Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Re: Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by justjeffUS
    nntrixie,
    If I am not mistaken, the voting application requires a social security number.
    Are you sure? The Motor Voter Act was passed before the SSN was required to obtain a DL.

But I can answer this more directly. I am an American citizen who chose not to obtain an SSN (the application is entirely voluntary) and I have never had any problem obtaining my voter registration using my passport and/or my birth certificate.

To my knowledge, there is no requirement for the provision of an SSN in order to work either, nor should there be if other suitable documentation is provided. What may happen, however, is that if you refuse to provide an SSN you may be subjected to "backup withholding," which withholds federal taxes at the maximum rate. It used to be 37%, but I think it has come down recently. It's not an issue for me because I have my own company.

Also.......they allow SS#s of all 00000000000000s.

They actually let employers use these phony numbers from illegal workers.
    AMAZING! And the biggest crock of all is how the senate wants to legalize their 'affair', they'll give their baby a name "Citizen".
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

SSN and Voting

Hi guys and justjeffUS, you have to get this info you have to the right depts. about the SSN. and the voting issue for it is really important.Also you could send it to Lou Dobbs.Please everyone we have to act fast and get these low lifes in trouble. We all have to fight hard so we can get this turned around.Lou tonight had a good part about Missouri suing the Condo owners for using illegals -big money and jail time posible. Other States better start doing this or we will not have any hospitals left. Jorge and the Senate are picking the bones clean if we let them.
    Thomas Jefferson said: When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty !

I know you can request a social security earnings statement that shows you how much you and your employer have paid into the system.

I receive this 2 times per year, in the mail. Because years ago someone was using my number. Never found out who it was.

I'm not sure, but I would assume that if someone is using your number fraudulently, then you can call and start an investigation.

My question is this: If these people are using your number fraudulently, and they then are entitled to a claim on these funds, how is the government going to know what you paid and what the crook paid???

This could cause much confusion and then guess who would probably lose?

You can go to the following link and request this report so that you know what the SSA says that you have paid into the system, from the moment you began paying into the system with your SS#.

https://s044a90.ssa.gov/apps6z/isss/main.html

You just won!!

Mavi,

You asked the million dollar question. The problem is two fold. For example, I am using your social security number for a couple of years. You report it, now when you are the age retirement. Forget about it your benefits. The people, who uses someone elses number with their knowledge later there is an error and then no one collects.

The biggest scam running and on top of it probably in another 15 years it will not exist. The government have been reaching into it for years.
    "....mercy to the guilty is cruelity to the innocent." Adam Smith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12