Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DJ

Something from Obama's Transition Team...

Did you see this? It was in my email today. Do you think we should take action? Is it another waste of time--or is this one worth the time submitting ideas?

Dear Friend,

We wanted to tell you about a new feature on Change.gov which lets you bring your ideas directly to the President.

It's called the Citizen's Briefing Book, and it's an online forum where you can share your ideas, and rate or offer comments on the ideas of others.

The best-rated ones will rise to the top, and after the Inauguration, we'll print them out and gather them into a binder like the ones the President receives every day from experts and advisors. If you participate, your idea could be included in the Citizen's Briefing Book to be delivered to President Obama.

Visit the Citizen's Briefing Book now and share your ideas:
    http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/

Throughout this Transition, a truly inspiring number of citizens have gotten involved. We hope that you remain involved through the Inauguration and beyond.

Thank you,

Valerie

Valerie Jarrett
    Co-Chair
    Obama-Biden Transition Project

Isn't that the same website that deleted all the votes in favor of enforcing immigration laws?
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

DJ
    I'm not sure, but I don't think so. This seems to be from Obama's actual "team" rather than a liberal activist who wanted to pull a scam. Maybe someone can remember if this is the same website address as that other one that disappointed us.

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned
    Isn't that the same website that deleted all the votes in favor of enforcing immigration laws?
    That was change.org, but what I am wondering is how can he have a .gov website BEFORE the inauguration.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK, the website I was thinking of was change.org.

Here is the link to the related thread:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-139656-.html
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

DJ
    I went to the link again, http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/home and
    it says this is the official Obama team site. It lists lots of topics (and I don't illegal immigration there!) and mentions that if you sign in, you can "vote." We just need to be aware of this in case it could keep our topic in front of Obama's worshiped face!

There are plenty of comments that seem to be pouring in, mainly to end illegal immigration.
    There is a search engine, just type in illegal immigration or plain immigration.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Get in there and vote, people. I voted on about ten issues, did a quick check and it seems the idea "Put prisoners to work" (instead of illegals) was leading.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    There are plenty of comments that seem to be pouring in, mainly to end illegal immigration.
    There is a search engine, just type in illegal immigration or plain immigration.
    Yup, lots of comments on immigration matters. Some from the pro-illegal side too, so I would register to make sure our voices are heard.

DJ
    ABSOLUTELY!! GET ON THERE AND VOTE EVERYONE!

Check to see what ideas seem to be over the top on the pro illegal side so we can do our part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast