Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    BearFlagRepublic wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. I knew John and Ken had been supporting Giuliani for a while. Not sure about a "conspiracy," but something is up.....
    The ironic thing about this is California's own Duncan Hunter is a true conservative and is one of only two candidates that is extremely tough on the illegal immigration/border security issue. Why won't these folks support one of their own? I don't know anything about John, Ken, or Al. Do they have liberal leanings? Giuliani certainly does on some issues.

I'm sick of the excuse, he doesn't have a chance and can't win. We shouldn't base our decision of who we support on such lame ideology. I have little respect for folks who jump on a bandwagon just because everyone else has convinced them it's the right thing to do. Everyone should do their own homework and make the choice that is right for them. Unfortunately, too many Americans are to darn lazy to do their own homework.

I'd rather lose on the right choice, than win on the wrong choice!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    The ironic thing about this is California's own Duncan Hunter is a true conservative and is one of only two candidates that is extremely tough on the illegal immigration/border security issue. Why won't these folks support one of their own?
    To his credit, SD talk radio host Rick Roberts does support Duncan

I don't know anything about John, Ken, or Al. Do they have liberal leanings? Giuliani certainly does on some issues.
    They have absolutely no liberal leanings. Perhaps neoconservative leanings, which may be why they like Giuliani....

I'm sick of the excuse, he doesn't have a chance and can't win. We shouldn't base our decision of who we support on such lame ideology. I have little respect for folks who jump on a bandwagon just because everyone else has convinced them it's the right thing to do. Everyone should do their own homework and make the choice that is right for them. Unfortunately, too many Americans are to darn lazy to do their own homework.
    The irony is.......Giuliani is the one that really has no chance....Patriots will sit at home on election day, or vote Third Party. Tancredo or Hunter would actually have a better chance, because they would not split the party in two like Rudy is about to do....
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Unfortunately, Al Rantel just announced that he supports Giuliani for president.
    That's just crazy!

Do you have an email address for this guy? Someone needs to set him straight on the realities of the illegal immigration and border security issue. Giuliani is the worse possible choice!
    His e-mail address is alr@ kabc.com

----------

Yes, Al has been and is a strong advocate against illegal immigration, and often has many good anti-illegal immigration activists on. Unfortunately, IMO, he botched this choice and sounded a little defensive tonight. His basic argument for supporting Rudy is that while there is "no perfect candidate," Rudy will be strong on national security, good for the economy, Hillary would be terrible, and since it's close to the primaries, he should endorse someone -- telling a caller "who are you going to vote for??"

He also believes Rudy has "come around" on the border issue, trusts him on this, and believes that he can keep Rudy honest on this issue. He also said Tancredo is not going to win, and that Tancredo is a "one issue" candidate. (This was disappointing because we all know that illegal immigration impacts many issues, including homeland security). Even though Tancredo will probably not win, I wish Al had addressed the fact that Rudy supports "pathway" amnesty for the millions of illegal aliens here, something that neither Romney nor Thompson publicly support.

Here's Numbers brief analysis of the GOP candidates:

http://www.betterimmigration.com/candid ... _gop1.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Populist wrote:

His basic argument for supporting Rudy is that while there is "no perfect candidate," Rudy will be strong on national security and good for the economy
    I believe what some think is "good" for the economy is not necessarily what's best for the economy! There are times when tough choices are necessary to get things back on the right track. So it looks like Al, by proxy, supports amnesty for illegal immigrants.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I was listening to his show tonight too...With the primary only three months away, sounds like Al has made a decision to pick the lessor of two evils... I think he feels Giuilliani is the only one who can defeat Hillary! Too bad our elections have come to that!

As if anyone needs reminding, here is an article that outlines Rudy's belief and support of pathway amnesty for the millions of illegal aliens in our country. As we know, this is basically the type of huge "comprehensive" amnesty that Bush peddled this summer:

Washington Times
    Giuliani eyes citizenship path for illegals
    August 15, 2007

By Stephen Dinan - Republican presidential hopeful Rudolph W. Giuliani yesterday said he would grant a pathway to citizenship to some illegal aliens already in the country but would stop future illegal aliens by finishing the border fence and bringing expertise to the job.

He said the problem is the government lacks the commitment to get the job done — something he would change.

"You've just got to do it. ... It's complicated [but] it's not brain surgery," he told WVOC-AM radio in Columbia, S.C. "You've got to build a fence, build a technological fence, hire the border patrol, set up a 'BorderStat' program to measure people coming over the border, start doing it."

Mr. Giuliani said he supports fencing 700 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border and hiring the U.S. Border Patrol agents Congress has already authorized, as well as establishing better databases and a new I.D. card for foreigners working or studying here.

He also said he would bring his New York crime-fighting experience to the border by creating a program called BorderStat, which measures and tracks enforcement techniques.

As for the current immigrant population, Mr. Giuliani committed to deporting criminal aliens, both legal residents and illegals, which he said would total about 300,000.

Mr. Giuliani said the rest of the 12 million to 20 million illegal aliens already here can gain a path to citizenship after a waiting period if they register and learn English.

Those key elements generally track President Bush's immigration bill, which was defeated in the Senate earlier this year. Mr. Giuliani opposed that bill, saying it was too complicated and unworkable.

Mr. Giuliani's top rival for the Republican presidential nomination, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, also opposed the immigration bill. He doesn't want a path to citizenship for illegal aliens.

Mr. Romney and a potential candidate, former Sen. Fred Thompson, have labeled New York a "sanctuary city" — one that protects illegal aliens by preventing officials from inquiring about legal status or reporting them to federal authorities.

On Monday, Mr. Romney visited the U.S.-Mexico border at San Diego, and called for penalties against sanctuary cities, including reducing federal funds to them.

Over the weekend, another potential presidential candidate, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, called on Mr. Bush to convene an emergency three-day session of Congress to pass a law to address sanctuary cities in light of recent reports that three students were killed in Newark, N.J., purportedly by an illegal alien shielded by sanctuary city policies.

Mr. Gingrich, Georgia Republican, proposed ending some federal funding for cities that refuse to comply.

Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado, another Republican presidential hopeful, said if elected he would bring federal criminal charges against mayors and legislators who declare their municipalities sanctuary cities.

• This article is based in part on wire service reports.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey Al! Wake up and smell the New World Order! Giuliani is a dyed-in-the-wool Globalista, like George W. Bush, and Hillary Clinton.

Here's Rudy with his pal, David Rockefeller: www.rightsourceonline.com/welch/bnews2. ... k_cho=4874

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Now maybe some of you will start seeing things for how they "really" are.

Ken & Brian who are ALSO huge anti-illegal immigration, and now Al Rantel support Ghouliani... !!! What does this tell you??

Think about it.

The agenda is being set and now they are promoting a PRO-WAR, PRO-OPEN BORDERS candidate!! WHY?

Trust me --- "illegal immigration" is the side issue... there is a greater threat AND greater purpose here!

You ALL KNOW THAT GUILIANI'S Firm represents Cintra, the Spanish company building the NAU superhiway... right?

Oh, you didn't know?

People...... there is something greater afoot... and those talkshow hosts who you think are on your side.... are they really?

I don't know about the rest of you , but I'l never vote for the lessor of the two evils again .

I don't give a darn if satan himself instead of just some of his conrads like we have now are running , I won't do it !

It just keeps getting crazier !

I was a republican that voted for Bush in the 2000 election, ( I couldn't stand Gore)...I remember celebrating when Bush finally became president...It didn't take me long to see my mistake. I'm sick to think I voted for a man who has taken this country in the wrong direction, his presidency has been one long nightmare for our country. I can't believe the damage that has been done by the Bush's and the Clinton's over the last fifteen years...Now I wonder if clueless Americans are going to finish us off and vote for another Clinton for president? Is there no one else that can become president besides a Clinton or a Bush? I don't like any of the other top tier candidates in both parties, they are all the same!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast