Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

dxd
    Quote Originally Posted by krazynbama
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    I wrote to the RNC after the Senate 2611 disaster and told them I'd never support McCain and that they should consider someone of character and someone who speaks their mind, like Sessions.
    I'll do the same....let's get something rolling!
    Speaking your mind is not enough. Has he proven that he can stand up to the arm twisting when it counts? Did he endorse Bush for re-election? If McCain is the nominee do you really think Sessions or any other Republican is not going to pull a Tancredo type sellout and endorse those votes to the R nominee?

Let's get someone from the anti-illegal immigration community. There are plenty of choices.

Let's get someone from the anti-illegal immigration community. There are plenty of choices.
    I agree. Any nominations???
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    dxd,
    I do understand what you're saying. But, this person cannot just be the poster boy/girl of the anti-illegal immigration movement because this will send many people running in the other direction. Also, this person needs to be strong and rational on many issues, not just immigration. And, as you say, they must be able to stand up to the pressure. So, who is this person?

Has a third party candidate ever become President of the USA?

MW
    dxd,
    I do understand what you're saying. But, this person cannot just be the poster boy/girl of the anti-illegal immigration movement because this will send many people running in the other direction. Also, this person needs to be strong and rational on many issues, not just immigration. And, as you say, they must be able to stand up to the pressure. So, who is this person?
    I agree 100% kate! dxd, have you even bothered to do any research on Sen. Sessions, if so, what is there not to like? As for endorsing President Bush during his election and reelection campaign, I think you'll find most Republicans supported their parties nominee. Who were the suppose to support, Sen. Kerry?

Tancredo did not run because he knew there was no chance he would be elected. Like I said earlier, too many people view him as and one issue pony and rather extreme in regards to the illegal immigration issue. Besides that, I'm sure Tancredo thoroughly explored his potential chances before deciding not to run. Give us your recommendation, we're all ears.

I still think Sen. Sessions would be a very viable candidate that would appeal to all anti-illegal immigrant voters, should he be convinced to run.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    MW, to add to what you said - I think Sessions has the "likability" factor. From the times I heard him talk, he seems to be good-natured. Even in his Senate floor speeches he was "grace under pressure."

dxd
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    dxd,
    I agree 100% kate! dxd, have you even bothered to do any research on Sen. Sessions, if so, what is there not to like? As for endorsing President Bush during his election and reelection campaign, I think you'll find most Republicans supported their parties nominee. Who were the suppose to support, Sen. Kerry?

Tancredo did not run because he knew there was no chance he would be elected. Like I said earlier, too many people view him as and one issue pony and rather extreme in regards to the illegal immigration issue. Besides that, I'm sure Tancredo thoroughly explored his potential chances before deciding not to run. Give us your recommendation, we're all ears.

I still think Sen. Sessions would be a very viable candidate that would appeal to all anti-illegal immigrant voters, should he be convinced to run.
    I did not say that Sessions is not a good man. I spoke with him on the air and I believe that he was genuinely concerned about this issue at that time. .. But what I am saying is that ANY party member is faced with a conflict of interest when it comes down to taking votes away from the ballot candidate of their party. And if we are going to put in the work we can not take that risk.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    MW
    I like that idea. I've called Sessions offices leaving messages that he should consider.
    Good on you, I think I'm going to do the same thing - right now. Well, I'm going to send him an email anyway. I would recommend everyone do the same thing. The man at least needs to explore his opportunities for the presidency. :wink:

I highly recommend everyone on ALIPAC go to Sen. Sessions website and find out more about the man:

http://www.sessions.senate.gov/

I think you'll like what you see. Please email him with a request to consider the presidency.
    I was lucky enough to catch his oratory on the issue on C-Span right up to, and a bit after the big S2611 vote. Geez, one of the few in the US Senate that was saying all the right things for the right reasons!

After some searching around on the net, I was able to get direct emails for his staffers in DC (and AL). I sent them an email of support (suggesting also the presidential run - or something very near...). Within a day or so, I rec'd a very, very nice reply from the main staffer in his office. Hey folks, I've been a registered Democrat much of my life and (don't worry, I've since wised up) am now an Independent.

I'd vote for Sessions or Tancredo in a heartbeat.
    Can't hurt to send him again I suppose...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When I say he/she needs to be from the anti-illegal group, I meant someone that believes in enforcing the laws. I didn't mean a one-issue person, but I don't think we need a fence-sitter or one of those, "we need security on the border, but we need to make a way for those here to be able to stay" - or the 'Johnny-come-latelies' to the debate, whose real agenda I question.

I should know more about Sessions - but I really know little about him.

dxd
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I agree. Any nominations???
    Assuming they are willing we must select someone who can hold their position when the arm-twisting starts and someone who does not have a conflict of interest.

Off the top of my head. Someone like a Jim Gilchrist comes to mind. Someone like a Peter Gadiel(who lost his son in 9-11) of 911 Families for a Secure America comes to mind. And there are plenty more choices. I just threw these 2 names out to get everyone thinking about the type of person they would be looking for.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast