Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    I see what you are saying Mamie. And I guess that the mad rush for the Island started within the past hundred or so years. I read so much history I get it all jumbled up sometimes. LOL
    actually, I haven't ever read any history about Hawaii, so you know more than I do ... it was just my opinion and nobody ever said I was right!
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by Jill74
    There is no way to know how things would be today if the Europeans had never come to this land, but I think it's safe to assume that the U.S. would not today be the big melting pot full of people from all over the world.
    I'm sure I will be called racist for saying this, but the original founders of the United States, and the People and Government of the United States had no intentions of having a 'big melting pot full of people from all over the world.' This is evidenced by the fact that up until about 40 years ago it was nearly impossible for a non-European to emigrate to the USA. Americans prior to the Vietnam era strongly identified with Europeans, and considered themselves a European derived country. The United States you now live in is a far different place than it was 50 years ago.

The idea that the Founding Fathers somehow invisioned forming a 'multi cultural' society is a lie and a myth fostered by the same people who have an interest in unchecked illegal immigration. The old adage 'divide and conquer' comes to mind.

JGill

I never thought about it before, but most of the colonists were Europeans. Then there were the slaves BROUGHT HERE from Africa
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    JGill

I never thought about it before, but most of the colonists were Europeans. Then there were the slaves BROUGHT HERE from Africa
    All of the colonists were Europeans. If you can point out a non-European colonist, I would like to see the info.

Our Constitution was written by and for Europeans. You may see this as racism, when it is actually historical fact. I can provide many, many quotes by our Founding Fathers in which they express their ideas on White superiority. This is conveniently forgotten in today's kinder, gentler culture.

I'm not sure what the point of your second sentence is. Are you implying that African slaves had some type of influence on the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence?

Slavery is an unfortunate blight on our history, however you can still buy slaves in many parts of the World. Instead of condemning our ancestors in a hand wringing episode of guilt, perhaps we should congratulate them on their progressive ideas in leading the way in ending the practice of human slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by JGill
    All of the colonists were Europeans. If you can point out a non-European colonist, I would like to see the info.

Our Constitution was written by and for Europeans. You may see this as racism, when it is actually historical fact. I can provide many, many quotes by our Founding Fathers in which they express their ideas on White superiority. This is conveniently forgotten in today's kinder, gentler culture.

I'm not sure what the point of your second sentence is. Are you implying that African slaves had some type of influence on the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence?

Slavery is an unfortunate blight on our history, however you can still buy slaves in many parts of the World. Instead of condemning our ancestors in a hand wringing episode of guilt, perhaps we should congratulate them on their progressive ideas in leading the way in ending the practice of human slavery.

initially I had they were all European, I wasn't aware of others, but I was chastised about my comments on Hawaii, so I left it at that.

The point I was making was Africans were brought here, they didn't sneak in --- I wasn't condeming anybody. Nobody can judge our ancestors based upon society as we know it today.

Re: Spanish speaking people indigenous to this continent????

Quote Originally Posted by Jill74
    Hi,
    However, with all this rhetoric about Mexicans being the only indigenous people on this continent, doesn't that little matter of Spain conquering the Aztec Indians of Mexico conflict with this assertion?

Thanks.
    Mexico was invaded by Europeans starting nearly a hundred years before the US, yet Mexico still lags economically way behind. Then you have millions of Mexicans who have, or have tried, to "escape" their country for the US.

Put that together and it might be very humiliating for some Mexicans, who might turn to what is essentially extreme Mexican nationalism. Perceived humiliation is apparently a very powerful motive for the development of extreme nationalistic groups.

Quote Originally Posted by JGill

Americans prior to the Vietnam era strongly identified with Europeans, and considered themselves a European derived country. The United States you now live in is a far different place than it was 50 years ago.

The idea that the Founding Fathers somehow invisioned forming a 'multi cultural' society is a lie and a myth fostered by the same people who have an interest in unchecked illegal immigration. The old adage 'divide and conquer' comes to mind.
    Eastern Europe was a major source of immigration to the US and Scandinavia, Canada and Latin America were all significant. Why would anyone from there identify with Europe?

What did seem to change sometime after the Vietnam War was major increases in immigration from Asia and Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by illegals_out_now
    Eastern Europe was a major source of immigration to the US and Scandinavia, Canada and Latin America were all significant. Why would anyone from there identify with Europe?

What did seem to change sometime after the Vietnam War was major increases in immigration from Asia and Africa.

I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you asking why would Eastern Europeans identify with Europe? Probably because they're European as well. Why wouldn't they? Scandanavians are European as also. I'm not sure which globe you've looked at lately, but Scandanavians are considered Northern Europeans. Canada was a European derived nation as well, being French/English.

Latin American immigration prior to 50 years ago was almost neglible, the people of Hispanic origin who were here were largely native to the USA, and not immigrants.

http://www.census.gov/population/docume ... /tab01.pdf

If the United States wasn't a country that considered itself White European, then why did it not allow non-Whites to vote until very recently? Being unable to vote is hardly taking part in the American Dream, wouldn't you say?

Increased Asian immigration after the Vietnam war is a result of the breaking down of American identity with Europe, with propaganda like the 'World's melting pot' being largely responsible for conditioning people to accept it. And just like today, what the people wanted and what the Government did aren't exactly the same thing.

I stand by my original statement, which is that the Founding Fathers were extremely racist, and would be considered White supremacists by today's standards. There was no original intention to start some large multi-cultural nation as most people seem to believe. That is a fuzzy hippie idea that was promoted starting in the 1950's. If you can provide evidence to the contrary, I would welcome it. However there is a dearth of racist quotes made by the founding fathers. We can argue about what we *think* they believed, or we let their own words *tell* us what they believed.

Banned
    I stand by my original statement, which is that the Founding Fathers were extremely racist, and would be considered White supremacists by today's standards.
    Big whoop-de-doo! Is there a point to this?

What do you want to see done about the illegal immigration problem?

Would you please put your agenda out for all to see and quit beating around the bush?

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    I stand by my original statement, which is that the Founding Fathers were extremely racist, and would be considered White supremacists by today's standards.
    Big whoop-de-doo! Is there a point to this?

What do you want to see done about the illegal immigration problem?

Would you please put your agenda out for all to see and quit beating around the bush?
    DITTO

Lets get with the here and now. Not when the founding fathers were around or stuck in the 60's. The issue is illegal immigration.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123