Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JAK
    The Senate bill is for fencing for a mere 3%, or approximately 60 miles, of the nearly 2000 mile border!!!! And the cost is $4,000,000 per mile!!! That is right $4 million per mile!!! Now you just have to ask yourself a couple of questions here:
    Steve King proposed that the fence he would recommend building was for something like one million per mile....WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT????????????

I hope their end is coming!!! Since so many are traitors...in November throw out the lesser of two evils...if there is no one good replacing them.
    Then in 2008 get some more etc. UNTIL WE GET ALL THE TRAITORS OUT...Seems the American people should be able to do something to replace all of these traitors BEFORE THEIR TERM IS UP. Is there anything we can do to GET these people out of office NOW!?
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good question, JAK, didn't know that kind of price tag was put out there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    I'm sure I heard him say that more than once on C-span!!!!!

yea, that was a dumb comment(me)>
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

JAK
    Here is Steve Kings proposal (Video)

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/07/13/king-fence/

Be back later.

JAK of course they could get away with this crap over there. That's why most of their people are over here. Surely our intention is to build a 700 mile fence.

$4 million per mile = $1 million actual cost + $3 million for Boosh and cronies to profit from it....
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

JAK
    This is all I can find...but I am sure he said one million per mile...

http://www.radioiowa.com/gestalt/go.cfm ... =local.cfm

King says he sat along the border in the dark and listened to the illegal immigrants cross into the U.S. "We're not going to be able to stop that traffic if we don't build a wall," he says. King estimates a concrete wall would cost a lot less in the long run. "I've spent my life in the construction business and we've poured a fair amount of concrete and it looks to me like we're asking for 6 billion dollars to defend our southern border for the 2007 year and that comes to 3 million dollars a mile," King says. "I am very confident that we can built a good, solid barrier of a concrete-style wall for far less than 3 million dollars a mile, we can build four-lane interstates for that kind of money."

UB

It's not 700 Miles, but it's not 60 either !

It's not 700 Miles, but it's not 60 either !

H.R. 6061 would amend P.L. 104-208, the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigration Responsibility Act of 1996, to direct the Secretary to provide at least two layers of reinforced fencing, additional physical barriers, roads, lighting, cameras and sensors extending from:

• Ten miles west of the Tecate, CA port of entry to ten miles east of the Tecate, CA port of entry; 20 Miles
    • ten miles west of the Calexico, CA port of entry to five miles east of the Douglas, AZ port of entry; 60 Miles
    • five miles west of the Columbus, NM port of entry to ten miles east of El Paso, TX; 90 Miles
    • five miles northwest of the Del Rio, TX port of entry to five miles southeast of the Eagle Pass, TX port of ntry; 65 Miles and
    • 15 miles northwest of the Laredo, TX port of entry to the Brownsville, TX port of entry. 220 Miles

• 20 + 60 + 90 + 65 + 220 = 455

Someone can check my math and mileage, but that's what I come up with.

UB
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

I was happy but when it comes to the government.......I won't beleive it till I see it being built PRONTO. They have a habit of funding things for failure. They can move quickly when they want to and they can drag the easiest things out for an eternity just to prove they made a feeble attempt. They can conviently "run out of funds" in the middle of the job. They can spend that money on posts and "run out of money" for the actual fence. They can waste it on methods to see if it will work, knowing the whole time it won't. It's progress but I'm not holding my breath. I think we'll all have to be moms constantly having to badger them about "did you get that fence built yet?".

3% of a two thousand mile long border isn't a whole lot.
    Good old boy games indeed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast