Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Super Bowl Triggers Trump Haters

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Super Bowl Triggers Trump Haters

Twitter users troll liberals, Falcons fans with #NotMySuperBowlChamps hashtag

by Kathryn Blackhurst | Updated 06 Feb 2017 at 12:41 PM

After the New England Patriots pulled off a stunning upset victory against the Atlanta Falcons during the Super Bowl LI on Sunday, it didn’t take long for crushed Falcons fans and livid anti-Patriots viewers to take to Twitter using the hashtag of “NotMySuperBowlChamps.”

When news circulated prior to the Super Bowl that President Donald Trump considered Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and coach Bill Belichick to be his friends, many disgruntled liberals and outraged activists registered their disappointment and some even called upon Patriots fans to abandon their team for the sake of politics.

“I like Coach Belichick and Tom Brady’s my friend … I know they’re taking a lot of heat,” Trump told Fox News host Bill O’Reilly in a pre-game interview aired Saturday. “I think they’re going to do very well. Tom’s a winner.”

What’s more, Trump predicted the Patriots would trounce the Falcons by a margin of eight points during the Super Bowl. As it turned out, he was off by just two points.

After the Patriots incredible come-from-behind victory, some Super Bowl mourners decided to conflate their unhappiness with the 2016 presidential election outcome.

“The Patriots didn’t win today. Hate won. Fear won. Racism won. Sexsim won. Homphobia won. Literally shaking. #NotMySuperBowlChamps” one person tweeted.

Luis Antonio Miguel @lamknight7
    The Patriots didn't win today.
    Hate won.
    Fear won.
    Racism won.
    Sexsim won.
    Homphobia won.
    Literally shaking. #NotMySuperBowlChamps
    4:35 AM - 6 Feb 2017
    598 598 Retweets 1,210 1,210 likes

"I refuse to accept the results of this years [sic.] Super Bowl. Looting and rioting may be inevitable," one person tweeted, referencing the series of protests and riots that have taken place across the nation since Trump defeated former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton on Nov. 8.

Noah Allen Zylstra @zylstra509
    I refuse to accept the results of this years Super Bowl. Looting and rioting may be inevitable. #NotMySuperBowlChamps
    7:35 PM - 5 Feb 2017
    52 52 Retweets 146 146 likes

"I refuse to accept the outcome of the super bowl I need a safe space," another person tweeted, poking fun at Americans who are paralyzed by Trump's victory and incapable of dealing with the country's democratic processes.

LAWLESS AUDIO @LAWLESSAUDIOLAW
    I refuse to accept the outcome of the super bowl I need a safe space..#notmysuperbowlchamps 😂😂😂😂
    6:34 AM - 6 Feb 2017
    22 22 Retweets 63 63 likes

"I just heard that Starbucks is hiring 10,000 Falcon fans," one person trolled on Twitter, pointing to Starbucks’ announcement that it would be hiring 10,000 refugees following Trump’s executive order temporarily suspending the refugee program from seven war-torn nations.

Hillary Hates Me GWM @pinepilot
    #NotMySuperBowlChamps I just heard that Starbucks is hiring 10,000 Falcon fans. #safespace
    3:51 AM - 6 Feb 2017
    476 476 Retweets 1,300 1,300 likes

Other Twitter users took the opportunity to tie in reports of Russian election hacking and the 2015 "Deflategate" NFL controversy.

"I refuse to accept the outcome of SB51 #NotMySuperBowlChamps Falcons won popular vote and Russians deflated the balls," another person trolled on Twitter.

nick venezia @nickvenezia33
    I refuse to accept the outcome of SB51 #NotMySuperbowlChamps Falcons won popular vote and Russians deflated the balls #Brady🐐 #RollTrump
    8:13 PM - 5 Feb 2017
    66 66 Retweets 209 209 likes

"Breaking: Jill Stein announces demand for a re-match because Russia hacked the football. Send her lots of money," another person joked, referencing former Green Party candidate Jill Stein’s calls for vote recounts — despite the fact that Stein barely received one percent of the national vote.

Paul Joseph Watson ✔ @PrisonPlanet
    Breaking: Jill Stein announces demand for a re-match because Russia hacked the football. Send her lots of money. #NotMySuperBowlChamps
    3:54 AM - 6 Feb 2017
    2,139 2,139 Retweets 5,729 5,729 likes

"Russia rigged the game. Putin deflated the balls. Atlanta won the popular vote!!!!!" another person trolled.

"So who's responsible for the Patriots winning? Russia? Fake news? Julian Assange? When are the riots?" someone tweeted.

Paul Joseph Watson ✔ @PrisonPlanet
    So who's responsible for the Patriots winning? Russia? Fake news? Julian Assange?

When are the riots? 😄#NotMySuperBowlChamps
    3:49 AM - 6 Feb 2017
    2,813 2,813 Retweets 7,200 7,200 likes

"At least the Falcons won the popular vote," another offered as a condolence, pointing out how the Atlanta team maintained its lead for most of the game.

Matt @StartedTweeting
    At least the Falcons won the popular vote. #NotMySuperBowlChamps
    6:57 AM - 6 Feb 2017
    91 91 Retweets 284 284 likes

“Don't feel bad Atlanta, Big Leads have been blown before. Should we expect Riots to follow,” another person tweeted.

Nancy ن @LVNancy
    Don't feel bad Atlanta, Big Leads have been blown before
    Should we expect Riots to follow 🙄#SuperBowl2017 #NotMySuperbowlChamps#Pray4DJT
    7:52 PM - 5 Feb 2017
    720 720 Retweets 1,457 1,457 likes

One of the most glorious series of Super Bowl reaction tweets included multiple people calling out civil rights activist Shaun King for posting — and then deleting — a tweet at the game’s half-time saying, "Note to America. This is what happens when Trump picks your team to win. 21-3. Halftime." The tweet was deleted after the Patriots reversed the scoreboard and took home the stunning overtime victory.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/s...perbowlchamps/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Some of those are really funny!!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn