Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Does new amendment of English ONLY apply to the workplace?

I am so sick of the Hispanics in this country who are so rude when they speak Spanish at their workplace. Case in point: I work on a account at my job where there are 3 Hispanics. (1) Cuban, not sure when she came to this country, (1) from Columbia, not sure if he's a citizen, (3) a Mexican who I think was born in the US, but I think is on a Resident Visa or something, so this leads me to believe her parents were are illegals. Anyways, ALL F'n day I have to listen to these 3 speak Spanish to one another and I find it so rude. I feel like I am being discriminated against by them because I am 1 of 2 whites on the team and they have purposely ignore me because per them, they don't like some of the things I have said, non racial. I have advised my American manager that I am sick of it and have even gone to HR to report this and have been told that they cannot prevent them from speaking Spanish because there are no policies in the company that say English ONLY. Has anyone else come across this and what are your feelings about it? What forms of racial tensions or discriminations have you experienced working with these types of Hispanics who have no regards to others while speaking Spanish? I am so frustrated over it. My dad has many of times told me to just tell them to speak English. But if I do that I will be called racist and discriminating against them.

Hmmmm........I wonder. Many of us have questioned lawsuits.

Has anyone ever thought of a DISCRIMINATION suit against employers?
    We've been speaking entirely about local/state/federal government.
    Not employers.

Shoot, it's done all the time by minorities! You might be considered a minority in your office/city etc.

CALL several lawyers just to get a feel! I surely would.[/b]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Patriot2, I have a feeling you live in Florida. Do you ? This is a daily experience in most workplaces.

I could make this thread ten pages long ALL BY MYSELF, but don't worry I won't. I have to share this one though, Moms and Dads throughout America will love it.

My son was in third grade. A very good child, in fact he made straight A's and he LOVED school. Until his daily cafeteria experience surfaced in his life.

The children were all given assigned seats in the cafeteria, and literally were not permitted to talk. Everyday when my son would arrive at his seat, the same person was already in that seat. So he would do the most obvious thing and sit in the next seat. A woman who only spoke Spanish would come over to him and he said she would yell a bunch of things at him in Spanish. He would try to explain to her what happened and she would keep yelling at him in Spanish. She DEFINITELY knew that he did not speak Spanish.

He would come home everyday very blue. I would ask him if the lady in the Cafeteria had yelled at him and he would say "yes". It broke my heart oneday when he so sadly explained to me that the worst part about it was that she had terrible breath, and he HATED it everyday when she did this to him. It was no wonder that his lunch box always came home untouched.

Well, at the time I was very brainwashed having lived in Miami long enough to just think we are supposed to "put up" with these things.
    I told my son there were only a few weeks left of school and then it would be over.

I wish I had known six years ago what I would know to do today about it, thanks to all of my fellow Americans who are speaking out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LegalUSCitizen,
    No, I live in Chicago

Then it's just like South Florida.

It is a serious issue. Live outside of Chicago and was in a Jewel last night. Waiting patiently in line as usual. There was an older white woman that was running the register. Anyone that runs a register knows YOU don't have the power or ability to do ANYTHING to that machine when it comes back saying "request denied...customer must call bank". And you know it can be for a variety of reasons. You already debited the amount allowed in a 24 hr. period, even if you have the money in there. You haven't activated your card. Your deposit hasn't cleared yet. Something suspicious in going on and for your own safety reasons they need purchases varified. On the innocent side. You all know the others on the bad side. Well this Mexicans womans card was denied. She screams at this woman telling her she doesn't know how to do her job. Demanded her to do something to get that money because she's been shopping ALL DAY and made many purchases and worked fine till this place. Her family and friends must have heard her yelling and in seconds there was a mob there. They were talking in Spanish loudly amongst themselves and shooting nasty comments at this poor cashier who was still maintaining and being polite. It got very heated and they got more and more obnoxious. Fortunatly they opened another register and I got the heck out but I honestly expected that to comes to blows or have the police arrive. That chick actually beleived that old lady was DOING this to her. It is out of hand when you have to be afraid to go to your job.

Now they may think it's cute to demand their rights now in that manner but if something isn't done to fix this misdirected anger I hate to see what's next.

LegalUsCitizen,

Our son was verbally abused and humiliated by a Latino teacher to the point where we had to pull him out and homeschool. When I tried to talk to her about her violations not only of his rights under the educational laws but his IEP, she told me in no uncertain terms that "oh you're one of THOSE parents: if you are going to crawl up my (expletive deleted) all year, I'll do to your son what I did to their kids. He will be invisible." I was shocked and naturally went to the principal. She denied everything and Principal sided with her. There were 36 kids in his class, including 5 who spoke no English and the class had to wait everyday for her to help them in Spanish. There were repeated incidents of violations of his IEP and every time I complained, they took it out on my son, even confronted HIM and called him a liar for coming home and telling me what was happening. Well it got to the point where my son was coming home every day in a RAGE, abusing our dog, and then threatening suicide.....he has been homeschooled the last 2 years and we are now actively looking to move out of state. By the way, he is also way behind now in the areas that his IEP dealt with (math mainly) thanks to that incorrigible woman....and nothing happened to her. She has tenure and I understand runs that school. The Principal is apparently just her puppet because he has been there only a few years.

That is insane to do this to our children. Thank heavens it didn't get that bad for me with teachers doing this nonsense, but they need to get some control over these animals.

I will tell you one thing barkway, when my son was intimidated in school by teachers and management and they did not follow his Ed plan I threatened to sue them and I documented all meetings so I did have the proof.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I do believe thanks to our President and our government these poor people are now out of the shadows! It was so much nicer when they were only seen and not heard as we thought of our children when they were little lol.I may be wrong here, I believe before to much times passes there is going to be a rise in violence in the workplace, becasue of these arrogant people, our government has enabled them to come ou "their" shadowes and treat the legal Americans with total disrespect.I predict that soon, people who can will be leaving any jobs that employ illegal with legal citizens simply because of the deplorable working conditions. We cannot allow these people bully us around this way or they might soon be in charge of us! Maybe some of the companies who allow this to go on can be sued on the grounds of extreme stress from poor working conditions and allowing their legal employes to be exposed to this form of bullying in the workplace.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast