Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

So.....what happens next?

Can some of the long termers explain to those of us new to the way of politics explain what we should expect the next steps to be?

I know they are at home right now, but when do they return to Washington?
    What happens in the Senate when they get back?
    Will there be more debate?
    Will there be more ammendments?
    When does that phase end and will their be another cloture vote? If yes, when?

When is the final vote on this bill?

Thanks so much for helping us newbies to find our way around the system!

Banned
    Proud,
    Not sure when the cloture vote will be exactly. There have been several projections that I've heard- anytime between the end of next week and early the following week.

Thanks Kate.
    So, does that mean that they will continue to debate and vote on ammendments until the next cloture vote?

Right now, it's vital that we try to force our Senators to give us the TEXT of the approx 1000 to 1200 pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're holding this back so that AMERICANS canNOT see the written truth!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: So.....what happens next?

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    Can some of the long termers explain to those of us new to the way of politics explain what we should expect the next steps to be?

Proud, they should be back in session on monday, their will be more amendmants introduced, debated and voted on, hard to say how long it will take, depends on Harry Reid majority idiot you know! and how many amendments they allow. when thats all done they will have a clocture vote, we should know more next week as we are going along
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    SOSADFORUS wrot:

we should know more next week as we are going along
    .............. going along driving them crazy with calls, faxes and emails until they get their heads out and do the right thing.

Re: So.....what happens next?

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily

Proud, they should be back in session on monday, their will be more amendmants introduced, debated and voted on, hard to say how long it will take, depends on Harry Reid majority idiot you know! and how many amendments they allow. when thats all done they will have a clocture vote, we should know more next week as we are going along
    FYI!
    the CLOTURE vote is the reason why they only are allowed 30 HOURS OF DEBATE!

and they've used up many hours already. There is a TIME LIMIT - thanx to the cloture vote they forced down our throats.

There could be another cloture vote this week, depending on the possibility of another secret plan to push the amendments through quickly.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by April
    SOSADFORUS wrot:

we should know more next week as we are going along
    .............. going along driving them crazy with calls, faxes and emails until they get their heads out and do the right thing.
    You betcha!! Got to slam them hard on Monday, sounds like sis wants that 1000 page bill.

Sis we can't hardly get a direct answer out of them on a yes or no vote and you want us to find out where this 1000 page bill is , do I look like Hoodini !!
    I'll bet it is not even printed, I'll bet the 360 page summary is the only one to be had.

Did you get the 360 page summary? I wonder if anyone has gotten the 1000 pages, Lou Dobbs only got the summary. Where do you think it is and is this what you want us to ask? now that I'm done being a smart ass!!

I thought they extened it?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

If they do another clocture vote does tha mean they get another 30 hours?? because I heard a senator say it could take longer than this week!!

Okay, thanks guys, I think I've got it!

And I can not believe how sneaky they are being with this bill!
    If it were something they could be proud of, you would think they would be showing it off! I guess the fact that they are hiding it and rushing it tells us all we need to know.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast