Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    3% of a two thousand mile long border isn't a whole lot.
    Good old boy games indeed!
    Where do you get 3%?

The Senate bill is for fencing for a mere 3%, or approximately 60 miles, of the nearly 2000 mile border!!!! And the cost is $4,000,000 per mile!!! That is right $4 million per mile!!! Now you just have to ask yourself a couple of questions here:

1. What good old boy game is being played so that some good old boy got a fat contract like that?? I could build another Great Wall for that much money!!
    2. Why did the Mexican government have to approve the building of this fence?? If I am going to fence my acreage I sure as hell do not have to ask my neighbor to approve of it!!
    3. Who pays for this monumental $2.4 billion boon dogal ?? The tax payers.
    4. With the above in mind do you really consider this winning??
    From William's post.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We'll have to ask Lou Dobbs to put some Congressmen in the hotseat for some answers!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    The Senate bill is for fencing for a mere 3%, or approximately 60 miles, of the nearly 2000 mile border!!!! And the cost is $4,000,000 per mile!!! That is right $4 million per mile!!! Now you just have to ask yourself a couple of questions here:

1. What good old boy game is being played so that some good old boy got a fat contract like that?? I could build another Great Wall for that much money!!
    2. Why did the Mexican government have to approve the building of this fence?? If I am going to fence my acreage I sure as hell do not have to ask my neighbor to approve of it!!
    3. Who pays for this monumental $2.4 billion boon dogal ?? The tax payers.
    4. With the above in mind do you really consider this winning??
    From William's post.
    Oh. Yeah, I think that's just rumor. I keep hearing all these different numbers relating to some subset of the 700 mile fence being built, but I don't see it in the legislation and no one has yet substantiated any of these claims.

MW
    CrocketsGhost wrote:

Oh. Yeah, I think that's just rumor. I keep hearing all these different numbers relating to some subset of the 700 mile fence being built, but I don't see it in the legislation and no one has yet substantiated any of these claims.
    I agree, CrocketsGhost. I'm sure the details will become more clear after the ink has dried on the bill. Let's give it a few days before we form a lynch mob and storm the Hill (that's a joke).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This whole process needs to be watched and scrutinized until it is done. To make sure it is done and to amke sure there isn't a bunch of corruption going on as well.

Let's face it. Nobody in Washington wants to build this fence to enforce our laws. All they care about is money and votes.

D.W.
    D.W.

I thought originally it was 700 miles as well. That was what they were saying on the news. There is a good share of the border already fenced near cities like San Diego and El Paso. Perhaps with poor fencing, but fenced nevertheless.

700 more miles would make it nearly half fenced. Part of the terrain in West TX is mountainous, which could make it difficult for people to drive across without so pretty sophisticated vehicles. Anyone wandering around in those mountains deserves to die because they are too stupid to live if you ask me.

I know that the area in W, TX where the Mexican military has been taking pot shots at the Border Patrol and Sheriff's deputies in an attempt to get drugs across is targeted for part of that fence.

Hopefully, Yuma, AZ, where the military at Ft. Huachuca have to go ride around the military reserve to make sure they aren't going to kill any illegals sleeping in the desert before they can do any training will be fenced in to solve that problem since the stupid idiots in our government won't let our military shoot criminals.

We shall see what we shall see. And if it turns out that this 3% thing is a rumor, I'll be trying to find out who started it and lambast them for hurting the cause rather than helping it by inciting people to fury and refusing to recognize even the smallest step in the right direction. I hate people who do stuff like that as much as I hate our country being overrun by illegal aliens.

We'll have to ask Lou Dobbs to put some Congressmen in the hotseat for some answers!
    Better yet, write/call and ask our senators personally. Both of mine voted for it so they should be proud to say. I'll be on the phone Monday morning.

The Secure Fence Act, which passed in the Senate last night, puts us on the path to achieving total operational control of our borders, which is essential for national security.

This bill is a major component of an enforcement-first approach to comprehensive immigration reform. With this legislation, every inch of our border with Mexico will be defended – either by fence or electronic surveillance.

In addition, Congress also voted yesterday to combat illegal immigration by adding 1,500 new border patrol agents, increasing new detention beds by 6,700 and providing $1.2 billion for border fencing, vehicle barriers, technology and infrastructure.

The Republican Congress has put the safety of the American people first and worked diligently to secure our homeland.

With this bill, we'll have better control over who enters the country, how they enter, and what they bring with them. Without the critical security measures included in it, we leave ourselves open to attack, and we place our national security at risk.

Bill Frist
    I got this in my inbox not long after I posted. Sorry to post so many times in a row.
    Jnr

I'm pretty happy. I'll be even happier when I hear that the bill has been signed, although I have little to no doubt that it will be, I'm still looking forward to hearing that it will be signed soon. Today or tomorrow would be good news.

I'm having a hard time complaining right now. I know that this was just one victory and that we need to work hard in order to have more victories because that is what it is going to take if we're going to correct this illegal immigration invasion, which is deeply effecting more Americans in more ways than many people in our country are willing to acknowledge and admit.

I'm having a hard time complaining right now because I am thankful to the senators for finally taking a step which is right and which fulfills their responsbility to the American people.

Sometimes silence speaks louder than words. That's the point where I am right now.

Sign the bill, start building the fence and maybe we can through the other parts which have to be addressed and dealt with too without too much trouble. I realize that is very wishful thinking, but being a little positive right now without losing sight of reality can't hurt, can it ?

P.S. When and if President Bush starts mentioning guest worker program, it's going to get very difficult. I truly think that is going to be the battle of all battles. We better enjoy this moment of peace and tranquility while we have it !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123