Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    I'm not making any comment about the mormon religion here but if the illegals are joining the church of latter day saints I wonder if they are paying the 10% of their salary to the mormon church as tithing which is required? In catholicism donations are optional (at least technically) but with the mormons it's required.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Whatever you do - Don't say they are Extremists.

I got in trouble for saying that some viewpoints were exremist. I have been witnessed to ever since.

I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsalinda
    Whatever you do - Don't say they are Extremists.

I got in trouble for saying that some viewpoints were exremist. I have been witnessed to ever since.

Extremist? Nah... They're freakin' nuts.

They believe that we are "gods in embryo" who, upon death, will be given our own planets to populate. The difference between LDS and Scientology is that everyone knows that L. Ron Hubbard was a fiction writer.

You're missing one important point as well, that the most nutsy of the group (the polygamists) are reproducing at twice the rate of the mainstream Mormons.

As for the Mormon church's take on illegals, they're good with it as long as the illegals join the church. Democrat Senator Reid of Nevada and Republican Chris Cannon (an infamous open borders member of the House) are both Mormons. There are five Mormon Senators and twelve Mormon members of the House. Of course, Mitt Romney is also a Mormon.

Having good friends in Idaho/Utah that have hired illegals for generations, I can speak from a little experience.

The Mormons HIRE ILLEGALS because they save tons of money on their ranches. The illegals used to live in old train cars set away from everyone, many piled into a car with no running water, etc. They have only recently allowed them out into the light of day. Now that area is overflowing with illegals. More money for the church and her people.

The reason that they WANT ILLEGALS is for cheap labor & increased profit. Nothing more and nothing less.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Business as usual!

What was it P.T. Barnum said, about gullible people and their astronomically high birthrate?

The Mormons are different - that's a fact.

I don't see them being all that much different, I mean as in odd, than a majority of today's religions.

If someone had been asleep for 40 years and woke up to attend a Southern Baptist Church today, he/she would think they found their way into the wrong building.

Does anyone really believe if you sent 10K to a TV evangelist that God will give you back ten-fold. Millions of people do -----

It is easy to doubt or disparage a religion which seems so different to your own.

I heard Nancy Grace describe the Church of Christ as a 'Cult'.

As to why Mormons are pro-illegal, I don't know. It certainly could be money. The Mormons have always had a lot of very wealthy people - businesspeople in their ranks. I remember reading some things during Reagan, I think, about the number of wealthy Mormons in government or close advisors. I have always heard they were hard nosed where money was concerned. It sounds like they are no different from say the meat packers or poultry pocessors.

This President claims to be a born again Christain who talks with God regularly - yet he certainly wants to flood the US with Mexicans. Why?

I am not totally sure, however, that Mormons do not help anyone but themselves. My impression has always been the opposite - but I don't know for sure.

Orrin Hatch has been trying to get the amendment changed allowing a naturalized citizen to become President. Supposedly because of his close personal friendship with Arnold. I don't know if Hatch is a Mormon or not.

But don't you think the Catholics want the Mexicans here to swell their ranks - no difference. Many Americans are kinda upset with the Catholic Church - they may need new recruits.

I am trying to understand the real reason for the original post. Maybe Utah does seem to want the illegals - but what about Texas, California, AZ, New Mexico??? I am referring to our own politicians and their handlers - the corporations.

So what's the point of the post - that Mormons are different - surely, but so are plenty of other religions -

Mormons like illegals because they make money off them - possibly, but so do plenty of other states, businesses and politicians.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Well, they're different enough that they are the only religion to invoke the name of Christ but not be predicated on the Bible, but rather on magical tablets "discovered" by a serial con man.

Well, they're different enough that they are the only religion to invoke the name of Christ but not be predicated on the Bible, but rather on magical tablets "discovered" by a serial con man
    Well, now I will grant you they are different - I said that.

As too being started by or let's say 'headed by' a con man - that is neither different nor unique. Just look around you these days.

I was just trying to figure out why this person posted this. Was it to disparage the Mormon religion or what?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Well, they're different enough that they are the only religion to invoke the name of Christ but not be predicated on the Bible, but rather on magical tablets "discovered" by a serial con man
    Well, now I will grant you they are different - I said that.

As too being started by or let's say 'headed by' a con man - that is neither different nor unique. Just look around you these days.

I was just trying to figure out why this person posted this. Was it to disparage the Mormon religion or what?
    Fair enough. I was also perplexed as to the reason for this thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast