From January for Archive.

Sofia Vergara Endorses Donald Trump for the Presidency

Adam Ritchie
January 9, 2016

The latest high-profile endorsement for Donald Trump may surprise you.

Trump seems to almost be going out of his way lately to offend the Hispanic community, making headlines with comments such as “[Mexico is] sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing their problems. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists” and “[Jeb Bush is] a nice man. But he should really set the example by speaking English while in the United States.”

A recent CNN poll shows that 82% of Hispanics view Trump unfavorably. Modern Family’s Columbia-born Sofia Vergara apparently belongs to the 18% who don’t mind Trump’s recent comments. In fact, she went as far as to endorse him.

“I like what he has to say about this country,” Sofia Vergara said during a recent appearance on Ellen. “I don’t know if you know this, but I became a citizen last year. I got a perfect score on my citizenship test. [Trump] is like some of this country’s best leaders.

Abraham Lincoln, George Washington… Also, he’s worth four billion dollars. You don’t get to be that successful unless you know how to run something. That’s the person I want running this country.”

Ellen DeGeneres asked her if that meant she thought Trump would make a better president than Bush, Hillary, Sanders, and the other candidates. “Yes,” Vergara answered. “Yes, I do.”

Trump was triumphant after he heard about the endorsement. “This recent announcement from Mrs. Vergara is just one more thing that proves how much the Hispanic community really supports me,” the Republican presidential nominee frontrunner said. “And on top of it all she is, or course, a very beautiful woman. As the former owner of the Miss Universe Organization, I hope she knows she can reach out to me if she’s ever interested in the competition.”

http://thejournaldaily.com/entertain...he-presidency/