Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    There was a time when true loving American patriots led our country and (represented) us...Not so any more....Now (controlling) us is self-serving greedy crooks and criminals who are not representing us.

Sad times we live in!
    Yep, it makes one wonder if King George was really all that bad.

hardlineconstitutionalist, kudos to you my friend. You sound like a person that has a pocket constitution. You know your US history, and not the stuff that was made up to fit certain religious and political affiliations.

How many people here know that the famous Paul Revere didn't actually do his famous ride? It was a man named Israel Bissel. The poet Longfellow is the one that made Revere famous, which is no way based on historical fact, yet what do we learn at school? One of many examples....
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

April
    URGENT FLORIDA ALERT!!!ACTION NEEDED NOW!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1041093.html#1041093

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Evangelines Longfellow?.... This was a fictional story about the Acadians plight at the hands of England. He wrote poems mainly, good ones, but apparently simply embellished stories to sound dramatic. Shame he left out the real riders name.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthIllegal
    hardlineconstitutionalist, kudos to you my friend. You sound like a person that has a pocket constitution. You know your US history, and not the stuff that was made up to fit certain religious and political affiliations.

How many people here know that the famous Paul Revere didn't actually do his famous ride? It was a man named Israel Bissel. The poet Longfellow is the one that made Revere famous, which is no way based on historical fact, yet what do we learn at school? One of many examples....
    Thanks Darth:

I appreciate your posts also. I think that "normal" people simply cannot or do not want to see the magnitude of what has happened. My Dad is 85 and is a very caring concerned big hearted man. But he has a hard time dealing with what is going on. I wait till he asks a question and then try to explain what happened. He is heart broken that all these things have happened right in front of his eyes and he did not see it.

But each day...I learn more that brakes my heart. So much I did not know or understand either. It takes so much time to study and then put the pieces together. I think the bottom line is:

People trusted the government to do the right thing...they have not supported the "true republic".

This little article just about broke me down it hit so hard in my heart. I think it explains much of what we are trying to learn and understand.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php ... tution/470

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    There was a time when true loving American patriots led our country and (represented) us...Not so any more....Now (controlling) us is self-serving greedy crooks and criminals who are not representing us.

Sad times we live in!
    OMG...we truly are there! All he wanted was a little more tax on tea!?!?! Look what we deal with now!

Quote Originally Posted by hardlineconstitutionalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314

Sad times we live in!
    OMG...we truly are there! All he wanted was a little more tax on tea!?!?! Look what we deal with now!
    Yes, and a 1% tea tax lit the powder keg that would go off 3 years later.

Has any one seen "John Adams" it was an HBO special. I think it was on last summer. Well it is now on "netflix" and is a 3 disc series we watched the first one last night and it was really good. Can't wait to get the next two. I have to say it is so reminiscent of what is going on today...

Today I watched the Continental Congress DVD from Freedom TV and it seems as though what happened then is starting all over again. Except this time it is our own Government not listening, and we are fighting against our own Congress and politicians...instead of the England....

Kathyet

Absolutely Katheyet! The lobsterbacks aren't coming this time. They're already here. I've been sayin' it for over ten years now, but for the longest time, it fell upon deaf ears.

I've seen the John Adams DVD set at Sam's a couple times, but have yet to get it. I did get a few sneak peaks online when they were discussing things between Hamilton's big government and Jefferson's small prudent, and frugal government and banking ideas. Many of the comments related that Hamilton trounced Jefferson, and on the surface it appears so, until one actually thinks about the ideas of Jefferson and his ideas.

And yes, we are experiencing the same things that the people of Colonial America experienced. It's just that the tyrant isn't one man 3,000 miles away. We now have 3,000 tyrants 1 mile away.

Hylander 1314

I have been doing the same thing for many years as well. It seems at times I have driven friends, family, along with many message boards to total distraction with my insistent emails and information along with certain remarks backed up by on- line information to everyone of them over and over.... YES....it does seems as though people are finally starting to wake up...

I also really do believe it can be stopped as long as we don't give up fighting this evil that is in our government. There are so many out there who are fighting for our Freedoms, some through legal channels, others just like us getting the word out in various ways passing all the information we can find around, and others, through peaceful assembly in Rally's and in town hall meetings........as long as we don't give up.

The Continental Congress 2009 DVD from Freedom.TV is great as well and it can be viewed for free on line....I think these things should all be sent to our Congress and political leaders as required reading, after all they read nothing else!!!!

.Kathyet

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast