Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

In 2004 I launched a petition drive at Harvard University that resulted in 600 matresses being sent to the Dominican Republic after a hurricane for replacement of flood damaged mattresses in the hospitals in the disaster zone. I do not like it when I am accused of being calloused or bigoted when I say I want immigration enforced. I think there are many nurses on here just as there are immigrants Jews and Latinos .
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have the highest respect for nurses and for what you do under very stressful circumstances. All I can say is that I am still highly motivated to fight this open-borders madness.

BTW, it won't surprise you, but you can guess what is happening to So Cal hospitals:

http://toplistings.dailybreeze.com/ci_11281522
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i will keep this venting going.... a couple month ago my mother was admitted to the local hospital in congestive heart failure, she was intubated (put on a ventilator) unfortunately her pulmonary Dr was an Indian (barely spoke english). after 3 days the icu nurses pulled me aside and warned i needed to be there early sunday morning (i am also a nurse), no other info given. so sunday morning i got there early the indian walked in and stated she was going to extibate my mom and send her home on a few 'pills'. i asked if she had seen the test results her ejection fraction was 30 ( anything under 40 is congestive heart failure) and her fio2 was going up (not good) at that point she ordered me out of the room and said if i didnt leave she would have me arrested and at that point she called security on me. i refused to leave and told her she was fired. anyway she made a BIGGGGG scene. i do have power of attorney but didnt have the paper work (note to self ALWAY CARRY THOSE DOCUMENTS!!!!!) the indian demanded the paper work so i told the hospitals legal dept that on monday i would contact our family lawyer but if i make the call i am going to give him TOTAL access to my moms records and to proceed as he felt necessary... the hospital then decided i could be serogote. my brother found that medicare pays better if the patient dies while doing a procedure (extibation). and as a side note this same indian killed another patient on the unit that same day. i just want to know where is quality control?

Lone_Patriot this story is outrageous and unfortunately far too common. I hope you complained to the Medical Director and had this physician's conduct put on record for peer and administrative review! I'm afraid to ask how your mom is?

There are and have been many Americans trying to get into nursing over the years. The problem is there are waiting lists for the nursing programs. Not enough schools, not enough slots. So hospitals import nurses.
    So by the time Americans can fill the jobs they were told were needed.....the jobs are filled by foreign workers......and I truely question how much "better" they are, but I'm sure alot less expensive. I have been shocked as to how badly the care has gotten and yet we manage face transplants. The cost is un-real and yet some places are resorting to 3rd world methods to meet basic demands. It's scarey.

Here they'll drop a sick citizen off at a homeless shelter and drive off, but non-citizens get the royal treatment.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Patriot
    i will keep this venting going.... a couple month ago my mother was admitted to the local hospital in congestive heart failure, she was intubated (put on a ventilator) unfortunately her pulmonary Dr was an Indian (barely spoke english). after 3 days the icu nurses pulled me aside and warned i needed to be there early sunday morning (i am also a nurse), no other info given. so sunday morning i got there early the indian walked in and stated she was going to extibate my mom and send her home on a few 'pills'. i asked if she had seen the test results her ejection fraction was 30 ( anything under 40 is congestive heart failure) and her fio2 was going up (not good) at that point she ordered me out of the room and said if i didnt leave she would have me arrested and at that point she called security on me. i refused to leave and told her she was fired. anyway she made a BIGGGGG scene. i do have power of attorney but didnt have the paper work (note to self ALWAY CARRY THOSE DOCUMENTS!!!!!) the indian demanded the paper work so i told the hospitals legal dept that on monday i would contact our family lawyer but if i make the call i am going to give him TOTAL access to my moms records and to proceed as he felt necessary... the hospital then decided i could be serogote. my brother found that medicare pays better if the patient dies while doing a procedure (extibation). and as a side note this same indian killed another patient on the unit that same day. i just want to know where is quality control?
    This sounds like murder to me. Contact the District Attorney Office ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Justthatguy

This sounds like murder to me. Contact the District Attorney Office ASAP.

actually that day, when i talked to the hospitals legal dept (brought in on a sunday) i called it 'murder' they were very nervous. but lets face it that is exactly what was happening and the hospital just looked the other way. greed is incredible.

problem is i'm sure they have 'fixed' the chart the only real evidence.

I want to march in Washington!!! If ALL Willing Americans did this it would send a huge message!! I want it to change NOW!!!!!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    I want to march in Washington!!! If ALL Willing Americans did this it would send a huge message!! I want it to change NOW!!!!!!!
    This is all the more reason we should NOT have government run healthcare. When budgets are tight I believe decisions would be made about who is worth saving according to the financial bottom line.

My mom had to be taken by paramedics to a hospital as her blood pressure was averaging 250/90-100. We spent 2.5 hours in the lobby waiting for a bed, but as visitors came out from ER, there were very few that spoke English, and you don't really need five or six kids in ER visiting the person. After there was finally a bed available, the doctor flipped over her condition, saying she could have had a stroke sitting in the lobby. The nurses and doctors were fabulous and definitely American. When she was put into a room, there was a large sign saying that treatment would be given no matter of immigration status or ability to pay.
    I just wonder how many folks taking over those ER beds were in for headaches for excessive earwax or fake heart-palpitations, just to get a taxpayer-paid check-up since they have no insurance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast