there a couple days ago they were all in English again. Of course in Home Depot, where the illegals go to get hammers thinking it will make them a carpenter, or paint and a brush thinking they will be a painter all the signs are in English and Spanish. LOL and don't bother saying excuse me when they take up the whole isle with carts, they act like they don't understand you, so I just plow my way through. But we get that from the Canadian snowbirds as well in the winter with French.

Why not stop spending your AMERICAN dollar in any store that has spanish speakers that are not capable of communicating in English?

Don't you think that the store owners would take an entirely new look at hiring them if their profits dropped?

Of course they would! Gather up friends & family and stop them from shopping at these stores & restaurants.
    my 2 cents

ps: nothing speaks louder than the bottom line---PROFITS
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

2ndamendsis, well being in sw Florida I would like to find a place like that, they are every where....we now shop for grocerys at Publix, haven't come across any shopping or working there, of course Publix is more expensive but that's the price you have to pay. Also shop at times at Sweetbay, but they do have Spanish food ads alot on TV. I have also come across Spanish speaking people working at the libary, but they do try to speak English when you ask them something. But Walgreens, CVS, Target, Michaels, all of them are the same, unless we want to stop shopping or go 35 miles for a loaf of bread, milk, paper goods or other things, I think we will have to grin and bare it.

shopping naked with a smile? Oh now THERE'S a new, fun, tactic!
    Quote Originally Posted by swtncgram
    unless we want to stop shopping or go 35 miles for a loaf of bread, milk, paper goods or other things, I think we will have to grin and bare it.

LOL would scare the heck out of them seeing a 62 year old naked lady shopping, but it may help....of course while they are shoplifting, I would be the one arrested.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345