Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    I believe all pregnant illegal aliens should be deported to have their babies in Mexico. The unborn is not yet an American citizen, but unfortunately we do take care of them. There are special clinic that care for them along with American citizens. And after there is no limit to what they are eligable for.

The automatic citizenship must be changed for anything to work against illegal immigration.
    you know I think the whole anchor baby is a misinterpretation of the law. In fact I thin NumbersUSA has a whole section on this.

When you have millions of people who think Americans owe them everything for nothing in return it's called a one way street. With those kind of people it's only take, take, take.

Life is only good when it's Give and Take.

So, what I want to know is what's in this for U.S.?
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Americanpatriot

So, what I want to know is what's in this for U.S.?
    Well, it depends on who we are talking about.
    If it is big business, it is higher profit from cheap labor.
    If it is big government, it is the potential for a new voter base who is easily manipulated.

If it is for the average American citizen, NOTHING.

That's what I thougt...nothing in return.

The backward fools pushing for this failed NAU plan are basically committing suicide, but they also want to kill us off to. They are going off the deep end and want us to go along with them for the fall.
    I'm not going along with any of it. If I go anywhere I'm going fighting.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

What we get is ,,,SCREWED!!
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dagmar
    I believe all pregnant illegal aliens should be deported to have their babies in Mexico. The unborn is not yet an American citizen, but unfortunately we do take care of them. There are special clinic that care for them along with American citizens. And after there is no limit to what they are eligable for.

The automatic citizenship must be changed for anything to work against illegal immigration.
    you know I think the whole anchor baby is a misinterpretation of the law. In fact I thin NumbersUSA has a whole section on this.
    [/quote

Bottom line is the Author of the citizenship clause made it perfectly clear what his intent was.
    The Supreme Court has NEVER ruled one way or the other. (how could they rule when the author made his intent clear? say Oh he really meant to say something different)

Note that the Court decided that American Indians were not granted automatic citizenship under the 14th amendment

So there you have it. My take is the 14th amendment DENIES citizenship to the offspring of illegal aliens for the reasons listedAny bill passed by Congress, and any action taken by the Executive branch must theoretically conform to the Constitution; else the Judicial Branch (ie, the Supreme Court) is supposed to act. Notwithstanding the fact that the Constitution has been largely ignored of late, in order to do anything about 'anchor babies' the 14th Amendment would have to be repealed and replaced, because it specifically makes anyone born under the jurisdiction of the United States government a citizen. http://www.mytend.com/immigration/3640-immigration.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dagmar

On Anchor Babies - Could the following law be declared unconstitutional?

Assume Congress & the Pres pass the following law:

The phrase, "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof," in the Fourteenth Amendment shall in all cases at law and concerning immigration, be defined as:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States

to PARENTS who, at the time of this person's birth,

a) had officially been granted citizenship or legal permanent residency in and by the United States,

b) had sworn allegiance to the United States and affied allegiance to no other nation,

c) had proven themselves gainfully employed and financially fit to raise a child without assistance from any organization, affy

d) had provided verifiable proof that they were not guilty of any crime,

e) had registered and been accepted as a resident of the state and of the county in which the child was born and

f) by rigorous written and spoken examinations,had demonstrated a command of the English language at or above the...

Answer:
    The actual fact is that the author of the citizenship clause of the 14th amendment , Senator Jacob Howard, argued to have the phrase "and subject to the jurisdiction of" because he wanted to make it perfectly CLEAR that the mere ACCIDENT OF BIRTH in the United States was NOT sufficient to grant citizenship.
    During Reconstruction Howard participated in debate over the first clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, arguing for including the phrase and subject to the jurisdiction thereof specifically because he wanted to make CLEAR that the simple accident of birth in the United States was not sufficient to justify citizenship. Howard said:

[The 14th amendment] will NOT, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the government of the United States, but will include very other class of person
    Despite his intention the amendment has since been interpreted to guarantee citizenship to every person born in the United States.Citizenship and the children of tourists and illegal immigrants:
    The provisions in Section 1 have been interpreted to the effect that children born on United States soil, with very few exceptions, are U.S. citizens. This type of guarantee—legally termed jus soli, or "right of the territory"— does not exist in most of Western Europe, Asia or the Middle East, although it is part of English common law and is common in the Americas. The phrase and subject to the jurisdiction thereof indicates that there are some exceptions to the universal rule that birth on U.S. soil automatically grants citizenship. Two Supreme Court precedents were set by the cases of Elk v. Wilkins[2] and United States v. Wong Kim Ark[3]. Elk v. Wilkins established that Native American tribes represented independent political powers with no allegiance to the United States, and that their peoples were under a special jurisidiction of the United States. Children born to these Native American tribes therefore did not qualify for automatic citizenship under the Fourteenth Amendment. Indian tribes that paid taxes were exempt from this ruling; their peoples were already citizens by an earlier Act of Congress.In Wong Kim Ark the Supreme Court held that under the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, a man born within the United States to foreigners (in that case, Chinese citizens) who were lawfully residing in the United States and who were not employed in a diplomatic or other official capacity by a foreign power, was a citizen of the United States.

Under these two rulings, the following persons born in the United States are not "subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, and thus do not qualify for automatic citizenship under the Fourteenth Amendment:
    Children born to foreign diplomats;
    Children born to enemy forces in hostile occupation of the United States;
    Children born to Native Americans who are members of tribes not taxed (these were later given full citizenship by the Indian Citizenship Act of 1924).

The following persons born in the United States are explicitly citizens:

Children born to US citizens;
    Children born to aliens who are lawfully inside the United States (resident or visitor), with the intention of amicably interacting with its people and obeying its laws.

The Court in Wong Kim Ark did NOT explicitly decide whether U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants are "subject to the jurisdiction of the United States" (it was not necessary to answer this question since Wong Kim Ark's parents were legally present in the United States at the time of his birth). However, the Supreme Court's later ruling in Plyler v. Doe [4] stated that illegal immigrants are "within the jurisdiction" of the states in which they reside, and added in a footnote that "no plausible distinction with respect to Fourteenth Amendment "jurisdiction" can be drawn between resident aliens whose entry into the United States was lawful, and resident aliens whose entry was unlawful."
    Bottom line is the Author of the citizenship clause made it perfectly clear what his intent was.
    The Supreme Court has NEVER ruled one way or the other. (how could they rule when the author made his intent clear? say Oh he really meant to say something different)

Note that the Court decided that American Indians were not granted automatic citizenship under the 14th amendment

So there you have it. My take is the 14th amendment DENIES citizenship to the offspring of illegal aliens for the reasons listed
    Any bill passed by Congress, and any action taken by the Executive branch must theoretically conform to the Constitution; else the Judicial Branch (ie, the Supreme Court) is supposed to act. Notwithstanding the fact that the Constitution has been largely ignored of late, in order to do anything about 'anchor babies' the 14th Amendment would have to be repealed and replaced, because it specifically makes anyone born under the jurisdiction of the United States government a citizen.

http://www.mytend.com/immigration/3640-immigration.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234